Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-24-2005   #21
Texansbacker
Veteran

Nice post jr0ck. The Texans have had some great moments since 19-10 indeed, although the Cowboy spanking was extra special with cheese.

The opener at Miami was great, as was strumming Jacksonville, the Titans, da Raidas, even the loss against Minnesota showed some progress and a possible glimpse of things to come.

The writer mentioned that the Texans have had no pass rush and that is true. He failed to account however for the fact that our D-linemen were all not 100% healthy. For our D to be effective the D-line needs to dominate and everything else will come together but it starts up front. Same on the O-line and I hope the experience gained by Wand last season will turn him into the player he is hoped for and provide the protection Carr needs.

If the Texans get good line play, then and only then will we get to see the talent and speed of our skill players on both sides of the ball.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #22
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default This article is generous.

I'm not here much and rarely post, but i agree completely with the assessment in the article. this team will probably not do so well again this year and then i hope we'll go out and look for a coach (and a GM?) that can light a fire under the players we have and acquire the players we need. So far it's been just a play dress up NFL team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U4ikrob
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/slant/slant55.html

Good article and sums up many things I felt and have mentioned on this board several times this off-season in particular.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #23
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I'm not following your use of the word "liberal" in this context? Care to enlighten?
It is hard to explain, but if you listen to a liberal commentary, then you will see what I mean. They are really good at pointing out the problems in the other guy. I will stop there before I .

Anyway the article accentuated the bad and barely touched the good.
Old 06-24-2005   #24
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
Wow. I could say so many things, but none of them would be nice. Maybe this is needed instead:

lib·er·al adj.

a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.
a. Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.
b. Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.
3. Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.
I apologize if I deeply offended anybody. My comment was not aimed at anyone. I was using the word incorrectly. Thanks for correcting me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read