Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-11-2009   #61
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My December mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
The trade I have discussed before was DR and others(Okoye, Okam & another I think) to Oakland for Aso and a nose tackle. Davis would get a younger CB for less $ and Okam to replace the aging NT and Okoye to add a possible lineman on the up. In that trade, DR would get most of his money and agree to the deal. Having said that, DR might be worth a 3rd to Raiders. JJ has shown recently to be more than a return guy. He has done well as a WR. What he can not do is get to work on time. And by the way didn't we give a 2nd for him? How many KR do have we had on this team who did little for us?
Rick Smith - Hey yo Al! I would like to trade you my pile of turds for your diamonds!

Al - Hey yo Rick! I know you crazy, and I'ma let you finish, but that would be the worst trade of all time!

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #62
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

salary cap still. Teams trading their players have to accelerate the cost of the contract bonus pay into the trade year.

No way the Raiders touch Dunta...they like elite speed and really, they have the best CB in the NFL right now. They don't need a slot CB for elite money.

Jones can't even get more time than David Anderson. You are way overvaluing your talent. Ok0ye has no trade value and 0kman has less.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #63
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Rick Smith - Hey yo Al! I would like to trade you my pile of turds for your diamonds!

Al - Hey yo Rick! I know you crazy, and I'ma let you finish, but that would be the worst trade of all time!
lol

Old 12-11-2009   #64
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This was suggested after it was noted that Davis had said he had a small select group (unidentified) he would offer up for bid. Remember your "turds" are starting and /or playing a lot of plays.
Old 12-11-2009   #65
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
This was suggested after it was noted that Davis had said he had a small select group (unidentified) he would offer up for bid. Remember your "turds" are starting and /or playing a lot of plays.
hence the 5-7 record

Old 12-11-2009   #66
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
salary cap still. Teams trading their players have to accelerate the cost of the contract bonus pay into the trade year.

No way the Raiders touch Dunta...they like elite speed and really, they have the best CB in the NFL right now. They don't need a slot CB for elite money.

Jones can't even get more time than David Anderson. You are way overvaluing your talent. Ok0ye has no trade value and 0kman has less.
until JJ missed the meeting and told to stay home he was much more effective than Anderson. JJ had two TDs I think as a WR + his returns that Davis does not. You might like Davis better but I don't. Not arguing about DR versus Asomugha. The proposal I made was several weeks ago and the idea was set forth by a Raider fan that Davis was willing to cut loose almost anyone. As you recall back then the MB was roiling with pro cons on how good DR was.

Back to the point I agree that we might be able to trade some players for draft picks. Do you agree?
Old 12-11-2009   #67
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
until JJ missed the meeting and told to stay home he was much more effective than Anderson. JJ had two TDs I think as a WR + his returns that Davis does not. You might like Davis better but I don't. Not arguing about DR versus Asomugha. The proposal I made was several weeks ago and the idea was set forth by a Raider fan that Davis was willing to cut loose almost anyone. As you recall back then the MB was roiling with pro cons on how good DR was.

Back to the point I agree that we might be able to trade some players for draft picks. Do you agree?
Neither Davis or JJ have any trade value, but obviously Al didn't have a garage sale and I'm sure if he did, he wouldn't trade for guys like Davis (not with a team when we signed him) when he could just sign a guy like him in the off season. Davis and JJ are just role players...return men. Neither have proven they can start in the league.

Old 12-11-2009   #68
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
hence the 5-7 record
Really? How many TDs has Dunta given up? Damn, I hate to be defending the guy. Okoye is part of a Dline that has greatly reduced the run. Don't start talking about whether he has been a bust, I am just talking about this season after Bush seemingly turned the D around. I don't know how much Okoye had to do with it but I don't remember many long runs against him. Maybe Jones in Jags game but I don't remember.
Old 12-11-2009   #69
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Neither Davis or JJ have any trade value, but obviously Al didn't have a garage sale and I'm sure if he did, he wouldn't trade for guys like Davis (not with a team when we signed him) when he could just sign a guy like him in the off season. Davis and JJ are just role players...return men. Neither have proven they can start in the league.
You don't have to be a starter to be worth a draft pick.
Old 12-11-2009   #70
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Really? How many TDs has Dunta given up? Damn, I hate to be defending the guy. Okoye is part of a Dline that has greatly reduced the run. Don't start talking about whether he has been a bust, I am just talking about this season after Bush seemingly turned the D around. I don't know how much Okoye had to do with it but I don't remember many long runs against him. Maybe Jones in Jags game but I don't remember.
you totally overvalue ok0ye. He has zero trade worth....if you get anything it would be a TJ like haul.

Old 12-11-2009   #71
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

speaking of "pile of turds" who was it that struck the deal which brought P-Burn to Houston & what about those turds we could have drafted instead?

In 05 Oakland used the 2nd (#47) in another trade. Dan Cody who the Texans picked up in free agency was selected #53.

Moats was selected by Philly one pick before Houston/Oakland in 3rd. #77 while Vernand Morency (pick aquired via Dallas for Drew Henson) left town for Wisconsin never to be heard from again after some short lived success.

don't know what I'm trying to say but in around about way Texans wound up with something similar despite the trade so you just never know
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #72
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
You don't have to be a starter to be worth a draft pick.
You sound like those kids who play madden all the time.

Old 12-11-2009   #73
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
You sound like those kids who play madden all the time.
And you sound like a guy so down on his team, you exaggerate the negatives. And thanks for comparing me to a kid. I like that.
Old 12-11-2009   #74
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
And you sound like a guy so down on his team, you exaggerate the negatives. And thanks for comparing me to a kid. I like that.
hey, if the shoe fits.

Old 12-11-2009   #75
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
hey, if the shoe fits.
I try to go barefoot at work but the co-workers keep complaining.
Old 12-11-2009   #76
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

On a side note can anyone tell me what happened to most of Denvers O-line? I was trying to see who maybe the Texans could try and get off their squad, but almost every OL on there has only been on the team this year. I would also like to see what Brett Helms and Foster have to offer since Kubiak is getting another year.

Last edited by LonerATO; 12-11-2009 at 04:17 PM.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #77
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really? How many TDs has Dunta given up? Damn, I hate to be defending the guy.
3 TDs

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read