Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-04-2009   #81
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Bye Week Mock Draft-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i have a feeling Gerhart is going to be that guy that every fan of every team loves and will somehow make their team draft him when making mock drafts
except Miami
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #82
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
except Miami
I would be happy with Ryan Mathews or Anthony Dixon if for some reason FO cant get Toby or doesnt want him. Right now I am more worried about OL/DT/Safety then I am runningback. I know RB is a big need, but this team has had more issues with the O-Line and the front four of the D.
Old 12-04-2009   #83
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
except Miami
Ronnie Brown is coming off of a season ending injury, oh and he's a free agent this offseason, and Ricky Williams has pretty much said he'll retire after next season. so runningback could suddenly become a huge need for Miami
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #84
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would sign Ronnie Brown and Casey Hampton. The cap room is there.

This would allow the Texans to have freedom to pick BPA in the draft.

Along with providing much needed leadership in the lockeroom.

They should still pick a RB and DT somewhere in the draft.

The OL and DB positions are at the top of my draft wish list.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #85
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ronnie Brown is coming off of a season ending injury, oh and he's a free agent this offseason, and Ricky Williams has pretty much said he'll retire after next season. so runningback could suddenly become a huge need for Miami
Hasn't Ronnie Brown missed signifigant time due to injury over the years?
Old 12-04-2009   #86
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

If that happened then I'm going DB in the first .
Old 12-04-2009   #87
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=mussop;1315150]I agree with everyting youre saying. Cody isnt a good fit in a 4/3. We have pretty much the same opinion of him other than the conditioning issue. IMO he has done everything asked of him since getting to Bama. He has good character, he works hard and has shown alot of maturity in the way he has approached this issue. There is tons of press on the very subjuct but people seem to be missing it for some reason.

If you watch him play you will realize its not as much of an issue as regularly advertised.[/QUOTE]I remember watching him play one time but not who. I was probably focusing on another Alabama player or someone on other team. I do have a vivid image of him moving only a yard or two in any direction. As you say that may be all he is asked to do, but that seems very unlikely. As I posted yesterday, Willams gets double blocks and still disrupts the QB. Cody will definitely be a first round selection.
Old 12-04-2009   #88
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I would be happy with Ryan Mathews or Anthony Dixon if for some reason FO cant get Toby or doesnt want him. Right now I am more worried about OL/DT/Safety then I am runningback. I know RB is a big need, but this team has had more issues with the O-Line and the front four of the D.
I just don't see Dixon as that good of a candidate especially with a top three round pick. I am with you on Oline and safety concerns, but what do you see the weakness at DT are? The running game for the most part has been slowed significantly.
Old 12-04-2009   #89
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

You actually want to gamble again with a free agent running back?
Old 12-04-2009   #90
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You actually want to gamble again with a free agent running back?
Considering what we're looking at next year...why not? We've got Steve Slaton who has struggled this year, and Chris Brown who thankfully is one the last year of his contract. We've got Ryan Moats who is well about what he is now...a third string third down back.

I have my doubts Gerhart will be there in the second for us.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #91
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Considering what we're looking at next year...why not? We've got Steve Slaton who has struggled this year, and Chris Brown who thankfully is one the last year of his contract. We've got Ryan Moats who is well about what he is now...a third string third down back.

I have my doubts Gerhart will be there in the second for us.
I agree with everything you say except Gerhart and you could very well be correct there also. I have just burned out on injured RB free agents who take our money and run. What could happen is Chris Brown remains healthy and ends ups with a few good attempts last few games as he did against Colts 2nd game and he gets another year added.
Old 12-05-2009   #92
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Hasn't Ronnie Brown missed signifigant time due to injury over the years?
yeah, all of them being freakish injuries. sucks.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #93
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, all of them being freakish injuries. sucks.
now Ricky too
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read