Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-07-2009   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Mock Mock Here

I'm going to a 3-4 and need a NG .

1. Mount Cody other possibility CB Haden from Florida if we totally stink it up .

2. Brandon Ghee other choice will be Dan Williams if we draft Haden .

3. Toby Gerhart other Anthony Dixon or Charles Scott .

Or one of these .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1OaSHUX9s

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 12-07-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #2
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Mock Mock Here

Mount Cody is being labeled as a 2-down DT in the NFL. I dont like using a 1st rounder on someone who won't be a full time player. Joe Haden is someone I really hope we target
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
Mount Cody is being labeled as a 2-down DT in the NFL. I dont like using a 1st rounder on someone who won't be a full time player. Joe Haden is someone I really hope we target
In my 3-4 , you need a NG .
Old 12-08-2009   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Hold the presses , found new prospects .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxYiV...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44hBA...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znzzO...eature=related

On a serious note .

Quote:
“I’m pretty ticked off about the whole thing. The offensive line is costing this whole team right now, so we got to stop. (Ryan) Mallett’s back there, standing there, getting hit every play and that’s on us. It’s not one player; it’s a reflection of all of us. That’s gotta change. That’s unacceptable. This crap happened last year. It’s gotta stop. You got to make up your mind what you’re going to put into it. Our guys are going to get it right. We got some young guys in there playing. We got (Anthony) Oden in there playing right now, but he’s playing hard. We got to eliminate the mental mistakes.”
http://hogblog.nwaonline.net/2009/09...us-uncensored/

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 12-08-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
If he makes an impact and makes top 10 vs the run, Ill take it.
Old 12-10-2009   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

You better hope your linebackers can impact the QB because Cody will never touch him. Dan Williams on the other hand is 6'2" 327, often takes on two blockers and actually gets into the QB's personal space occasionally. Hope your guy does not explode into a marshmallow. How do you project your defensive line and backers in your 3-4?
Old 12-17-2009   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I highly doubt that Gerhart falls out of the first round. Drafnicks' thoughts on him remind me of when Larry Johnson came out. Johnson was a highly productive back in college (2,000 yards in a season) but was thought to be "too slow" to be a franchise back. This caused him to drop out of the top 10 but he got picked up in the late first round.

I think Gerhart will also be picked in the late 1st round, and I hope its the Texans who end up getting him!!!
Old 12-18-2009   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I highly doubt that Gerhart falls out of the first round. Drafnicks' thoughts on him remind me of when Larry Johnson came out. Johnson was a highly productive back in college (2,000 yards in a season) but was thought to be "too slow" to be a franchise back. This caused him to drop out of the top 10 but he got picked up in the late first round.

I think Gerhart will also be picked in the late 1st round, and I hope its the Texans who end up getting him!!!
I'm hoping Toby does ok at combine then quickly fades from memory of 31 other teams. I think Spiller and Jonathan Dwyer may go ahead of him. I hope so if we draft later. It is still early, but I have him projected to us in 3rd. Hard runners with stats sometimes fall. He has moved up to 3rd on NFLdraftscout.com behind Spiller and Anthony Dixon. This list does not include juniors.
Old 12-18-2009   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

I wouldn't take him in the first two rounds because there's a bunch of good backs in the 3rd and 4th rounds . Besides RBs tend to have a short shelf life .

Here's some backs picked in the 4th rd , one was a 5th .

Le'Ron McClain
Leon Washington
Marion Barber
Tashard Choice
Brandon Jacobs
Darren Sproles
MeWelde Moore
Michael Turner

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...&type=position
Old 12-18-2009   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I wouldn't take him in the first two rounds because there's a bunch of good backs in the 3rd and 4th rounds . Besides RBs tend to have a short shelf life .

Le'Ron McClain
Leon Washington
Marion Barber
Tashard Choice
Brandon Jacobs
Darren Sproles
MeWelde Moore
Michael Turner

I really dislike when people pull out lists like this. There are dozens of busts from these rounds too. Fact is, good players from all positions get drafted in all rounds. Yes you can find quality RB's in the middle of the draft, but you can find quality players at other positions as well. It all depends on who you think fills a need best.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I'm hoping Toby does ok at combine then quickly fades from memory of 31 other teams. I think Spiller and Jonathan Dwyer may go ahead of him. I hope so if we draft later. It is still early, but I have him projected to us in 3rd. Hard runners with stats sometimes fall. He has moved up to 3rd on NFLdraftscout.com behind Spiller and Anthony Dixon. This list does not include juniors.
If Toby runs in the mid 4.5's, I think he will last to the second round. Times between 4.55 and 4.57 get him in the second. If he miraculously runs in the 4.4s, he is a first rounder.

People just see his size and assume he is a straight line back. He has very good agility, he is going to impress at the combine and pro day.
Old 12-18-2009   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I really dislike when people pull out lists like this. There are dozens of busts from these rounds too. Fact is, good players from all positions get drafted in all rounds. Yes you can find quality RB's in the middle of the draft, but you can find quality players at other positions as well. It all depends on who you think fills a need best.
That's true but a RBs value is based so much on his 40 time . He could be really good in college but run a 4.65 and he drops . The thing you can't account for is vision and toughness .
Old 12-18-2009   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
If Toby runs in the mid 4.5's, I think he will last to the second round. Times between 4.55 and 4.57 get him in the second. If he miraculously runs in the 4.4s, he is a first rounder.

People just see his size and assume he is a straight line back. He has very good agility, he is going to impress at the combine and pro day.
I am paying someone to put a pebble in his shoe. I think him going in the first depends more on a team's need that his speed.
Old 12-18-2009   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I am paying someone to put a pebble in his shoe. I think him going in the first depends more on a team's need that his speed.
Old 12-18-2009   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

Le'Ron McClain
Leon Washington
Marion Barber
Tashard Choice
Brandon Jacobs
Darren Sproles
MeWelde Moore
Michael Turner

Why did Smith not draft a running back in 4th or 5th? He had stated that RB was a priority need.
Old 12-18-2009   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Haha, let me know if the guy needs any more funds. I would be willing to cough up some money to get Toby on the team.

I see what you are saying, but I still think speed is a deciding factor. For some teams more than others. That said, I think Gerhart is a first round talent. A team is going to get a huge boost next year, I hope it is the Texans.
Old 12-18-2009   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why did Smith not draft a running back in 4th or 5th? He had stated that RB was a priority need.
he knew that injurys would devastate much vaunted depth @ TE so he needed to double up
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Now thats funny right there.
Old 12-18-2009   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
he knew that injurys would devastate much vaunted depth @ TE so he needed to double up
So that is where my crystal ball went.
Old 12-18-2009   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Le'Ron McClain
Leon Washington
Marion Barber
Tashard Choice
Brandon Jacobs
Darren Sproles
MeWelde Moore
Michael Turner

Problem is only one of them has turned into a franchise caliber type back and that's Turner.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read