Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2005   #81
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

really i re-evaluated davis' numbers from the past season and i have to admit i was quite impressed.

302 carries for 1188 yards and 13 touchdowns
68 receptions for 588 yards and 2 touchdowns

total 370 touches for 1776 yards and 15 touchdowns..

for a second year 4th round pick that was considered small and with the absolute horror of our line and fledgeling offense it seems he has thrived. As our team gets better his numbers should improve. If his fumbling problem is over from last year he should have a markedly improved year.

He had a stretch at the start with 5 consecutive games with less than 56 rushing yards (including 1 missed game) over that 5 game stretch he totaled 124 yards. He also had 1 other game where he had less than 56 rushing yards. Needless to say with the improvements and experience of the offense and line he should not go through a stretch like that again, and barring injury should be one of the top backs in the AFC.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005   #82
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
It's not us trading him. It's how RFA worx. If another teams swoops in and offers him a contract that we cannot afford, then he's gone yet we get that teams 1st and 3rd.
It's not really a trade. It just resembles a trade. We have not really seen that here cuz Free Agency started only a couple years B-4 the Spoilers left then we were without a team (or followed the titans) and then since the Texans have been around, none of our RFA's were being sought by other teams.
We can only hope they (Casserky & Crew) sign long term B-4 the season ends. A trip to the ProBowl wouldn't hurt either.

True, however it is very rare that a RFA is signed away when they've been offered any tender. Usually, it only happens with second day picks who are offered the lowest tender.
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005   #83
konyac3

Default newest member

yo!!!!!!!!!!!!! what's up everyone .....i'm the newest member of the world of the TXans.....this is cool.....i'm in ft. worth surrounded by all these cowgirl fans who say they will beat us in the preseason in irving.............B.S..............i'm gonna try to make my way to the (BARN).... i mean texas stadium to piss off everyone in dallas.... i will have my jerzeys..... hatz...... beer koozies....pennants...and everything else blue and red so they put me on t.v. on pourpose......
Old 06-19-2005   #84
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
True, however it is very rare that a RFA is signed away when they've been offered any tender. Usually, it only happens with second day picks who are offered the lowest tender.
Yea, I know. It's just the possibility of it that scares me.
Can anyone tell me if Peek becomes one (RFA) after this season too. I don't think so but I'm not sure.
Old 06-19-2005   #85
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

D.D is not going anywhere, we gave the late round draft pick a chance and he has flourished in our system. He does deserve more money which he will get next season. We wont let him get away from us.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005   #86
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Can anyone tell me if Peek becomes one (RFA) after this season too. I don't think so but I'm not sure.
Unrestricted Free Agents (UFA) - Players with four years or more of NFL experience who can sign with their own team or any other team in the NFL. If they leave their previous team the team that signs them can do so without having to award the previous team compensation.

Restricted Free Agents (RFA) - Players with three years of NFL experience. Like an unrestricted free agent they are free to negotiate with any team however the current team has the right to match any offer and if they do so they retain the rights to the player. Failure to meet the offer means the player is awarded to the new team but the new team must give the old team compensation in the form of draft picks.
http://kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #87
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DD in NFL.com main page

Though this was an intereseting write up for the DD "nay sayers". To those "fans" who still believe that we can have another back to contribute to our offense instead of DD, because you say he isn't productive enough.
DD had more total yards last year than Corey Dillon, Brian Westbrrok, and Ahman Green. All of these backs are well respected by there teams and contribute a lot to their teams success. It would be nice if some of our fans would start to look at him as the same caliber of player.
Old 06-20-2005   #88
mmontgo
Rookie

DD has to stay healthy. if you look at his stats he did not in his first season, but did better in the second....still, he seems to go down through the game and come up limping. I recall a couple times this year he started and did not finish the game.....that is why a guy like Shaun Alexander is so so awesome. He has missed only 5 games in 4 years (I think he has only missed one game in the last three years or so)!

This should be the season to tell us where we are with DD...if he can go 14 or 15 games...then he should have 15 TDS and close to 1300 yards or thereabouts....Still, I will bet that we will still be seeking a another co-RB in 1-2 years regardless of his season. He is not durable, though many are not and in this league that is a major commodity...so RB by committee is the key...ala Denver, Minnesota...etc. I am okay with DD in this role. He is something to watch...but needs a partner when he is coming up limping.

but, Shaun Alexander would have been interesting for the next 2-3 years. He is 27, proven, stays healthy and has a couple more years in him....
mmontgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005   #89
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmontgo
Still, I will bet that we will still be seeking a another co-RB in 1-2 years regardless of his season.
We'll probably always draft a RB in every/every other year in the later rounds cuz Casserly is good @ unearthing those guys who'd be passed on otherwise.
Old 06-20-2005   #90
TheGus
Rookie

Default Proof that Dominick Davis doesn't suck...

4. Running back Domanick Davis of the Houston Texans had more total yards than:
A) Corey Dillon
B) Brian Westbrook
C) Ahman Green
D) Each of them
E) None of them

This is a question off NFL.com and the Answer is D. All of those RBS went to the playoffs.2 to the SB. So can we layoff that Houston needs a new RB. Because from the result of this question Domanick Davis is just fine
Old 06-20-2005   #91
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

And yet...the boards' biggest clown in "TexansneedaRBin05" will disagree with all of us.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read