Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-20-2010   #41
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I am against taking RBs high in the draft

It's also good to look at the quality/quantity of the positions for the Draft.

I think if Kubiak feels there are few really good RB's and not much after that, he will look to draft one early. However, if there's a decent number of backs that they grade out relatively even, then he may wait to get better value in a later round. This goes for most of the positions, if not all of them.

Combination of BPA, Need and Draft Depth.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

I think if Kubiak feels there are few really good RB's and not much after that, he will look to draft one early. However, if there's a decent number of backs that they grade out relatively even, then he may wait to get better value in a later round. This goes for most of the positions, if not all of them.

This is why I believe the Texans wont be drafting a S in the 1st rd.

This is the deepest S class I've seen in a while.

A starting caliber S can be found in the 3rd/4th rd in this years draft.

Stuckey/R.Johnson for example
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #43
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

I don't rep, but this is quality posting in the sense that it captures major factors which determine a selection. Example during the Duane Brown draft there was not another guy thought to be a LT candidate taken for nearly 3 rounds (a couple ORT taken in round 3). basically while at first glnce he was a "reach" if the Texans were going to address the LT position they had to do it in the first round.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read