Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2010   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's first 2010 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
That kick return avg is good for 21st in the league, well below average. Chances are we could bring a guy in off the street and he would do better. 6 catches for 59 yards? That's a terrible season, especially when you consider that we payed the guy 16 mil to re-sign with us.

If it makes sense monetarily I would drop the kid first chance I got.

Edit: To add to that, JJ averaged 26.6 on KR's which is good for 7th best in the league.
Wonder why JJ is not returning with such great stats? If the chances were good that SMith could have signed a street FA to do better, why didn't he? He does have a history of doing just that. With AJ being most prolific WR in the NFL and JJ doing much better, Daniels on pace to be a probowl TE catching the ball; I can understand Davis not having many. Davis is close to a first down every catch. WRs like RBs want to get into a rhythm and AD never gets that due to Kubiac's scheme. If you look at his contract, he got it because another team offered that for him and the Texans chose to match it. At least two teams thought he was worth the money. If they do cut him at least this would be the year (uncapped) to push his bonus money up to 2010.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read