Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-10-2009   #21
theanswer000
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 theanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Wolf6151 latest 2010 mock draft/Offseason plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Brown LT, Iupati LG, Thomas Austin C, Caldwell RG and WInston RT with Gerhart running behind, Hmm. Could probably still get a decent corner in 4th even if Wilson or Murphy gone.
Kyle Wilson is going to be a late first round or early second round pick. He runs a 4.36 all of his combine results are ridiculous. That was all when he was a junior.
theanswer000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what I see in the YouTube videos of Kyle Wilson but unfortunately there's alot more to being a great CB than just speed. Yes speed is very important but route recognition, recovery speed/quickness, taking the proper angles, and being able to read the play are all just as important. I was very impressed with the fact that Wilson is on the deans list, meaning his very intelligent as well. That's a rare commodity for football players.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #23
theanswer000
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 theanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden cover

Yeah I liked that about him also. I wouldnt see us wasting a pick with him if we take him at 22. Haden wherever we pick should be our main goal if he is not available, We should take Wilson. Speed kills in the NFL but you are right about covering skills and adjusting to certain situations. I wouldnt expect him to be covering like D Revis his first year haha.
Old 12-11-2009   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswer000 View Post
Kyle Wilson is going to be a late first round or early second round pick. He runs a 4.36 all of his combine results are ridiculous. That was all when he was a junior.
I don't disagree with your points, however on another thread a poster told me he was all speed and no skills. Basically a punt returner. WalterFootball.com has him in 2nd round after Perrish Cox. I will probably start looking for another CB. Many think Haden will be gone top 10-12.
Old 12-11-2009   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I like what I see in the YouTube videos of Kyle Wilson but unfortunately there's alot more to being a great CB than just speed. Yes speed is very important but route recognition, recovery speed/quickness, taking the proper angles, and being able to read the play are all just as important. I was very impressed with the fact that Wilson is on the deans list, meaning his very intelligent as well. That's a rare commodity for football players.
Evaluate Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma State 6' 198 lbs and 4.44; Kyle Wilson Boise State 5'10" 186 4.42 and Jerome Murphy South Florida 6'1" 185 and 4.48. I have seen the first two play but can find anything on Murphy except NFLDraftScout.com. If Haden is gone, I have to re-think. If Kubes is here in ZBS I like Asamoah OG in 2nd as he is 6'4" 315 strong with bull rushes and excellent with traps & blocks. I can see him in both ZBS or smash blocking straight ahead offense which is what I prefer.
Old 12-11-2009   #26
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Evaluate Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma State 6' 198 lbs and 4.44; Kyle Wilson Boise State 5'10" 186 4.42 and Jerome Murphy South Florida 6'1" 185 and 4.48. I have seen the first two play but can find anything on Murphy except NFLDraftScout.com. If Haden is gone, I have to re-think. If Kubes is here in ZBS I like Asamoah OG in 2nd as he is 6'4" 315 strong with bull rushes and excellent with traps & blocks. I can see him in both ZBS or smash blocking straight ahead offense which is what I prefer.
I think the Texans could end up trading up in the draft and I still want Kyle Wilson.
Old 12-11-2009   #27
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Perrish Cox will be a good CB in the NFL. Mark it down.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I think the Texans could end up trading up in the draft and I still want Kyle Wilson.
Man, you are going to have to 'splain that trade up? Let's say we select at #15. Who above that is going to be the guy that puts you into the play off later rounds? Just getting to first level is not enough. Plus you have to give up at least a 2nd and third this year to go up more than a few spots.

Suh: probably a top 3 player and would cost a whole lot more including at least a first next season.
Eric Berry: top 10 guy but does he really change the W column that many games?
Haden: Same as Berry.
QB: are any of them better than Schaub behind that line?
RB: I don't see any projected ahead of Texans pick.

Sorry, can't buy a trade up.
Old 12-11-2009   #29
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 126281 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Wilson is rated a second round pick right now and not someone the Texans would likely pick even then...too short.
Brain Cushing

Last edited by JB; 12-11-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Wilson is rated a second round pick right now and not someone the Texans would likely pick even then...too short.
Dunta 5'10"; AJ Davis 5'10" and McClain 5'9" and that's on just our team.
Old 12-11-2009   #31
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess I worded it wrong. I think the Texans need to trade up if there isnt a player that they need right when they pick. I would like Kyle Wilson and I have stated before in other threads that he could be picked up by the Texans in the 2nd - 3rd round.
Old 12-11-2009   #32
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 126281 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dunta 5'10"; AJ Davis 5'10" and McClain 5'9" and that's on just our team.
Yes but the current regime did not pick Dunta, did not pick McCain until the sixth round. And Davis was a street free agent wasn't he?

I just meant that I do not think the Texans would pick Wilson even in the second or third round because of his size limitations. 5'9 1/2"
Brain Cushing
Old 12-11-2009   #33
theanswer000
Rookie

Kyle Wilson is 5"11 which is already taller than most of them besides Glover I think. I want us to get him but I would not want to get him if we are sitting at pick 15 unless we trade down. But crazier things have happened. I would not be that surprised if we took him first.
Old 12-12-2009   #34
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswer000 View Post
Kyle Wilson is 5"11 which is already taller than most of them besides Glover I think. I want us to get him but I would not want to get him if we are sitting at pick 15 unless we trade down. But crazier things have happened. I would not be that surprised if we took him first.
sorry

http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArti...&ATCLID=521849

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...layer?id=25426
Brain Cushing
Old 12-12-2009   #35
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

what is the one characteristic we love about Glover Quinn? physical play, that is not Wilson. I would like the Texans to continue pathway to becoming more physical, on both sides. Quinn & Cushing are excellent starters, lets not "drop the ball" now
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #36
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
what is the one characteristic we love about Glover Quinn? physical play, that is not Wilson. I would like the Texans to continue pathway to becoming more physical, on both sides. Quinn & Cushing are excellent starters, lets not "drop the ball" now
That is true. But it hard to find quality CB's that physically.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
That is true. But it hard to find quality CB's that physically.
I have the perfect solution. draft Earl Thomas. along with Pollard this provides improved support to the CB's already on roster while intensifying the overall physcial play of secondary.

should note: he has declared himself coming back for his Junior season, but has until January 15th to change his mind.

Last edited by beerlover; 12-12-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2009   #38
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
I have the perfect solution. draft Earl Thomas. along with Pollard this provides improved support to the CB's already on roster while intensifying the overall physcial play of secondary.
I like that solution. And draft best available CB in second and Gerhart in third.
Brain Cushing
Old 12-12-2009   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
I like that solution. And draft best available CB in second and Gerhart in third.
I have not really gone over the draft needs of other teams but I beleive the Washington Redskins will make a strong push to draft Gerhart in the 2nd rd. (John Riggens clone) which is before Houston selects, so making it to the Texans 3rd rd. pick unlikely
Old 12-12-2009   #40
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
I have not really gone over the draft needs of other teams but I beleive the Washington Redskins will make a strong push to draft Gerhart in the 2nd rd. (John Riggens clone) which is before Houston selects, so making it to the Texans 3rd rd. pick unlikely
Yeah, but I can dream!
Brain Cushing

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read