Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 299017 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Game Day Tread - Texans vs. Jags - 12/6/09

Here we go. The December finals are starting.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game Day Tread - Texans vs. Jags - 12/6/09

Gotta win em all
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 299017 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

For what it's worth, and despite my negative posts elsewhere, it would be really nice to see this team finish 10-6 whether they make the playoffs or not. I would like to see this team with a winning record for once.

the Jags!

Old 12-06-2009   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Go Texans!

i see us whipping a$$ or folding like a cheap tent. One of the two. Kubes job depends on us accomplishing the first one.
Old 12-06-2009   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

just watched the first half of the colts game so i cant see us losing lol!

gus jjjjjjjjjjjooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnn nnsssssssssssssssssooooonnnnnnnn is calling the game and we have good games and usually win when he does so im cautiously optimistic
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Jup, lets grab this one
Old 12-06-2009   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

No Slaton and Jacoby on offense. No Glover Quinn on defense.

We're gonna need KW to step up like he usually does when we play Jacksonville. Need AJ to have a monster game, he's certainly due for a huge game with Jags top CB Rashean Mathis being out. I'd like to see Andre Davis be the deep-threat we remember from 07 on offense, or at least pull a repeat of the Jags game where he got back to back KR tds...

Don't even get me started on the running game... I just hope Kubiak lets Moats out of the doghouse so we have SOME big play ability back there!!!

I'm confident that Reeves can step right back into the starting role. Losing GQ will hurt the most when we're in nickel and MJD takes the ball outside.
Old 12-06-2009   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got that sick to my stomach feeling about this one. We're down three big contributors on the road and we've already lost to them at HOME this year.

God I hope we show up for both halves this week.
Old 12-06-2009   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not even gonna get my hopes up for this one, I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #10
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 71836 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I'm not even gonna get my hopes up for this one, I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens.
My attitude also.

-How are the Texans 2.5 point favorites?
-The last five years at least one team with a losing record after week 11 has made the playoffs

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

All I want to see is the Texans with a winning record at the end of the season. I'm really getting tired of this 8-8 stuff.

Old 12-06-2009   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
-How are the Texans 2.5 point favorites?
Vegas keeps raising the line to get people to bet on the Jags.
Old 12-06-2009   #13
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

5 minutes away from AllTel. Sporting my new Cushing jersey. Its ON!
Old 12-06-2009   #14
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubes' job is on the line this afternoon. Hopefully we can go out and play a smart game. I'm sick of false starts by our O-Line!
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Alright Thorn - this one is on you for starting the GDT. Good luck.

I kinda have the "meh" attitude today (maybe it's the coaching and team philosophy rubbing off on me). Perhaps I'll get into this game for a half and hope it's enough to see a win.

I would like to see 10-6 though and a full game of effort.

Play 60, Texans.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #16
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I've got that sick to my stomach feeling about this one. We're down three big contributors on the road and we've already lost to them at HOME this year.

God I hope we show up for both halves this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post

I kinda have the "meh" attitude today (maybe it's the coaching and team philosophy rubbing off on me). Perhaps I'll get into this game for a half and hope it's enough to see a win.

I would like to see 10-6 though and a full game of effort.

Play 60, Texans.
If we did it would be the first time all season we have done that. Sadly this is week 13 and not week 2.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #17
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

These folks aint as friendly as we are to opposing fans
Old 12-06-2009   #18
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Exactly.

I'm sure that the Fair Weather Brigade and or Fandom Police will be out to get me for saying this. But, I'm luke warm about this game.

They need to win 5 in a row and realistically will not be enough to get into the playoffs anyway unless other teams collapse.

But, it all starts with a W so let's go Texans!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Well, I'm going to set a precedent today by doing two things I haven't done before. One, start this thread. Two, I'm not cooking anything today. I'm going to go get a boatload of to-go food at a Chinese buffet and eat off that the rest of the day.

I'm going to look forward to a Texans win and a bunch of sweet and sour pork.

Old 12-06-2009   #20
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

My faith in making the playoffs would go a long way if we win this game.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read