Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-16-2005   #61
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I don't know where the perception comes from that any midround drafted player would be an automatic instant upgrade. Our history with drafted OL isn't exactly stellar evidence. The best we've drafted would have already been hauled off to the chopping block if some of the fans ran the team.

McKinney has his flaws and liabilities but proclaiming Hodgdon as some OL savior is just ignorant.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #62
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Len Pasquarelli, the ESPN sportswriter, has a story claiming that the Chargers
and Bengals are the only 2 teams return their starting OL intact and at the
same positions as they played last year. I think he left us out of that group
by mistake, unless Cass & Capers have let him in on some info they haven't shared with anybody else. We may have been experimenting, but I don't think
any official changes in our OL lineup have been made.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2088145
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005   #63
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I thought Pitts did a pretty good job at LT in 2003. The coaches moved him to LG because he isn't the prototypical LT and Wand was an intriguing option. I'm not ready to say Wand won't turn into a good LT, but Pitts already was becoming one. There were times in 2003 that he made the rushing ends just look silly. Also consider that Piits is really a project himself, having never really played much organized football. I think he's a very quick study, has always displayed a positive attitude, and I like his work ethic and desire to improve wherever they put him.
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005   #64
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Alot of people discount Pitts' skills as a LT, but if the Oline is stinking it up early in the season, I'd expect us to move him back to LT, and try and draft one next year. it's either that or put riley in at LT. personally, i'd rather have Pitts at LT.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005   #65
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Alot of people discount Pitts' skills as a LT, but if the Oline is stinking it up early in the season, I'd expect us to move him back to LT, and try and draft one next year. it's either that or put riley in at LT. personally, i'd rather have Pitts at LT.
personally, I'd rather see Wand at LT. I would prefer that the only change to the O-line is a change of personnel at the center position with McKinney going to the bench. Other than McKinney going to the bench, I would rather see the line remain the way it was last season.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005   #66
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
personally, I'd rather see Wand at LT. I would prefer that the only change to the O-line is a change of personnel at the center position with McKinney going to the bench. Other than McKinney going to the bench, I would rather see the line remain the way it was last season.
Who would you put @ C. Please elaborate on your choice so we can all understand you position.
Old 06-22-2005   #67
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Who would you put @ C. Please elaborate on your choice so we can all understand you position.
Honestly, I wish I knew who would be best to replace McKinney. I'm not there watching practices. I'm not watching all of the films to see who would be good to bring in either. All I know is that I remember several times last season watching McKinney getting shoved back into Carr's face and forcing him out of the pocket into a waiting DE or LB. Did McKinney get credit for giving up the sack? He was the direct cause of the sack, but no, he wasn't credited with giving up the sack. IMHO, he is the "Weakest Link" on the O-line, and I would love to say "Good Bye" to him. Who do we get to replace him? I wish I knew.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #68
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I want Wand to start and do well at LT, but if he isn't getting the job done and the line is sucking, there's gonna be some changes on the line. If this is the case, does mckinney slide over to play LG, Pitts to LT? but then i'd wonder who would play center. hogden, probably not. washington, Don't know, seems old and slow. are there any other lineman on the team that can play center? the other option would be to replace wand with riley if wand isn't playing well.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #69
Doug
All Pro

Maybe if we move McKinney somewhere besides Center he'll do better. That multi tasking is killing him (Hike the ball, then block). Maybe if all he has to be concerned with is blocking he'll do a better job. LOL
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #70
TommyS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
the other option would be to replace wand with riley if wand isn't playing well.
please dont let riley be our left tackle...PLEEEEEEEASE NOOOOO!
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #71
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

They tinkered with him @ G in these mini-camps. Remember when they toyed around with Wong @ ILB in last years mini-camps? Where are the ILB's from last years team now? Hmmmmmmmmm.
Old 06-22-2005   #72
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

For the first time i can look at a Texan schedule and honestly say that there is not a team on their that they cannot beat. So this one is a little difficult.

So lets do the math of averages. Each year I predict what our final record is going to be and i am pethetically wrong. The first year I said 8-8(4-12) The second year I predicted 9-7(5-11) Last year I went out on a limb and said
11-5(7-9) So I have been wrong by the average of four games. So lets say we go 16-0(with the schedule we have its possible )and then subtract the games that I have been wrong by(4) and so now my prediction will be 12-4. Yep 12-4.

Yes sir......12-4
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #73
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

oh crap i just responded to the wrong thred. sorry. Ha
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #74
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL
Default That's Classic!

quote from Doug,

"Maybe if we move McKinney somewhere besides Center he'll do better. That multi tasking is killing him (Hike the ball, then block)."

hahhahahahhahaa

I was laughing for 2 straight minutes, tears came to my eyes......that's gold....pure gold.

Thanks for the laugh

hhahahahaha.......Hike the ball, then block.........hahahhhaha.........too much.

Its funny cuz its true.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #75
NoBullTexan
Veteran

If the Texans are to fall back on Washington as the OC, we are in more trouble than I thought. He is a decent run blocker, but he doesn't have the quickness needed to be an effective pass blocker
I agree McKinney dogged it last year, however he does have potential. Hurry up and learn the position Hodgdon.
Old 06-24-2005   #76
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Does anyone know how did McKinney play as a guard at Indy? If memory serves me he was a starter when Edge lead the league in rushing his first two years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read