Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-15-2005   #21
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Why does everyone want coverage then complain when they get some? It's JUNE!!!!! This is the time when teams experiment and look at their teams in different manners before they go to training camp in a couple of months. I browse tons of NFL boards to compare what we are doing as opposed to other NFL teams and collectively we don't seem to grasp what month this is. Just figured I'd throw that out there to everyone panicking about every little sentence released from the coaching sessions.
Kinda funny how you can post an It's June!!!!! thread and it has a 2nd page going.
Old 06-15-2005   #22
Davis37
All Pro

You know that someone is gonna post something in here that people can argue about, and its going to end up like 6 pages long...
Old 06-15-2005   #23
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

YOU want to KNOW what month it is.......well YOU can't handle what month it is! LOL

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #24
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

What is this "anybody but who we have now" thinking?

I ask that since I thought the Texans should have won at least two games under the "any given Sunday clause" that they lost (Indy at home and Cleveland anywhere) and a prudent front office would have been pretty happy to make sure to maintain the momentum of a 9 and 7 record.

This does not mean dismantling the offensive line...
Old 06-15-2005   #25
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Here Vambo .. spell "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" ..lol
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #26
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo, the Marble Eye
What is this "anybody but who we have now" thinking?

I ask that since I thought the Texans should have won at least two games under the "any given Sunday clause" that they lost (Indy at home and Cleveland anywhere) and a prudent front office would have been pretty happy to make sure to maintain the momentum of a 9 and 7 record.

This does not mean dismantling the offensive line...
Well it goes both ways. I thought we should have lost 2 games we won. KC, and Tenn at home, on any given sunday.

That would give us a 5-11. Would that call for dismantling the offensive line?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Well it goes both ways. I thought we should have lost 2 games we won. KC, and Tenn at home, on any given sunday.

That would give us a 5-11. Would that call for dismantling the offensive line?
Not that this really goes to your main point at all--I'll give you KC, but how "should" we have lost the Tenn at home game? Yeah, they pulled to an early lead, but that is why it is called an early lead because there is a lot of the game left. After mid 2nd quarter, that game was all Houston.
Old 06-15-2005   #28
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, in theory, there were several games we "should have won"...looking into last year at the beginning. Who would have thought we would have lost to San Diego or Detroit...not I. It just goes to show the improvement on a year by year basis that these teams are making. Hopefully this year we will be 9-7 or 10-6. I would be happy with that progression.....really happy. I just want us to whip up on Jacksonville again. The funny thing is on their boards they don't consider us a "rival" yet but they have a thread going about what there worst loss was last year and ours is the answer the majority of the time.
Old 06-15-2005   #29
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

isn't june/july/august the official "play madden or go insane" time? i know it has been for me since 2001...

I'm with ya brother. You sound as compulsive with Madden as I am. I spent 2 days just naming the rookie class that I uploaded from NCAA. I didn't controll all 32 teams though... I guess it's time for me to take the NEXT step.
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #30
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari
It's JUNE People! JUNE is a good month....
...for me to poop on!!!!
Old 06-15-2005   #31
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
isn't june/july/august the official "play madden or go insane" time? i know it has been for me since 2001...

I'm with ya brother. You sound as compulsive with Madden as I am. I spent 2 days just naming the rookie class that I uploaded from NCAA. I didn't controll all 32 teams though... I guess it's time for me to take the NEXT step.
I am the same way, my fiancee' says I'm a little "too" into Madden, I say I just want it to be realistic. Hey, something has to get us from Feb to Aug, am I right?
Old 06-15-2005   #32
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

Default diamonds

If you want some news.......think about the guys fighting to make the team....(ie Preston Parsons, Sloan Thomas)
hellojohnnyboi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read