Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-18-2009   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playoff advice, start Roy Williams or Arian Foster?

My other recievers are Colston and Rice. My other rb's are Fred Jackson and Adrian Peterson, so the flex position is either Williams or Foster?

Right now I am leaning toward Foster. But dal vs. no is on tomorrow and I have to pick. If Rice misses because of his injury I am left with Cadillac, Norwood, or Cotchery. Of course if I play Roy no matter what and Rice misses the game, I can play Foster at that point but I am worried about putting all my eggs in Roy's basket, I got to point some serious points. What would you do?
Old 12-18-2009   #2
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoff advice, start Roy Williams or Arian Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
My other recievers are Colston and Rice. My other rb's are Fred Jackson and Adrian Peterson, so the flex position is either Williams or Foster?

Right now I am leaning toward Foster. But dal vs. no is on tomorrow and I have to pick. If Rice misses because of his injury I am left with Cadillac, Norwood, or Cotchery. Of course if I play Roy no matter what and Rice misses the game, I can play Foster at that point but I am worried about putting all my eggs in Roy's basket, I got to point some serious points. What would you do?
I'd go with Foster as the flex...Roy Williams gets his looks but continues to either drop it or not run his routes correctly causing overthrows/INTs...

Sydney Rice is injured?...crap I better change him out then and put Austin in with Welker and Bryant... thanks.
Old 12-18-2009   #3
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

I would pick up kenny britt. Not many people will have him and he has been producing the last few weeks. Hot right now.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

When you draw the Rams, you take 'em. Especially with the flu.

I expect Foster to go nuts. Unless Kubiak outsmarts himself and puts Chris Brown in the wildcat.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #5
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
When you draw the Rams, you take 'em. Especially with the flu.

I expect Foster to go nuts. Unless Kubiak outsmarts himself and puts Chris Brown in the wildcat.
Had a TD in 3 of the last 4 games and did not get one against the rams and he is the Titans leading WR in yards.

If you get return yards he does that too.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I would pick up kenny britt. Not many people will have him and he has been producing the last few weeks. Hot right now.
I've had him all season. He's been better than Santana Moss and Roy Williams. Of course, I can say that about 4 Colts recievers as well.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009   #7
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Id go Foster. I think he goes off on STL leading to a few "We found our Franchise RB!" threads.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2009   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Britt has been unavailable in my leauge for several weeks.
Old 12-19-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I'd go with Foster as the flex...Roy Williams gets his looks but continues to either drop it or not run his routes correctly causing overthrows/INTs...

Sydney Rice is injured?...crap I better change him out then and put Austin in with Welker and Bryant... thanks.
Rice is questionable from an illness:

Quote:
Vikings WR Sidney Rice missed practice for a second straight day Friday as he continued to deal with an illness. Minnesota plays at Carolina in Week 15.
(Updated 12/18/2009).

It doesn't appear as though an illness is a big obstacle for Rice, but it is a situation we will continue to monitor through the weekend. Still prepare to keep Rice active as a No. 1 Fantasy WR. Rice has finally reached his full potential in 2009 playing with veteran QB Brett Favre and has become a go-to-receiver for the Vikings and Fantasy owners. Just be sure to make sure he's active
I bet he ends up playing but they probably won't confirm until tomorrow and I have to decide before tonights game.
Old 12-19-2009   #10
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn me too...do I sit out Rice and put in Austin tonight...then all I have left is two WR slots with Welker, Bryant, and Rice to choose from.
Old 12-19-2009   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

I am thinking about dropping Norwood and grabbing Bo Scaife for this week to play in Keller's place but can't convince myself to do it. Injuries were tough especially at RB, but Roethlisberger, Peterson, Colston, Rice and the Eagles D have did a good job carrying me to 10-4. Losing Owen Daniels was VERY painful. Here's my entire team:

QB
B Roethlisberger
A Smith

RB
A Peterson
F Jackson
A Foster
C Williams
J Norwood

WR
M Colston
S Rice
R E. Williams
J Cotchery

TE
D Keller

K
S Graham

D/ST
Eagles
Old 12-19-2009   #12
MannyFresh
El Capitan

man, that's slim pickens... I gotta to something too...guy I'm against started Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, and I started Addai so now I'm losing 40.70 to 7.30....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read