Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Rep Power: 236801
Bowl game player review
I watched a lot more college ball recently as I think this draft may be our most important one yet for Texans. 2-3 more starters and some strengthening of other spots may have the effect of launching Texans to Super Bowl in 1-2 seasons. That's right maybe next season. Who out there really scares you? Pats? Nope they might get beat next Sunday. Colts? Their good but we can beat them. Anyway, my focus was on free safety, corner, left guard and power back.
1. Cameron Nelson FS Arizona 6'1" 202 lbs did not stand out to me. Had three significant plays but I lost focus on him quickly.
2. Colin Baxter LG/C Arizona 6'4" 295 lbs WOW! Never watch him before but quickly caught my eye. I was focusing on Suh who hit the right side of Arizona's line for two sacks but never saw him go against Baxter. This guard looked pretty darn good as Suh is not the only Dlineman to watch out for. Baxter stayed with his blocks often hitting the guy again if the QB did not get rid of the ball timely and became threatened again. One play Baxter blocked through his guy then raced down field. I forgot he was a lineman..he boogied. When he went to sideline he remained focused on the game. If there after round four, I'd grab him.
3. Charles Scott Rb LSU 5' 11" 234 4.60 didn't know he would be held out and could not see what the PR was all about. Almost 1200 yds 5.4 avg in 2008. Collar bone against ALabama in early November kept me from checking him out. Should be in Senior bowl with Anthony Dixon.
4. Patrick Peterson CB LSU 6'1" 205 I wrote "NOPE!" on my notes after watching this guy stink it up. In first quarte he was out of position and was faked out leading to a TD and another position his placement led to a first down. The announcers kept saying "He is a very good player.." and i kept saying "Well, he forgot to bring his skills to this one".
5. Haden Cb Florida Tebow who? This is the best player in Florida and started for 3 seasons including his freshman year. Having watched him before only led to my satisfaction in his performance against Cincinatti. If only he would drop..
6. Chad Jones SS LSU 6' 235 man this guy grabbed my attention. He was all over the field. I kept saying watch the corners and the FS but my eyes were not listening to my lips. Check his stats http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=232416 If Pollard does not sign this beast should be on Texans radar. Hits like a LB should.
6.Patrick Robinson CB FSU 5' 11" 194 4.42 No interested in this one. He fell down in 1st quarter and then later was able to catch a guy from behind to stop a TD but just did not look good to me although I kept waiting. I read an article some time ago comparing him with Haden and the guy said he was a distant #2 and had stiff hips. I had been hoping he would go ahead of Earl THomas forcing the FS closer to us. HA!
7. Mike Ford RB 6' 225lbs I knew little of this guy but chose a good game to watch, 207 yards. What really is exciting is he did almost all of it in one half so fits in good with our team. The plan would be for him to produce the two quarters that the rest of the team decides to coast. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=300022459
Dude was arrested for driving his moped on sidewalk after midnight without have his license with him. He has numerous traffic violations that may indicate maturity issue.http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/1...t-license.html
8. Jerome Murphy CB S.Florida 6'1" 185 4.48 on an earlier mock I had him in 3rd if Kyle Wilson was gone. Never watched this FS/KR but if I can get a CB by round three he may be my FS and back up corner in round 4. He was fun to watch against W. Illinois. He exhibited a good burst of speed to break up a long pass that was not his guy (I don't think). Involved in a bizarre play in that he recovered a fumble, ran with it and then fumbled it back. The very next play, he intercepts the QB. Good energy and did not get flustered on his fumble.
9. Perrish Cox This Oklahoma State CB was high on my interest list at perhaps round two. He was suspended from the bowl game fro violating team rules. Only thing I can find out is he missed a curfew. Good size and speed at 4.44.
I probably missed some one but hope you find this info interesting. Remember Boise STate plays TCU tonight on Fox at 7:15. Kyle Wilson is on my watch list.
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|