Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-10-2010   #21
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Outsider Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I've seen Carter play many times and he is overrated to me. He is a fat guy who can't move laterally and gets way too many holding and personal foul penalties. Playing with aggression is one thing but this guy looks like he plays dirty. Just my opinion.

People don't remember him because he is a good player. They remember him because he has cool hair, face paint, and tatoos.
I agree with this to an extent. I will say that Texas Tech's run game produced infinitely better numbers running behind Carter. I think he will be a quality pro if he ends up in a system that fits his strengths.

As far as the face paint, he did get an honorable mention all big 12 his sophomore season, without the face paint.

I would be very surprised if he lasts til the 6th round.
Old 01-11-2010   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

really like the pick of Alabama TE Peek. Celek was one of two Philadelphia 5th rd. picks & he worked out ok
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
I've been around your MB for a while and thought I would share some ideas about the upcoming draft. I watch all Texans games and read most of the threads, especially related to the draft and NFL topics. By no means am I trying to portray myself as some sort of draft guru. I'm just a guy who wants to bounce some ideas around and get some feedback on what I percieve as needs for the Texans.

Some thoughts on the draft:

1. OG Mike Iupati Idaho 6'5 330lbs. Nibble enough to play OT and big enough to be a force in the red zone. Probably BPA @20 and really could be a fixture for the next 10 yrs.

2. CB Brandon Ghee Wake Forest 6'1 190lbs. This is a good spot to pick a premire CB and the Texans could have a choice between Perrish Cox, Patrick Robinson, and Javier Arenas. Fills another area of need with a quality pick.

3. DT Lamar Houston Texas 6'2 300lbs. Great motor, good rotation guy for interior DL. May not make it this far, but if he is there, good value. Besides, his last name is Houston, how cool is that.

4. RB Charles Scott LSU 5'11 228lbs. Nice bigger back to help get those short yards. Should work fine with Slayton for a change of pace back.

5a. TE Colin Peek Alabama 6'6 255lbs. Lunch pail guy who is adequate blocker with good hands. Not one to stretch a field but good at finding soft spots.

5b. S Josh Pinkard USC 6'1 215lbs. The "other" S from USC. Would loved to have picked a S earlier, but just couldn't make it work. This kid can play, he'll stick.

6. OG Brandon Carter Texas Tech 6'7 370lbs. I know this kids a head case, but come on, maybe a little crazy is good sometimes. Every team needs a roadgrader.

7. K Aaron Pettrey Ohio State -- Usually drafting a kicker at all is a waste. This kid has a big leg and can kick in the cold weather. Somebody will draft this kid. Saves begging in FA.

We all have different ideas, just thought I'd share mine.

Thoughts?
1. I really like Iupati but in a more smadh mouth O. Even if Gibbs leaves the new guy (Dennison?)proll keeps the ZBS. Iupati has the skills and quick feet but the weigh concern me on how long he will stay in the game. Look at the problems Duane Brown had staying in. I like Asamoah in 2nd.
2. Ghee and Arenas are good, but Robinson turned me off his last game. I was a fan of Cox but he was suspended for the bowl game. I have Kyle Wilson in 3rd.
3. Houston is great pick and Texans may do this, I don't see us wasting a high pick on DT as run yardage against us has dropped. I have Richard Seymour in FA.
4. Scott intrigued me but got hurt early and I have yet to watch him play.

Enjoyed your ideas.
Old 01-11-2010   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not really a draft guy, since I don't watch College football. Right now, I would be happy with whatever the Texans do, so long as it makes sense to the people I know, who do watch college football. The most knowledgable just happen to be the guys here on this forum.

But early in this draft, 1st round, 2nd round, even the third, I want a big back. 5'9" to 6'3"... 210 to 240 lbs. with good to great speed.
The good news TK is we should be able to address most of our needs in this draft and free agency off season. The talent should be there and some depth. It just needs to be put together and jell.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read