Join Date: Nov 2007
Rep Power: 746
I've been around your MB for a while and thought I would share some ideas about the upcoming draft. I watch all Texans games and read most of the threads, especially related to the draft and NFL topics. By no means am I trying to portray myself as some sort of draft guru. I'm just a guy who wants to bounce some ideas around and get some feedback on what I percieve as needs for the Texans.
Some thoughts on the draft:
1. OG Mike Iupati Idaho 6'5 330lbs. Nibble enough to play OT and big enough to be a force in the red zone. Probably BPA @20 and really could be a fixture for the next 10 yrs.
2. CB Brandon Ghee Wake Forest 6'1 190lbs. This is a good spot to pick a premire CB and the Texans could have a choice between Perrish Cox, Patrick Robinson, and Javier Arenas. Fills another area of need with a quality pick.
3. DT Lamar Houston Texas 6'2 300lbs. Great motor, good rotation guy for interior DL. May not make it this far, but if he is there, good value. Besides, his last name is Houston, how cool is that.
4. RB Charles Scott LSU 5'11 228lbs. Nice bigger back to help get those short yards. Should work fine with Slayton for a change of pace back.
5a. TE Colin Peek Alabama 6'6 255lbs. Lunch pail guy who is adequate blocker with good hands. Not one to stretch a field but good at finding soft spots.
5b. S Josh Pinkard USC 6'1 215lbs. The "other" S from USC. Would loved to have picked a S earlier, but just couldn't make it work. This kid can play, he'll stick.
6. OG Brandon Carter Texas Tech 6'7 370lbs. I know this kids a head case, but come on, maybe a little crazy is good sometimes. Every team needs a roadgrader.
7. K Aaron Pettrey Ohio State -- Usually drafting a kicker at all is a waste. This kid has a big leg and can kick in the cold weather. Somebody will draft this kid. Saves begging in FA.
We all have different ideas, just thought I'd share mine.
"Well, I never thought about it before...but I suppose I'd let the kid go for about $1.99 a pound." FAR SIDE
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|