Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-06-2005   #21
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah i just wish the season would hurry up and get here, i cant take this much loner
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005   #22
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

I am proud to say this will be my third consecutive season sporting my Peek jersey every sunday. He is going to be an impact player. THe penalties will stop becasue he will be there on the field all the time so the extra excitement will wear off quickly. His only penalties may be a late hit on the QB, but that will just let the QB know he best be getting rid of it early. The injuries he has had are more freakish injuries such as landing on an outstretched arm which would dislocate anyones shoulder if you know something about sports medicine. Turf toe and ankle injuries are part of playing sports. I think he will be fine this season and show what he can do. He will have Double Digit sacks and 50+ tackles and probably an interception.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005   #23
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default Peek Comeback Player Of Ther Year

I think Peek will make a huge impact on the D this year, wounder if TJ gets the start over Payne>>?? what do you all think>>??

GET em PEEK!! (9 Sacks)
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy
wounder if TJ gets the start over Payne>>?? what do you all think>>??
TJ is most likely going to be a back-up for Payne at most. His real play time will come rotating in at DE.
Old 06-06-2005   #25
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I would have liked to see Peek beat out someone but as long as he makes a difference it doesn't matter.
Old 06-06-2005   #26
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
TJ is most likely going to be a back-up for Payne at most. His real play time will come rotating in at DE.

yeah but he is well capable of filling in at every position on the DL. He will see some starting time this year, i have no doubt that payne or walker will miss a few games.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #27
Negative Jesus
Rookie

I'm very happy to see Peek finally get a shot . Hes a playmaker . It seems like everytime he played something good happened . He is my favorite player on Defense by far and my second favorite overall behind AJ .

Superjoint Ritual
Negative Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #28
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Tortoise & the Hare, dude. You made some good points regarding Boulware. But what we don't know is, does Boulware really want to be in Houston? You know the Texans are shedding the expansion label. I know that, as well. But do established vets like Boulware realize that? I think this team has to make its presence felt this season if they're to win over vet FAs without overpaying.
I agree. It will be nice when the Texans start competing for the playoffs and free agents will want to come here without requiring a premium.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #29
outofhnd
All Pro

If we keep drafting like we have in the past we may not need very many FA pickups. I like Peek and am intrigued to see what he can do on an everydown basis. I think he was bad against the run because instead of covering his area he tried to get penetration at the line,which means he vacated his assignment and now the running back has the lane to run where Peek vacated.

Also we have put a premium on speed this year.i think we have gotten younger in faster in a lot of areas of our D where slow movement was a major hinderance. I think we will be greatly improved. And we will get a lot more sacks and forced turnovers.
Old 06-07-2005   #30
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

i like the idea of peek starting on the same side as dunta. even if they run at peek all the time, you know dunta 's gonna lay some guys out in the process.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #31
cadahnic
All Pro

Babin, Wong, Greenwood(questionable), and Peek make up a very athletic linebacking crew. I mean they are not the Broncos crew which is probably the best in the league right now, but they are pretty good. If Greenwood can prove that he can play the run then he will be a decent pickup till we draft A.J. Hawk or Chad Greenway. Wong is likely done in Houston this year due to the amount of money we will have to pay next year, but we should have it after getting rid of Walker and Banks and some other wasted space. Babin and Peek should combine for at least 16+ sacks this year(I am a realist) so that is a big upgrade. TJ(will be starting by game 4 over Walker) and Robaire will be monsters on the line if Payne can stay healthy. Our secondary is young and fast, even though we could have done a little more in the Safety depth area. Bottom Line we are a mid-tier team and not yet ready to make the jump to upper-tier. We have a couple to many question marks and we need big years from all of those question marks just to make the playoffs.

Hey GO DAVE RAGONE and BERLIN THUNDER!!!!
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #32
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Texans | Peek Has Plenty of Motivation
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:27:36 -0700 - KFFL

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans LB Antwan Peek will be entering training camp with the starting outside linebacker job as his to lose. While many of his teammates will return home over the six-week break prior to training camp, Peek doesn't plan on venturing far from Reliant Stadium. "This is an important month-and-a-half for me, the most important of my career," Peek said. "I think I'm going to stay back (here) and continue to work and get ready for the season."
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read