Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-08-2004   #21
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Bradford isnt the best receiver in the league.. but he IS good. he is a deep threat that cant be ignored.. he stretches the defense even if he doesnt catch the ball. And honestly, he has been fairly reliable lately.

Besides that.. there was an article on him a while ago.. he is really buffing up and getting ready for this season.. he knows this is his contract year and wants to show that he is a great player. So, this could be a really good year for him.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #22
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fball
I say go for it, if it makes our teams better, why not? And I think Parcells is a dang good coach, but some players can't be coached like that, but I really like the way Capers coaches he is stearn but it seems that the players respect him and his ways. So I think that Bryant and coach capers would be a good fit, hopefully!
It wasnt just a problem with Parcells. Bryant had an attitude problem in college back in Pittsburgh from everything i've read. If he hasnt changed after all these years, I doubt he will now. Bradford and Gaffney never even had much of a chance last year since if AJ wasnt open, it went to DD anyhow. And dont give that crap about Bradford having stone hands... he only dropped ONE freakin ball last season, no matter what you think you remember.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #23
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a huge Bradford fan by any means, but he's been working hard on improving and has a good attitude. I'd take that over an underachieving #2 receiver at best with a bad attitude... who by the way dropped TEN passes last year.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #24
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

if we take him we aint got much to lose.. we already have our receivers.. and bryant is young and has an attitude.. so bench him. Let him run back some kickoffs and play some special teams. put him out on the field when he learns not to run his mouth. or hold unto him and trade him for a 4th or 5th rounder to someone who really needs the help at receiver.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #25
J-Man
Veteran

I have to say that I vote no on the possible trade. I like the looks of our WRs as they stand, and we would need to shop for a jobber RB to replace Wells. I agree that Bryant has some great talent...but I don't like the price of potentially screwing up our offensive chemistry.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #26
TexasAggie
Rookie

Thumbs up

Done deal in a heart beat, if it is wells for Bryant. If it involes any draft picks that would not be something I would want to do.
TexasAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #27
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Was this Jeremy Foster Sports Flash babble or is it credible? I was out of town all day and didn't hear any local stuff. I've got Fox 26 on now and will wait to see what Berman says. I have a hard time believing this (a straight up deal at least) would be true. It's possible that Wells might not even make the 53 this year.

No Berman tonight but Matt Sampsell said nothing about it.

Last edited by aj.; 07-08-2004 at 10:55 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #28
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

It is interesting that no recent trade talks about Bryant's has been mentioned on the Silver Star. Anything is possible, but seems a bit unusual that there hasn't been any rumors or speculations to surface on one of the Cowboys most popular MB's.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004   #29
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be a good trade for us.
Old 07-09-2004   #30
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no mention of any of these trade talks in the Dallas Morning News either.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004   #31
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Seems to be based more in the rumor realm at the moment than in anything tangible.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004   #32
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that this means anything but I did find one report that Bryant is working out with the team again. So apparently he isn't holding out or the coaches aren't banning him from team activities.
Old 07-10-2004   #33
War_Eagle
Rookie

Rumors are kinda like opinions and we all know about those....Bryant has attitude but he also has ability. Maybe a change will correct the attitude?
War_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004   #34
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I think above all we need to find more of a link than anything.

I agree that Bryant adds some issues. BUT... his issues are not off the field type issues. Its more a desire to want to play and get minutes and plays. NOT to say that he wouldn't be a malcontent, but he isn't coming here with drug issues, with off the field legal issues etc. He got into a fight with parcells over plays being run for him and playing time. IF we were able to get him it would give us 4 strong wideouts in Johnson, Gaffney, Bradford, and Bryant. Injuries etc. Its worth it when we typically go to our 4th wide out more than our 3rd RB.

I'm all for it, but i want proof somewhere.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004   #35
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the addition of Bryant and getting rid of Wells would mean a better understanding of what JJ Moses value to the team is. We pretty much would have one less ST player which would mean Moses could stay if Bryant is not used on ST.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004   #36
WWJD
Hall of Fame

No 1 this guy has a reputation that goes all the way back to college. Which would mean for YEARS he's been a mental case.

No 2 the original post said it was a 610 news item or ESPN news item that was broadcast on ESPN. I'm not sure there is a link.

No 3 the incident occured at a practice. During the off-season. So he gets mad because they aren't running plays for him during a June practice?

No 4 there has been no mention of it in the Chronicle that I know of or anything in the Dallas Morning News.

No 5 Bill Parcells is probably the hardest coach in the NFL as far as being a hard*** toward his players. He's got the reputation of being really tough on them. So the odds would seem to be that if he can't handle Bryant Coach Capers would have similar problems.

The trade may happen. I'm not in their office to say it will or won't. Just don't be surprised IF it happens that the guy gets here and causes trouble. He's bringing his head with him. And therein lies the problem. He's a head case.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read