Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-30-2009   #41
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beef week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think that's a safety = 2 points

I think the referee's end up feeling sorry for us losing 68-0 and allow us to kick an extra point just to get on the board.
Nope, it is the only 1 point play in football...if the team blocks the extra point and runs it back....you get 1 point.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Nope, it is the only 1 point play in football...if the team blocks the extra point and runs it back....you get 1 point.
College and the CFL, not the NFL.
Old 11-30-2009   #43
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Tarp week!

Quote:
Yes, Titans should...That was amazing game yesterday. Talk about a crazy season for you guys!
I am enjoying all of the love for my high school because of MJD. Even showed him in the championship game on the commercials they have been showing.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #44
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Are you sure? I remember seeing an NFL game...a long time ago, I think a Raider game, where this happened and they got 1 point. Unless the rules have changed?
Old 11-30-2009   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you sure? I remember seeing an NFL game...a long time ago, I think a Raider game, where this happened and they got 1 point. Unless the rules have changed?
I'm nearly 100% sure.... Notice the non-committal "for sure 100%".
Old 11-30-2009   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
  • Under college rules, if the defensive team gains possession and advances the ball the length of the field into the opposite end zone on the try (for example by an interception or a fumble recovery, or by blocking a kick and legally recovering the ball), they score two points. This is officially recorded as a touchdown scored by the defense. The NCAA adopted this rule in 1990.
  • This scenario cannot occur under NFL or high school football rules; the ball is ruled dead and the try is over immediately when the defense gains possession.
I know it's Wiki, but I'm too lazy to go through the NFL rule book.
Old 11-30-2009   #47
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Only if it goes against the Raiders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The NFL and high schools that follow the rules of the National Federation of State High School Associations (all U.S. high schools except those in Texas and Massachusetts, which use NCAA rules instead) do not allow this, and a two-point attempt resulting in recovery of the ball by the defense is merely 'no good', although it can, on rare occasions, result in a one-point safety. This one-point safety is the only way a team can have a score of just one point during the course of an American football game.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #48
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
I know it's Wiki, but I'm too lazy to go through the NFL rule book.
I'll ask Vic on Jags main Website..We'll see if he answers?
Old 11-30-2009   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I'll ask Vic on Jags main Website..We'll see if he answers?
Right on!!
Old 11-30-2009   #50
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

I am pretty certain in the NFL the ball is dead. I remember one game when Deon INT'ed a 2 point try and took it back. No points were given. Unless the rule has changed it is dead once the other team gets the ball.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #51
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Right on!!
Vic, emailed me back, he said "no." I guess you learn something everyday. So, you would get a safety in the NFL?...cool.
Old 11-30-2009   #52
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

I do think back in the early days of the NFL, you could get a point? Not sure? Oh well, This would be a cool topic..discussing football rules.
Old 11-30-2009   #53
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I am pretty certain in the NFL the ball is dead. I remember one game when Deon INT'ed a 2 point try and took it back. No points were given. Unless the rule has changed it is dead once the other team gets the ball.
You're right, I forgot about that play. Good call.
Old 11-30-2009   #54
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
How about the UFL? LOL
Old 11-30-2009   #55
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
How about the UFL? LOL
The Ugly Football League? Probably.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #56
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
OK, so do you guys want to have who sucks more smack talk?
OK, back to this question? Jags sucks so bad....they are in 2nd palce of the AFC South....have one of the cheapest ticket prices in the NFL and cannot lift a blackout. We better sell out for that Thursday Night game vs. Colts or the media will have a feeding frenzy.
Old 11-30-2009   #57
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

1 point.

Many years ago I seem to remember a game between the Vikings and Lions. The Lions were having trouble getting to the stadium and were at risk of having to forfeit the game. The score would have been 1-0.

Lions eventually showed up and lost anyway.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
How about the UFL? LOL
LMAO!! I dunno about that one.
Old 11-30-2009   #59
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
The Ugly Football League? Probably.
Exactly!!!!
Old 11-30-2009   #60
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
OK, back to this question? Jags sucks so bad....they are in 2nd palce of the AFC South....have one of the cheapest ticket prices in the NFL and cannot lift a blackout. We better sell out for that Thursday Night game vs. Colts or the media will have a feeding frenzy.
If each fan or a number of fans bought an extra ticket or two maybe y'all can get it sold out. Then donate those extra tickets to a charity or some cause.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read