Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-15-2009   #21
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McShay's First Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I would love Earl Thomas. The guy plays instinctively and he would be a tremendous addition to our team. But I think he's headed back to UT for one more year if I'm not mistaken.
That was my first impression as well. I thought he was headed back to UT, but I wouldn't complain if we actually chose to address problems in the secondary for once.

I feel for Cleveland this year because they'll be picking high and desperately need help on the offensive side of of the ball, however I don't think aside from takinga QB there is a skill postion player worthy of going that early.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down again this year and try and get into a reasonable range to pick up a guy like Dez Bryant.

I think Taylor Mays helped his cause by returning this year, however I'm not sure I'm still sold on him. Could be special or could be the next Darnell Bing. I hope the Texans stay away from him because we can't afford to spend another 1st draft pick on a boom or bust player.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #22
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I hear that repeated by the sheeple on the net but never heard that last year.
He was surrounded by great players last year.(Cushing, Matthews Maualuga and others) This year he was exposed.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #23
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Id rather have Mays
Old 12-15-2009   #24
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

[/QUOTE=Nawzer;1325252]I would love Earl Thomas. The guy plays instinctively and he would be a tremendous addition to our team. But I think he's headed back to UT for one more year if I'm not mistaken.[/quote]

The last I read, after the Nebraska game, he told the Fort Worth Telegram ( I think) that he went to college to make money and if he a a first round pick that would be more money than anyone in his family had ever seen and there was no way he would pass that up.

• Texas S Earl Thomas (No. 13) said last week that he was returning to Texas for his junior season. This week, he seems to be thinking about the NFL draft. "You come to college to make money and first-round money," Thomas told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I haven't seen that. Nobody in my family has ever seen it. I'm definitely not going to turn it down."

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...name=nfl_draft
Old 12-15-2009   #25
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Earl Thomas and have wanted a top flight Safety for years. However, I just do not know how you pass up on a talent like Dez Bryant.
Old 12-15-2009   #26
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be very happy to have Earl Thomas. He's been coached by one of the best defensive minds in the country and has been a total stud at Texas. I'd like to have a guy that's played at least 3 years though, but he'd probably be worth it.

I just want the Texans to get a safety period. regardless of what it takes. Go get a freaking safety already. I'm so sick of not having one. Great safeties make such a big difference on certain teams. Reed, TP, Dawkins, Sanders, Sharper, and a few others are such difference makers.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #27
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Thomas. He's a lot like Donte Whitner, but with better instincts.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #28
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I like Earl Thomas and have wanted a top flight Safety for years. However, I just do not know how you pass up on a talent like Dez Bryant.
<3 Dez Bryant
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #29
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I love Earl Thomas but I don't know if I can go FS that early. I would probably go Jimmy Clausen to be honest based on what is available to the Texans and where the value is.

I know it sounds crazy at first glance, but he is a talented and cerebral QB that has excellent accuracy and has proven he can burn the blitz. In today's league those are what you need. He would be a steal that late in the draft and would be a good fit if Kubiak keeps his job. He could sit behind Schaub and be our insurance policy in case Schaub gets hurt. It would also give us flexibility and a better bargaining position when its time to re-sign Schaub.

That being said, Clausen isn't going to be there that late in the draft. He is going to start moving up draft boards and could easily be Top5 once the smoke clears. St.Louis, Cleveland, Washington, Carolina, Seattle, San Francisco, and even Jacksonville (Tebow) need new blood at QB. Clausen has a good pedigree and ran a pro style offense in college. he will be very coveted by many front offices and many fanbases.

I also think Jermaine Gresham makes sense if they decide to not reup or RFA Owen Daniels coming off his injury and Spiller is enticing but maybe too early for a Smithiak selection of a Running Back. I like Mays a lot but we already have Pollard as our flexible SS as long as we can retain his services.

The need at FS is pretty obvious though so McShay's selection makes sense, I just think we could add a guy like Robert Johnson out of Utah in the 3rd Round or perhaps even later. Anyways, we all know Earl Thomas isn't going to be taken by Kubiak. Earl Thomas is an UT product and it ain't happening. :wink:

Would love for the Texans to go meat and potatoes but we no one really peeks my interest at that point in the draft.

As long as we address FS and Center in the first 4 rounds, I will be happy. Not that concerned about when they address those positions as long as its relatively early. Also would like for us to bring in some guys that are used to winning and hate losing (see Cushing) Thomas definitely fits that bill.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 12-15-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #30
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'd be good with Earl Thomas in the 1st, but we better go RB in round 2 or 3. The best RB in franchise history is still Domanick Davis. I liked Davis a lot, but I want that to change.
Old 12-15-2009   #31
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'd be good with Earl Thomas in the 1st, but we better go RB in round 2 or 3. The best RB in franchise history is still Domanick Davis. I liked Davis a lot, but I want that to change.
If Jonathan Dwyer is available when we pick in the 2nd, and we haven't taken a RB yet, I would be jumping up in down in front of my TV screen.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I don't know if he will, but watching him over the past few season, he most absolutely deserves to. When everyone was hyping Michael Johnson last year, I was telling them that Johnson wasn't the best DE on his team, and to watch out for Morgan.

Watching him this year, he's reminded in a lot of ways of Dwight Freeney; they have similiar builds and play in eerily similiar ways.

I can't wait to see what he does in the NFL. My only wish is that he gets drafted by an NFC team if the Texans don't have the opportunity to take him.
100% agree. If you havent seen this guy play you missed out. I have him rated 3rd on my Texans big board Behind Suh and Berry. Players on my board are rated by 3 things. Obvioulsy how good they are, how much I think they would help us and how much we need their position. Its still a work in progress and I dont have Earl Thomas listed yet because he hasnt declared. Anyway here it is. Feel free to critique it all you want I wont get my feelings hurt.

Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
Eric Berry FS Tennessee
Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
Joe Haden CB Florida
Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
C.J. Spiller RB Clemson
Rolando McClain LB Alabama
Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech
Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
Brian Bulaga OT Iowa
Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri
Brandon Spikes LB Florida
Ricky Sapp LB Clemson
Navorro Bowman LB Penn State
Jared Odrick DT Penn State
Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
Arthur Jones DT Syracuse
Mike Iupati OG Idaho
Sergio Kindle LB Texas
Taylor Mays FS Southern California
Jerry Hughes DE Texas Christian
Brandon Graham DE Michigan
Toby Gerhart RB Stanford
Ryan Matthews RB Fresno State
Corey Wootton DE Northwestern
Old 12-16-2009   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
100% agree. If you havent seen this guy play you missed out. I have him rated 3rd on my Texans big board Behind Suh and Berry. Players on my board are rated by 3 things. Obvioulsy how good they are, how much I think they would help us and how much we need their position. Its still a work in progress and I dont have Earl Thomas listed yet because he hasnt declared. Anyway here it is. Feel free to critique it all you want I wont get my feelings hurt.

Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
Eric Berry FS Tennessee
Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
Joe Haden CB Florida
Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
C.J. Spiller RB Clemson
Rolando McClain LB Alabama
Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech
Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
Brian Bulaga OT Iowa
Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri
Brandon Spikes LB Florida
Ricky Sapp LB Clemson
Navorro Bowman LB Penn State
Jared Odrick DT Penn State
Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
Arthur Jones DT Syracuse
Mike Iupati OG Idaho
Sergio Kindle LB Texas
Taylor Mays FS Southern California
Jerry Hughes DE Texas Christian
Brandon Graham DE Michigan
Toby Gerhart RB Stanford
Ryan Matthews RB Fresno State
Corey Wootton DE Northwestern
VERY GOOD. highlighted the magnificent 13 (unlikey still on the board when the Texans pick). might just be tempted to take Mays afterall, like Bowman too & he would be a nice complement @ WILL next to DeMeco & Cushing.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #34
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Id rather have Mays
Mays is an Oakland Raiders type. Un-paralleled measurables that don't always translate to the field. I would take him if we traded back, but not at 14. Thomas is a better FS hands down. And I don't like UT at all, so go figure. Mays had the best college LB group ever, since all of those guys are good in the NFL. Two are DROY canidates, for Christ sakes.
Old 12-16-2009   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
VERY GOOD. highlighted the magnificent 13 (unlikey still on the board when the Texans pick). might just be tempted to take Mays afterall, like Bowman too & he would be a nice complement @ WILL next to DeMeco & Cushing.
How do you and Mussop respond to criticism that Dwyer is a "system" player? He certainly runs towards the goal and has had three years of very high avg per attempt. I replaced him on my board with Gerhart as I think Dwyer will go in 2nd before we pick.
Old 12-16-2009   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I love Earl Thomas but I don't know if I can go FS that early. I would probably go Jimmy Clausen to be honest based on what is available to the Texans and where the value is.

I know it sounds crazy at first glance, but he is a talented and cerebral QB that has excellent accuracy and has proven he can burn the blitz. In today's league those are what you need. He would be a steal that late in the draft and would be a good fit if Kubiak keeps his job. He could sit behind Schaub and be our insurance policy in case Schaub gets hurt. It would also give us flexibility and a better bargaining position when its time to re-sign Schaub.

That being said, Clausen isn't going to be there that late in the draft. He is going to start moving up draft boards and could easily be Top5 once the smoke clears. St.Louis, Cleveland, Washington, Carolina, Seattle, San Francisco, and even Jacksonville (Tebow) need new blood at QB. Clausen has a good pedigree and ran a pro style offense in college. he will be very coveted by many front offices and many fanbases.

I also think Jermaine Gresham makes sense if they decide to not reup or RFA Owen Daniels coming off his injury and Spiller is enticing but maybe too early for a Smithiak selection of a Running Back. I like Mays a lot but we already have Pollard as our flexible SS as long as we can retain his services.

The need at FS is pretty obvious though so McShay's selection makes sense, I just think we could add a guy like Robert Johnson out of Utah in the 3rd Round or perhaps even later. Anyways, we all know Earl Thomas isn't going to be taken by Kubiak. Earl Thomas is an UT product and it ain't happening. :wink:

Would love for the Texans to go meat and potatoes but we no one really peeks my interest at that point in the draft.

As long as we address FS and Center in the first 4 rounds, I will be happy. Not that concerned about when they address those positions as long as its relatively early. Also would like for us to bring in some guys that are used to winning and hate losing (see Cushing) Thomas definitely fits that bill.
If Gary is back next season he better draft players that will help him get another contract for 2011. QB, WR and LB should not be on his board no matter what. He better get guys who impact a game. There probably will be no negotiation with Schaub. If team picks up the option, Matt gets the millions. Why should he re-negotiate his deal? I think Orslovky is well thought of and is receiving a pretty healthy pay check.

I do not know why Pollard has not already been offered a contract. If he walks, another positon to fill is created.
Old 12-16-2009   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
If Jonathan Dwyer is available when we pick in the 2nd, and we haven't taken a RB yet, I would be jumping up in down in front of my TV screen.
What is your suggestion to strengthen the oline to block for Dwyer? Do you think Pitts will get a new contract offer as he is a free agent next year?
Old 12-16-2009   #38
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
How do you and Mussop respond to criticism that Dwyer is a "system" player? He certainly runs towards the goal and has had three years of very high avg per attempt. I replaced him on my board with Gerhart as I think Dwyer will go in 2nd before we pick.
Are you familiar with system that Dwyer runs in? If anything, it's a hindrance more than an asset. He's not BJ Symmons throwing for Texas Tech here. He plays fullback in the 3O and runs 99% of his plays straight up the gut.

It's amazing that he gets the numbers he does considering the opporuntities he gets to actually "break one" relative to other prospects.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #39
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Are you familiar with system that Dwyer runs in? If anything, it's a hindrance more than an asset. He's not BJ Symmons throwing for Texas Tech here. He plays fullback in the 3O and runs 99% of his plays straight up the gut.

It's amazing that he gets the numbers he does considering the opporuntities he gets to actually "break one" relative to other prospects.
Your words were my thoughts. When I had him on my board earlier this year, some guys had posted that the system he played in encouraged the huge stats. I see him as a true power back that will get yards between the tackles as well as on an option around the end. No one then supported my view and it is good to hear from you. While #15-17 is high for him, I don't see a trade down scenario and I have pushed for a back like him. I could see him in first round if Haden and Thomas are not there. I do think Gerhart will be available later and he is pretty good also.
Old 12-16-2009   #40
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Your words were my thoughts. When I had him on my board earlier this year, some guys had posted that the system he played in encouraged the huge stats. I see him as a true power back that will get yards between the tackles as well as on an option around the end. No one then supported my view and it is good to hear from you. While #15-17 is high for him, I don't see a trade down scenario and I have pushed for a back like him. I could see him in first round if Haden and Thomas are not there. I do think Gerhart will be available later and he is pretty good also.
The only negative effect of the system that he runs in, IMO, would be the beating he takes from disproportional between-the-tackle runs; he does have a history of nagging injuries, but has been able to play through them for the most part.

He's the best RB in the draft, IMO. Though, I might have a slight bias.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read