Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-28-2009   #1
BigTT
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BigTT was voted MVPBigTT was voted MVPBigTT was voted MVP
Default Texans problem (the view from Titan Land)

Before I start I want to say I come in peace. Although, unasked I would like to say from the standpoint of a division rival what I see and more importantly what I don't, from the Texans. Firstly I see several true stars on both sides of the ball. Johnson rips the Titans a new one twice a year, schaub, when healthy is very, very good. Good Te's, and the other recievers are also good. On D mario is a very good player, just maybe not pick number one good. A very good set of young lb's. The problem I think is the lack of identity for the team. What I mean is, what are the Texans? When Fisher and company came to Tennessee they realized the easiest way to the playoffs is winning the division, they built the team to beat the then division rivals the steelers. And fish has been very sucessful in that with a record of something like 12-5 all time vs the sqeelers. Later the Ravens built their team to beat the Titans. When the divisions changed the colts did the same, built to beat the Titans. I guess I am saying that the Texans don't really seem to have a plan, they have really nice players but are you a finese team, a power team, a little of both? The truth is that other than the nightmare of trying to stop johnson nothing scares the leauge about the Texans. I mean come on Chris Brown at running back, I was cracking up when the tv announcers kept saying what a powerback he is. He is a 230 lbs marshmellow, that was why we let him go. He couldn't get the tough yards, not even close. Take it for what its worth as a fan, and truthfully I hope you don't figure it out. I would like 12-4 all time to continue.
BigTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #2
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan
Default Re: Texans problem (the view from Titan Land)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTT View Post
Before I start I want to say I come in peace. Although, unasked I would like to say from the standpoint of a division rival what I see and more importantly what I don't, from the Texans. Firstly I see several true stars on both sides of the ball. Johnson rips the Titans a new one twice a year, schaub, when healthy is very, very good. Good Te's, and the other recievers are also good. On D mario is a very good player, just maybe not pick number one good. A very good set of young lb's. The problem I think is the lack of identity for the team. What I mean is, what are the Texans? When Fisher and company came to Tennessee they realized the easiest way to the playoffs is winning the division, they built the team to beat the then division rivals the steelers. And fish has been very sucessful in that with a record of something like 12-5 all time vs the sqeelers. Later the Ravens built their team to beat the Titans. When the divisions changed the colts did the same, built to beat the Titans. I guess I am saying that the Texans don't really seem to have a plan, they have really nice players but are you a finese team, a power team, a little of both? The truth is that other than the nightmare of trying to stop johnson nothing scares the leauge about the Texans. I mean come on Chris Brown at running back, I was cracking up when the tv announcers kept saying what a powerback he is. He is a 230 lbs marshmellow, that was why we let him go. He couldn't get the tough yards, not even close. Take it for what its worth as a fan, and truthfully I hope you don't figure it out. I would like 12-4 all time to continue.
It's called paragraphs bro.

Texans problem imo is Kubiak. I like the guy and wish we win out and go 11-5 but like you said the Texans have the talent and I believe it's playoffs or bust.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe the mindset is that we're "trying" to be built to beat the Colts (which would continue the chain of madness mentioned in your post)

Unfortunately, someone didn't delete the line in the mission statement about shooting ourselves in the foot whenever we had them on the ropes.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

My problem is we should've drafted VY when we had a chance, now that we didn't that will haunt us for the rest of his time playing against us...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
My problem is we should've drafted VY when we had a chance, now that we didn't that will haunt us for the rest of his time playing against us...
Get real.

Did Vince block two field goals? or was it just his presence on the sidelines that threw off the Earth's rotational orbit?

We're 12-1 against the best QB in the league.. & you're worried about Vince?
Old 11-28-2009   #6
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Get real.

Did Vince block two field goals? or was it just his presence on the sidelines that threw off the Earth's rotational orbit?

What QB are you 12-1 against?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
What QB are you 12-1 against?
Hey ... this is like the German's bombing Pearl Harbor . We know what he meant , let him go .
Old 11-28-2009   #8
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Hey ... this is like the German's bombing Pearl Harbor . We know what he meant , let him go .
Actually I am still very much confused and your Germans bombing Harbor comment has me even more lost.

Old 11-28-2009   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually I am still very much confused and your Germans bombing Harbor comment has me even more lost.
forget it, he's rolling.
Old 11-28-2009   #10
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Get real.

1-12 i think you meant. not to be an asshole or anything
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #11
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
forget it, he's rolling.
That means something very much different I think in CA then it does in TX.

Old 11-28-2009   #12
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That means something very much different I think in CA then it does in TX.
X or ecstasy is the same and most of the stuff come from the Netherlands. I think he meant that he was on a roll?
Old 11-29-2009   #13
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You've had to have seen one of the greatest movie comedies "Animal House" to get the reference.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
You've had to have seen one of the greatest movie comedies "Animal House" to get the reference.
BA is not rolling. FOODFIGHT!!
Old 11-29-2009   #15
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
OK got it now. Sounded familiar but have not seen the movie in a few years.

Old 11-30-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
1-12 i think you meant. not to be an asshole or anything
Correct.

Actually I should have said 1-15.
Old 11-30-2009   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OK got it now. Sounded familiar but have not seen the movie in a few years.
Classic: Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor
Old 11-30-2009   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have their identity- finesse, play-action zone blocking, 4-3 soft zone defense who struggle to close games they should win
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #19
BY1401
14-2*

Rep Power: 12 BY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTT View Post
When the divisions changed the colts did the same, built to beat the Titans.
Yeah, not so much.

Polian built the Colts around Manning and stuck with the same philosophy he had while he was with the Bills.

-Jim Caldwell 12/23/2009
BY1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #20
BigTT
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BigTT was voted MVPBigTT was voted MVPBigTT was voted MVP

You mean that bills team that the Titans beat in the Music City Miracle?
BigTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read