Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-18-2009   #21
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Mock Mock Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Problem is only one of them has turned into a franchise caliber type back and that's Turner.
I think you could say that the guys on the list are above average players . The best year for backs was when Peterson , Johnson , Mendenhall , and Stewart were all first round backs .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So that is where my crystal ball went.
next time Rick stops over be sure to keep an eye on him
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiac is going to insist on having a running game & I agree it is important, then fix the Oline and get a quality back that moves the pile and can punch it in from within the 5yard line. I think Caldwell can settle in at starter for RG. We need a huge upgrade at left guard. Myers will remain the center if Kubes is back and the ZBS is the offense unless we get a center that can call the plays for Oline. We need to draft a starter for these two position in first three rounds. Yeah you might get a player that will eventually start but players go in higher rounds because they are thought to be heads and shoulder above those in later day 2 rounds. You can come up with all sorts of "exceptions", but I don't want to go into next year hoping the medical alert alarm around our power backs neck goes off or hope that guy from Bodunk University may have a Steve Slaton rookie year. Don't worry about reaching for a player. If the guy you want to be a starter is there, draft him. Someone else may like him also and draft him higher than your "later" round. Glenn Coffee?

If it means signing Gerhart or Dwyer with your first do it. I think it goes down easier to give high rookie money to a running back or cover corner drafted in round one than a guard but do it.
Old 12-29-2009   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

My after Christmas mock .

1. Taylor Mays ... if he can't be a FS , he can be the fastest OLB on the planet . Besides if Cushing says he's the real deal ... I'll take him .
2. Dan Williams ... DT ... 6'2 and 330 lbs . Played in the SEC trenches .
3. Ryan Mathews ... 5'11 and 220 lbs . Why ... cause Fresno State owes us .

Round Dan
Old 12-29-2009   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
My after Christmas mock .

1. Taylor Mays ... if he can't be a FS , he can be the fastest OLB on the planet . Besides if Cushing says he's the real deal ... I'll take him .
Think Fresno would send Mr. McNair a few million dollars also?
Old 12-29-2009   #26
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Think Fresno would send Mr. McNair a few million dollars also?
Bob didn't save the receipt .

Round Dan
Old 12-29-2009   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Bob didn't save the receipt .
Doubt that, he uses coupons; no way he does not keep a receipt. He is still trying to find a way to write off David Carr's salary as a loss.
Old 12-30-2009   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

My after Christmas mock part deaux .

1. Mike Iupati ... OG ... the guy is 6'5 340 and moves like he weighs 290 . He plays in the ZBS at Idaho and pulls better than anything we have . He is also strong and could really help the running game which I see as the most pressing issue . He is the offensive version of Haloti Ngata .

Round Dan
Old 12-31-2009   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

1. Mike Iupati ... OG ... the guy is 6'5 340 and moves like he weighs 290 . He plays in the ZBS at Idaho and pulls better than anything we have . He is also strong and could really help the running game which I see as the most pressing issue . He is the offensive version of Haloti Ngata .
I'd be ok with these but we need a CB and a FS that could be strong support guys, if not a starter by mid season.
Old 12-31-2009   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm curious just how you expect the Texans to draft all three or is this option 1a,1b,1c? by the way I love all three
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009   #31
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I'd be ok with these but we need a CB and a FS that could be strong support guys, if not a starter by mid season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'm curious just how you expect the Texans to draft all three or is this option 1a,1b,1c? by the way I love all three
Badboy ... The best CBs and Safetys will be long gone at this point . I think the biggest issue with this team is lack of a running game . It's no mistake that the Texans sent three defenders to the pro bowl . I think they rank 12th in the NFL now and that's after really stinking the first three games .

This is kinda like a fantasy mock . They would be real lucky to get 2 out of the three . I think if Williams has a good combine he'll be long gone because 330 lb guys who can move don't seem to last long . Mike Iupati just looked like a man amongst boys last night and got me thinking about it .

My point of interest in rounds 1 through 3 .

FS/CB ... Mays , Berry , Haden , Ghee
RB ... Spiller , Best , Dixon , Matthews , Scott , Gerhart
G/C ... Mike Iupati
DL ... Mount Cody , Williams .

Round Dan
Old 12-31-2009   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Badboy ... The best CBs and Safetys will be long gone at this point . I think the biggest issue with this team is lack of a running game . It's no mistake that the Texans sent three defenders to the pro bowl . I think they rank 12th in the NFL now and that's after really stinking the first three games .

This is kinda like a fantasy mock . They would be real lucky to get 2 out of the three . I think if Williams has a good combine he'll be long gone because 330 lb guys who can move don't seem to last long . Mike Iupati just looked like a man amongst boys last night and got me thinking about it .

G/C ... Mike Iupati
Off of your list I would try to trade back into the 2nd rd by offering a 2010 3rd and 5th. Plus a 2011 2nd to get another 2nd rd. pick.

Off your list my mock would look like this

Rd.1 Iupati
Rd.2 Ghee
Rd.2 Williams
Rd. 4 Scott (he falls due to injury and slow 40 time at the combine.)
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Off of your list I would try to trade back into the 2nd rd by offering a 2010 3rd and 5th. Plus a 2011 2nd to get another 2nd rd. pick.

Off your list my mock would look like this

Rd.1 Iupati
Rd.2 Ghee
Rd.2 Williams
Rd. 4 Scott (he falls due to injury and slow 40 time at the combine.)
That would address our needs .

Round Dan
Old 12-31-2009   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

G/C ... Mike Iupati
Glad you were not GM last draft when we selected Quin GLover in 4th. If Haden was there in 1st, I'd get him but that prob ain't happening.

Walter Thurmond Oregon 6'0 185 4.45 66 T, 8 break ups 5 INTs
Alterraun Verner UCLA 5'11 179 4.45 73 T, 18 break ups 2 INTs
Kurt Coleman Ohio State 5'11 190 4.43 SS but projects to CB

We have three potential starters on today's roster at corner: Reeves, DR and Quin. This decrease priority for me.
Old 12-31-2009   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

When Dunta leaves does that increase the need for you?

If it does what rd do you look to pick up a CB?

Ghee Lindley in 1/2 rd or Wilson/Verner in rd 3/4 ?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #36
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

My draft tek mock .

1. Mike Iupati G
2. Trevard Lindley CB
3. Evan Royster RB
4. Akwasi Owusu-Paul FS
5. Jason Pierre-Paul DE
6. Malcolm Shepard DT
7. Chris Walker OLB

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-04-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-04-2010   #37
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 126483 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
linky no worky for me...
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #38
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
linky no worky for me...
Ummm ... click home page .

http://drafttek.com/

Round Dan
Old 01-04-2010   #39
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
When Dunta leaves does that increase the need for you?

If it does what rd do you look to pick up a CB?

Ghee Lindley in 1/2 rd or Wilson/Verner in rd 3/4 ?
Excellent question and one Smith needs to address immediately and no game playing. Fans are on his side and if DR needs to go pull the trigger quick. I really think Reeves/ QUin can be the starters, but we have the Bennett melt down on our collective minds. A poster said Bennett had a personal issue leading to problems but he did nothing to recover. If he or Moulds (who?) could step up, I'd take CB off my mock. ALthough I am redoing my mock as things are a bit more settled, I am targeting Wilson Boise State in round three, but that is subject to change. I will offer a thread later on some players I wanted to evaluate last week. May have a surprise comment ot two. For now and picking at 19 or 20, I am looking at a left guard and power back in first two rounds.
Old 01-04-2010   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
My draft tek mock .

1. Mike Iupati G
2. Trevard Lindley CB
3. Evan Royster RB
4. Akwasi Owusu-Paul FS
5. Jason Pierre-Paul DE
6. Malcolm Shepard DT
7. Chris Walker OLB
I am coming around on Iupati in ZBS. Weight should not be a concern for him as he seems pretty health concious. He has quick, good feet and would help our line move the pile. He might end up in my mock regardless if we keep the ZBS. Lindley has good reviews but I've not seen him play. I'll be starting a new thread soon to discuss my eval of corners I watched last week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read