Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-04-2009   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My December mock

After much research and careful plotting er thinking I do the following this off season regardless of play or record.

Dunta Robinson, thanks for the minimal memories and frequent "ahs" over your hitting and groans at your lack of coverage skills. You are gone.

OD: I like your play despite your disagreement with $ offered. If you heal enough that I think you can play (see DR two years ago) I will again offer you a very lucrative deal with emphasis on incentatives first year and back loaded to protect team in case you lose your edge. A pretty healthy bonus which you earned by your pro bowl play before your injury. If you hesitate, you get the tag. Injuries go either way and I can't wait two seasons for you to ramp up ala DR. Let's make this work.

Glover Quin: You are now my starting FS. Shut up Gary & play the kid. When you drafted him for CB he was rated as nation's 7th best FS by NFL Draft Scout.

DTackle: I think we will be ok with what we have but will sign a FA.

Drafting at #15

1. CB Joe Haden starts day one & replaces DR. May be gone, if so I select U.T. free safety Thomas who will be insane to remain for senior. I move Quinn to CB. If no Thomas, Wilson is starting FS, I make the fans mad by moving Asamoah up and picking CB Perrish Cox in 2nd.

2. LG Jon Asamoah replaces Studdard and with Brown secures left side for years.

3. RB Toby Gerhart does not get invite to Heisman and as months have passed since his last game, he drops. Combine pushes him up briefly, but he falls in draft. Gary, the old any back can get a 1,000 does not fly and Slaton's 08 season was an aberration as he should not be the featured back. Let him have a lengthy career doing what he was drafted for. He will make you some money.

4. CB Kyle Wilson this speedster 4.42 should win starting role over Quin if we did not get Haden, moving Glover to FS. As a punt return man, Wilson led nation on TD returns. Jacoby concentrates on WR. Even if we have Haden or Cox, Wilson is our nickle.

5. C/G/T Thomas Austin drops because of other guards and centers taken ahead of him. Those teams are wrong. Better prospect than Caldwell was and should replace Myers as soon as Kube's feels ok with his play calling. Myers and Brisiel are back ups and Pitts is a goner. Mel Kiper rates Wilson as best 2010 center in draft.

6A. ILB Von Miller yeah locals know him but few others. 17 QB sacks 43 tackles (2009) 6'3" 240. Even if he goes higher, no loss and I like Baylor's OLB Joe Pawelek. Only 2.5 sacks but 109 tackles and 1 INT. I am okay with our current LBs but these are quality buys here. If I get Miller, I might just take Joe P. with 2nd sixth (Travis Johnson is crapping all over a move up to 5th with 9 tackles so far) anyways 'cause I'm greedy.
6B if necessary FS/CB Robert Johnson Utah 6'2" 4.52 2008 4 INTS 2009 5 INTS
7. BPA

The above is based on a 4-3 and Kubes coaching. If NE swaps and gives a 2nd or two seconds for our first: Asamoah, Gerhart, Perrish Cox and follow with Morgan Burnett FS in 3rd.
Old 12-04-2009   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My December mock

I could go on board with this. If Gerhart makes it to the third, I think its chancy right now. Depends on the combine, pro days, and the all-star games, but I would be ecstatic if he dropped that far. Your guys are good though, this would get an A+ from me. I like the Austin pick, he is my second center after Walton from Baylor.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like this draft, it mirrors one I've been working on pretty closely, with the exception of Kyle Wilson. I really like Wilson, he'll be a steal in the 3rd or later, but I don't think he'll be available in the 4th round, he'll most likely go in the 2nd or early 3rd.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice mock.
Old 12-04-2009   #5
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
After much research and careful plotting er thinking I do the following this off season regardless of play or record.

Dunta Robinson, thanks for the minimal memories and frequent "ahs" over your hitting and groans at your lack of coverage skills. You are gone.

OD: I like your play despite your disagreement with $ offered. If you heal enough that I think you can play (see DR two years ago) I will again offer you a very lucrative deal with emphasis on incentatives first year and back loaded to protect team in case you lose your edge. A pretty healthy bonus which you earned by your pro bowl play before your injury. If you hesitate, you get the tag. Injuries go either way and I can't wait two seasons for you to ramp up ala DR. Let's make this work.

Glover Quin: You are now my starting FS. Shut up Gary & play the kid. When you drafted him for CB he was rated as nation's 7th best FS by NFL Draft Scout.

DTackle: I think we will be ok with what we have but will sign a FA.

Drafting at #15

1. CB Joe Haden starts day one & replaces DR. May be gone, if so I select U.T. free safety Thomas who will be insane to remain for senior. I move Quinn to CB. If no Thomas, Wilson is starting FS, I make the fans mad by moving Asamoah up and picking CB Perrish Cox in 2nd.

2. LG Jon Asamoah replaces Studdard and with Brown secures left side for years.

3. RB Toby Gerhart does not get invite to Heisman and as months have passed since his last game, he drops. Combine pushes him up briefly, but he falls in draft. Gary, the old any back can get a 1,000 does not fly and Slaton's 08 season was an aberration as he should not be the featured back. Let him have a lengthy career doing what he was drafted for. He will make you some money.

4. CB Kyle Wilson this speedster 4.42 should win starting role over Quin if we did not get Haden, moving Glover to FS. As a punt return man, Wilson led nation on TD returns. Jacoby concentrates on WR. Even if we have Haden or Cox, Wilson is our nickle.

5. C/G/T Thomas Austin drops because of other guards and centers taken ahead of him. Those teams are wrong. Better prospect than Caldwell was and should replace Myers as soon as Kube's feels ok with his play calling. Myers and Brisiel are back ups and Pitts is a goner. Mel Kiper rates Wilson as best 2010 center in draft.

6A. ILB Von Miller yeah locals know him but few others. 17 QB sacks 43 tackles (2009) 6'3" 240. Even if he goes higher, no loss and I like Baylor's OLB Joe Pawelek. Only 2.5 sacks but 109 tackles and 1 INT. I am okay with our current LBs but these are quality buys here. If I get Miller, I might just take Joe P. with 2nd sixth (Travis Johnson is crapping all over a move up to 5th with 9 tackles so far) anyways 'cause I'm greedy.
6B if necessary FS/CB Robert Johnson Utah 6'2" 4.52 2008 4 INTS 2009 5 INTS
7. BPA

The above is based on a 4-3 and Kubes coaching. If NE swaps and gives a 2nd or two seconds for our first: Asamoah, Gerhart, Perrish Cox and follow with Morgan Burnett FS in 3rd.
I have been talking up Wilson this whole year and think that the Texans can get him in the 2nd - 3rd, but as far as Earl Thomas he has said he is staying. I dont see Von Mille going passed the 2nd round, as he will be one of the top DE/OLB guys on the board and there are a lot more 3-4 teams this year. I like your 2nd round pick at OG and 5th round picking being BPA DT/OL. I dont see NE going back into the 1st round for the a 2nd first round pick. Hell NE has made a living off trading into the 2nd round to get great talent at a lesser price.
Old 12-05-2009   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

great mock if it happens, but honestly not realistic & paints best possible scenero every round, it is fun to dream however
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not sure I would draft a Guard in the second round. It seems like the guard positoin has become a position that can be filled later. Sergio Rendar is the only guy that I have seen so far that I would consider taking befor the 3rd round. The 2009 Draft was complete lunacy when it came down to the OG position. Guys like Duke Robinson, the best OG on most boards, and Herman Johnson weren't drafted until well into Round 5. While big guys arent wanted
at the position in our current scheme it still looks like there will be talent available with quickness and strength at the position late in the draft. At any event, the top talent at the guard position should be even better for 2010's draft.
Old 12-05-2009   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
great mock if it happens, but honestly not realistic & paints best possible scenero every round, it is fun to dream however
Yep

Let him dream,

Dreaming cant hurt
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see what the old Draft Tek says .

http://www.drafttek.com/round12010.asp
Old 12-05-2009   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Let's see what the old Draft Tek says .

http://www.drafttek.com/round12010.asp
The first two rounds they have us taking Bandon Spikes ILB, FLorida and Trevard Lindley CB, Kentucky. This would be the kind of move you would make if you were switching to a 3-4. Spikes would be a good compliment to Meco in the middle and Cush and Barwin would be your OLBs. Mario would shift to LE. Of course with a 3-4 you would need to have a big NT (like a Casey Hampton) and may need to slide Smith to RE or find a journeyman RE to compliment.

Lindley is a bump and run man to man corner. He would be horrible in Zone. So, he could be a DR replacement.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Lindley is a bump and run man to man corner. He would be horrible in Zone. So, he could be a DR replacement.
Just curious, where do you come up with these conclusions? Do you watch these players and decide on your own or do you just regurgitate what you have read elsewhere? Not being a smart ass just wondering. I just dont know how you can say he would be horrible in a zone just by watching him a few times a year on TV.
Old 12-05-2009   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Just curious, where do you come up with these conclusions? Do you watch these players and decide on your own or do you just regurgitate what you have read elsewhere? Not being a smart ass just wondering. I just dont know how you can say he would be horrible in a zone just by watching him a few times a year on TV.
I cant speak for him or anyone else, but I normally watch 3 to 4 games as well as read up about players. To put it simply, I dont have enough time to watch every player every game. As it is, I watch more football than I probably should. But I feel that by watching a decent amount and reading multiple sources I get a fairly accurate opinion.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #13
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

mocks are fun but at the end of the day they are based on opinion
an example is i like the nose tackle cody from alabama a lot people dont so my mock would reflect my opinion that cody is a good nt
Old 12-05-2009   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At the beginning of each college football season, I zero in on a group of prospects that I think are worth watching. I then figure out the teams they play for, the teams they play against and make sure I watch them in at least 3 games each. In addition I do a lot of research on 40 times and the ol football smell test.

The nice thing about watching major conference play is you get to see multiple prospects in a game. Take a Bama-Florida game. Think how many players you will get to see there. So, really if you do your homework and plan ahead of time, you can see all the players you want without a ton of investment time. Also the Texas-nebraska game tonight. You have Suh on the Dline against Utolski on the OT. You can also see Asante(CB), Sergio kindle, Earl Thomas, Thenarse, Houston, etc. Lots of quality players with little real investment. Just grab a pad of paper, note the players you are looking at and sit back and enjoy. Planning is the name of the game and it helps me tremendously.

The reason I say he can be bad in zone is because I see the way he plays. He bumps and run as a man corner. In a Zone scheme you need to get into your zone on the field and then quickly make a break for the ball. Linds ran a poor 40 time at his Kentucky Pro day last year(4.53). This suggests to me that he cannot make up ground very easily. He needs to push and pull the receiver at the LOS because his recovery speed is not the best. So, asking him to go to a zone on the field, asking him to read the coverage, and then breaking back towards the ball does not seem to play to his strengths.

Therefore, my assessment of him was that he would not be a good zone corner and a much better man corner.

I understand that there are a lot of people that simply base their opinions on what others say. But you should know that the Draft Guru, would never do this!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Last edited by awtysst; 12-05-2009 at 02:14 PM.
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #15
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple things . . .

Earl Thomas is just a (RS) Sophomore and it is very likely that he will return for his Junior year at Texas. I'd say 60-40 odds he goes back. I'd take Joe Haden in a heartbeat though if he's available.

Toby Gerhart will not last till the 3rd round.

Kyle Wilson is purely a speed guy. He is overrated at his position because he is faster than the guys he plays against. He will not have that speed advantage in the NFL and he does not have that good of actual cover skills. He is a gifted kick returner, that's about it.

We run a 4-3 and Von Miller is not a DE or an OLB. Where does he fit in? His only position at the next level is as a 3-4 rush LB.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #16
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like the draft; but hopefully Von stays for his final year, he is one of the only bright spots on our D..

On a side note, Von is freaking hilarious off the field, as soon as he's done on the field he should be a color commentator for any network in the country.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yet another Gerhart to Houston mock

this is definitely a very very hopeful mock draft. i'm not sure Haden lasts that long (looks like a sure top 10 guy) and i doubt Gerhart does as well.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I have been talking up Wilson this whole year and think that the Texans can get him in the 2nd - 3rd, but as far as Earl Thomas he has said he is staying. I dont see Von Mille going passed the 2nd round, as he will be one of the top DE/OLB guys on the board and there are a lot more 3-4 teams this year. I like your 2nd round pick at OG and 5th round picking being BPA DT/OL. I dont see NE going back into the 1st round for the a 2nd first round pick. Hell NE has made a living off trading into the 2nd round to get great talent at a lesser price.
I am in agreement on the trade down with Pats as they had a similar situation last draft and did not trade up. I only included as on another thread someone had discussed the possibility. I think if we draft high enough Wilson may get pushed down to us. Maybe some teams will be leery of Boise' record. If we get Haden and Wilson not there, I'd still like another CB. Fortunately the draft is fairly deep.
Old 12-07-2009   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Beerlover for once we disagree. I think it is very possible that each player will be available. These picks as stated are at #15. i will not do an NFL round one mock until probably well after February, Haden could drop. Remember that Macolm Jenkins was rated #1 CB for two staright years and went back to school the first and then was drafted just before Texans at # 14 by Saints. This imo is very realistic pick. Same with Asamoah and my scenario with Gerhart may also realistically happen. Many are just now hearing about this RB and talking him up for Heisman. As other have pointed out each season 2-3 running backs have great productivity and are raved about only to drop in draft. Rashad Jennings is an example. Wilson is where I am may be dreaming but due to numerous CBs with similar skills it comes down to who the teams see fitting their needs. Thanks for your input as always. Steve
Old 12-07-2009   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Im not sure I would draft a Guard in the second round. It seems like the guard positoin has become a position that can be filled later. Sergio Rendar is the only guy that I have seen so far that I would consider taking befor the 3rd round. The 2009 Draft was complete lunacy when it came down to the OG position. Guys like Duke Robinson, the best OG on most boards, and Herman Johnson weren't drafted until well into Round 5. While big guys arent wanted
at the position in our current scheme it still looks like there will be talent available with quickness and strength at the position late in the draft. At any event, the top talent at the guard position should be even better for 2010's draft.
These were my thoughts until the season progressed. My earlier mocks had Thomas Austin LG/C/T and another guard in 4th and 5th. My thinking was Kubes liked Studdard and the kid did have a mean streak. However, he just doesn't have the skills to be a starter. I think CHris WHite is not even a back up. I will be stunned if Pitts is offered a new contract and we have no way of knowing if Bisiel will return healthy. Most of us have been upset with the running games especially in the Red Zone (see Kube's half back pass into end zone against Jags) I do think a back like Gerhart would do well behind the current line. Why not solidify the offense with Asamoah who plays in a ZBS that lead his school to the cenference passing lead in 08? At 315 he is at the upper limits for ZBS and is known for his bull rushes that knock the D back. He can finesse or forward block.

In my mind if we had the exact same line up we used Sunday and had Asamaoah blocking for Gerhart, we easily win and probably would have beat Tennessee and the Colts twice.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read