Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-19-2009   #61
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AUSTIN fans: Watch party location for 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
My son and I will be there with my Bronco buddy. I think Hardcore Texan will be there if he gets his honeydo list done. Not sure if Joe will be coming with him or not. Had some good Texan fans there last week.

We will be outside around the bar.

It's also home to the Austin Bears fans (GM is a Bear), and they also cater to the Ravens (as they do for the Texans)...so should be pretty rowdy for the Ravens/Bears game..which that sound will likely be out on the patio part outside, and we should have the sound for the bar area outside.
I will be there with Joe, hope to get there by 11:30 AM this time, not sure yet.

I wonder if DC is going to be make it?
Old 12-21-2009   #62
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Last night I watched the Saints game at Shoal Creek Saloon. It's a large bar with a lot of seating and was packed with rowdy fans wearing Mardi Gras beads and yelling "Who Dat?!"

Sure would be nice to have a comparable gathering like that for Texans fans. Maybe we can make it happen one of these years.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #63
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Last night I watched the Saints game at Shoal Creek Saloon. It's a large bar with a lot of seating and was packed with rowdy fans wearing Mardi Gras beads and yelling "Who Dat?!"

Sure would be nice to have a comparable gathering like that for Texans fans. Maybe we can make it happen one of these years.
I agree, and I have tried since 2002, in fact once we had at least 60 people show up. But over time it just kept getting worse, sometimes it waonly my there, even though I had an email list over 100 that I sent weekly reminders of the event. Good Luck!
Shaol Creek Saloon has always been the Saints home, thats why they have vw bug on the roof painted like a Saints helmet. I hope you tried some of the food, its all good there.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009   #64
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I agree, and I have tried since 2002, in fact once we had at least 60 people show up. But over time it just kept getting worse, sometimes it waonly my there, even though I had an email list over 100 that I sent weekly reminders of the event. Good Luck!
Shaol Creek Saloon has always been the Saints home, thats why they have vw bug on the roof painted like a Saints helmet. I hope you tried some of the food, its all good there.
The food's excellent.

If this economy wasn't so hostile to start up businesses, I would even consider opening up my own Texans bar. VW helmet and all. I know there are enough fans in Austin to make it happen, but they won't congregate. Maybe winning will remedy that.
Old 12-26-2009   #65
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

I just discovered that Posse East near campus has a gathering of Texans fans. I'm going to give it a try this Sunday.
Old 12-27-2009   #66
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Me and my two boys will be up at Pluckers RR for the game, and the enemy (Bronco Boy) will be there too.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #67
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife and my two boys and I will be up at Pluckers RR (outdoor patio) for the game, along with the enemy (Bronco Boy). Come on up for the "regular" season finale.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #68
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea! I'm still alive. Cancer ain't got jack on me! OK. Last reg.season game, with a CHANCE of making post season. Is there anybody gathering for the game, other than way up in RR? Looking for something Mid town or south. This could happen guys, let's not miss it!

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #69
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
My wife and my two boys and I will be up at Pluckers RR (outdoor patio) for the game, along with the enemy (Bronco Boy). Come on up for the "regular" season finale.
Have fun brother, I am keeping it home and watching with the wife.
Old 01-03-2010   #70
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Any chance that IF the Texans get into the playoffs tonight there can be some huge assed Texans Playoff watch party next week that is NOT in Round Rock? Seriously. Anything in Austin or Central Austin we could all meet up at?

WilCo has too many cops on power trips for me and most people I know to ever want to drive to RR and have even 1 beer. I'm paranoid and never drive drunk anyway....but RR....eff Williamson County and the drive to and from RR.

I'm totally down if there is some other place........

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #71
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Any chance that IF the Texans get into the playoffs tonight there can be some huge assed Texans Playoff watch party next week that is NOT in Round Rock? Seriously. Anything in Austin or Central Austin we could all meet up at?

WilCo has too many cops on power trips for me and most people I know to ever want to drive to RR and have even 1 beer. I'm paranoid and never drive drunk anyway....but RR....eff Williamson County and the drive to and from RR.

I'm totally down if there is some other place........

I think the Round Rock people kind of feel the same way about driving out to central Austin.

Taxi cabs for the win.
Old 01-03-2010   #72
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I think the Round Rock people kind of feel the same way about driving out to central Austin.

Taxi cabs for the win.
I'll take Travis Co. cops over WilCo ANY DAY ANY TIME. Their is a HUGE difference. WilCo will pull you over just to do it and see what they get. I'm no cop hater, but that is some BS.

Other than that, of course I can see that people that live north would want to stay north. I also know that there are a ton of Texans fans here down South. I would just assume that the City of Austin proper would have the majority of Texans fans and that it could be a place "in the middle" if you will where we could all come together, take some bar over and enjoy the 1st ever Playoff Texans game.

I personally live in Dripping Springs, so, going into Downtown or Central Austin is no 5 minuute trip for me either.

Like I said, some place in the middle.......If undo able, so be it. Wouldn't think it would be some stretch of the imagination.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #73
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I'll take Travis Co. cops over WilCo ANY DAY ANY TIME. Their is a HUGE difference. WilCo will pull you over just to do it and see what they get. I'm no cop hater, but that is some BS.

Other than that, of course I can see that people that live north would want to stay north. I also know that there are a ton of Texans fans here down South. I would just assume that the City of Austin proper would have the majority of Texans fans and that it could be a place "in the middle" if you will where we could all come together, take some bar over and enjoy the 1st ever Playoff Texans game.

I personally live in Dripping Springs, so, going into Downtown or Central Austin is no 5 minuute trip for me either.

Like I said, some place in the middle.......If undo able, so be it.
as a fellow south austin texans fan i love to meet up somewhere a little closer than rr so if we make it we should really think about putting something together!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read