Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2009   #21
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: By the way.....

Thanks for reminding me.
Old 11-25-2009   #22
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

we will winz because i have 5 days off work to perfect my voodoo curse on peyton
Old 11-25-2009   #23
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The Colts can pretty much take us out of the playoffs with a win. I know they would rather face a Jags or Dolphin team. I hate to be debby downer but I don't have a good feeling about this game.
Me too.

I really think the Texans season and Kubiak's job is in serious jeopardy now.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #24
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel so damn turrible in general, both about this game and the frustration of the season thus far, that I'm *this close* to giving up on the Texans 2009 campaign for NFL relevancy. For that reason alone I think the Texans will win this game. Beating the Colts less than a week after the latest loss in the Biggest Game in Franchise History is right in line with the Texans' M.O.

I expected the Texans to win Monday and am still recovering from the gutpunch, but I keep reminding myself of the theory I had going into the MNF matchup--I didn't see the Texans sweeping both games. Call me a crazed homer, but I have a hunch that the loss against the Titans improves the Texans chances of beating Indy because they would've suffered from a likely letdown after such a huge win on the national stage. Since they lost, I expect a bounce back game.

I'm calling my shot now: the Texans will tag Indy for their first loss of the year.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #25
IndyColts#1
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I feel so damn turrible in general, both about this game and the frustration of the season thus far, that I'm *this close* to giving up on the Texans 2009 campaign for NFL relevancy. For that reason alone I think the Texans will win this game. Beating the Colts less than a week after the latest loss in the Biggest Game in Franchise History is right in line with the Texans' M.O.

I expected the Texans to win Monday and am still recovering from the gutpunch, but I keep reminding myself of the theory I had going into the MNF matchup--I didn't see the Texans sweeping both games. Call me a crazed homer, but I have a hunch that the loss against the Titans improves the Texans chances of beating Indy because they would've suffered from a likely letdown after such a huge win on the national stage. Since they lost, I expect a bounce back game.

I'm calling my shot now: the Texans will tag Indy for their first loss of the year.
It's funny you say that, because while watching the MNF game, I wasn't sure who I wanted to win. Then I thought if the Texans win, they'll probably be jacked up for the Colts, but if the lose, they'll probably have a hangover from the Titans loss. You guys know your team better than I do.

I will say this, the Texans are much improved this year. Johnson is a beast. The Texans biggest problem is consistency. I think they have a tendancy to get too high and too low. Yes the Colts haven't been blowing people out, but that's because they are consistant in their mental preparation. They don't panic when behind and they don't relax when ahead. This will be a close game. I look for the Ponies to pull out a 1 - 3 point win.
IndyColts#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts#1 View Post
It's funny you say that, because while watching the MNF game, I wasn't sure who I wanted to win. Then I thought if the Texans win, they'll probably be jacked up for the Colts, but if the lose, they'll probably have a hangover from the Titans loss. You guys know your team better than I do.

I will say this, the Texans are much improved this year. Johnson is a beast. The Texans biggest problem is consistency. I think they have a tendancy to get too high and too low. Yes the Colts haven't been blowing people out, but that's because they are consistant in their mental preparation. They don't panic when behind and they don't relax when ahead. This will be a close game. I look for the Ponies to pull out a 1 - 3 point win.

Again, characteristics of a pretty young team. (also again, not an excuse, just reality of this team).
Old 11-25-2009   #27
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The Colts can pretty much take us out of the playoffs with a win. I know they would rather face a Jags or Dolphin team. I hate to be debby downer but I don't have a good feeling about this game.
I don't either. We'll make it interesting, then we'll remember that we're the mediocre Texans and they're the elite Colts.

We'll spaz out at the end of the game and blow it in the last 2:00.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is where the Texans need to be. Do you think this comes from coaching? Obviously, it's a bit tough to call when you've got a HoF QB like Manning on the team, simply because his demeanor helps focus the entire team. The defense knows that the offense can score quickly, so they play more relaxed. The offense obviously has the confidence from him calling signals.

With a young team like the Texans, we are still trying to figure it out. It seems that they are 'oh so close' to getting over the hump, but yet so far away. Like Vinny has mentioned before, it's relatively easy to go from a 3-6 win season to .500, but so much tougher to get from .500 to a playoff record. A win against the Colts would give them a much needed boost in that regard.

Any chance the Colts overlook the Texans this week? I mean, 'we suck', are 1-14 lifetime against Indy, so why are y'all even practicing this week? Take a break, y'know!
Old 11-25-2009   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
We'll spaz out at the end of the game and blow it in the last 2:00.
And we don't have the Rosencopter to blame for this year's "spaz out". I wonder what new and creative way we can come up with to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old 11-25-2009   #30
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans biggest problem is consistency. I think they have a tendancy to get too high and too low. Yes the Colts haven't been blowing people out, but that's because they are consistant in their mental preparation. They don't panic when behind and they don't relax when ahead.
I think that this is the case with every mediocre team in the NFL especially this year.

Too many Jekyll and Hydes. The consistent teams are the ones that are on top right now.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok i guess we can chalk up another Loss then
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009   #32
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post

I agree with you. That's how they do it. They push you so far away that you think you're "out" and then they pull you back in with a win that shouldn't exist.

The Texans will beat Indy this week just to get our hopes up before they go on a 2 game losing skid to the Seahawks and Rams.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
And we don't have the Rosencopter to blame for this year's "spaz out". I wonder what new and creative way we can come up with to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Old 11-30-2009   #34
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow this thread of optimism went to doo-doo.....
Old 11-30-2009   #35
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Ok i guess we can chalk up another Loss then
You were saying?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read