Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-15-2009   #41
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: As predicted (despite KEYE's denials) KEYE showing Titans over Texans this weeken

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY 4 LIFE View Post
I'm pretty sure that both sides would leave him alone if he'd just admit that he's showing the team that draws the higher ratings.
Bingo.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #42
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: As predicted (despite KEYE's denials) KEYE showing Titans over Texans this weeken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
University of Miami??
Lol.

What is getting DieHard is the same thing that is getting me and probably a lot of us here in LaLa East. If you are told something you know to be wrong combined with the condescending manner with which you are being told it's very irritating.
Old 12-15-2009   #43
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Just got off the phone with Amy Villarreal, station president for KEYE...Says "nothing she can do this close to game time"...She said they decided to go with this game due to Playoff considerations....
I told her that the Texans had just as much of a chance at playoffs as those two teams...She agreed but stuck to her decision saying it was more for the viewing public and not Texans fans! I gave her the normal "you represent Texas and the Texans, and we want to watch the local team not teams thousands of miles away..."
Oh well, Guess I'll be out watching the game!
Anyone south or west wanna hook up?

See, now hat's just a flat-out lie. Plus it further confirms that they have control and can change the games at will (but that was already obvious because they changed it to TEN/MIA and not the CBS game of the week).

At least this time around, Dusty is taking the "just don't even reply" approach. In the past, he's always returned my emails within hours.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-15-2009   #44
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

I know we got FOX to change it this close to game time!!! I seem to remember Gary changing it last year...Amy said "NO they did not do that" and she has been there for 4 years now...
She gave me a consolation of saying that they ARE showing the last two games...I guess Fox has the tacks coverage
Old 12-15-2009   #45
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
I know we got FOX to change it this close to game time!!! I seem to remember Gary changing it last year...Amy said "NO they did not do that" and she has been there for 4 years now...
She gave me a consolation of saying that they ARE showing the last two games...I guess Fox has the tacks coverage
Yet another flat-out lie.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-18-2009   #46
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I guess maybe on Sundays because the beer is full price, but the have a lot of shot specials on Sundays too. The other days of the week they have some pretty good deals. I always get a free 5 PC wings with those cards they give out so I save bucks that way and you can catch good deals at other times. I don't go to may bars so I am not sure how the pricing compares, but the other places I have been in RR it's about the same.
That's where I'll be. Love those 5 wing cards...they come in handy for that prenoon cereza. Don't know about high prices, it's the same every week.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #47
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Another lie.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/

Screw email, I'm calling the *****.
Old 12-18-2009   #48
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 113 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

TOTAL BS!
Here is contact info:

10700 Metric Blvd.
Austin, TX 78758
Main Phone: 512-835-0042
News Hotline: 512-835-0335 or 1-800-5-NEWS-42
Main Fax: 512-837-6753
News Fax: 512-490-2111
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009   #49
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Nah.

We all have our little battles to fight and I'm sorry, KEYE is one of mine. My support for the Texans outweighs my concern for his good mood at work.
I have seen a fair share of people cut because of poor decision making and a changing business model in the TV business.

Ratings are tough to come by and NFL games are their clear winners.

Go fight your battle. But understand what the other side is having to go through to maintain their jobs and having to let people go in the process.

Worrying about complaining Texan fans is probably not high on their list.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009   #50
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

so where are the south or west austin texans fans meeting?
i'm so tired of being treated like a second class citizen because i cheer for the texans! i rather the jerks at keye tell the truth that they only showed the texans because the titans were playing awful i could stomach that better than there's nothing we can do this close to game time POPPYCOCK!!!
Old 12-20-2009   #51
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone up for some game watching at Red's Porch on South Lamar?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #52
patbone21
Rookie

This was inevitable as soon as the titans went back to the longhorn as their starting qb.

Here's hoping the redskins draft mccoy so i won't have to watch the cowboys anymore.
patbone21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #53
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's hoping WE draft Mccoy or Shipley. Especially if UT wins the NCG.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #54
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Here's hoping WE draft Mccoy or Shipley. Especially if UT wins the NCG.
Wont make a difference and that would be a waste of a pick
Old 12-20-2009   #55
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Wont make a difference and that would be a waste of a pick
I don't see how you can say that. Schaub will be nearing the end of his contract and if we can't get to the playoffs with him, it would be nice to have a pretty decent QB that was drafted and had a year to watch and learn.

As for Shipley, he could be a very nice slot receiver for us that also provides the return duties. Our WR are good but they are starting to fall off and not contribute.

BTW,thanks K-Eye for not showing this pathetic game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read