Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-19-2009   #81
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Half-Season Texans Mock/Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Bennett has had some tough personal issues off the field that maybe contributing to his lost season. Since the team has not disclosed anything regarding Bennett's situation, out of respect for his privacy I will not go into details, suffice it to say he has suffered a huge personal lose that would set anyone back.

He deserves our prayers, not our uninformed negativity.

Hope that his lost year does not hurt us and that he can come back focused and a stronger player soon.
First I heard of any personal issues. Yeah it could certainly effect his year but if we are not told painekiller, we evaluate based on what we know; same with injuries. If this was a death of a friend or loved one my prayers go to him and his. I has been difficult for me to fathom how he went from a very good season to two pretty bad ones.
Old 11-19-2009   #82
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I wish the media would report this about Bennett without saying what his personal issues are.

Kubes said he was having a great TC and all of the sudden suckitude took over his game. I thought Kubes was blowing smoke where the sun dont shine.

This explains what is wrong with Bennett. I guess it's much to ask for McLame to provide useful info to his readers. It's bad that this MB is more informational than the Barnicle.

Thoughta and Prayers Freddy B
Bennett's lose occurred in the 1st week or two of the season, and I am not sure the press is aware officially.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009   #83
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bennett's lose occurred in the 1st week or two of the season, and I am not sure the press is aware officially.
If you are uncomfortable saying what happened can you at least give some creedence to how you know?
Old 11-20-2009   #84
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If you are uncomfortable saying what happened can you at least give some creedence to how you know?
Like badboy said, why should we take what you are saying as the truth? How/why do you know and a McClain or other reporter close to the team wouldn't?

Not to be crass, but as far as I'm concerned the only thing Freddy has lost is his ability to tackle.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009   #85
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
Like badboy said, why should we take what you are saying as the truth? How/why do you know and a McClain or other reporter close to the team wouldn't?

Not to be crass, but as far as I'm concerned the only thing Freddy has lost is his ability to tackle.
A friend of mine works at a local hospital, her telling me the information puts her job at risk due to privacy rights of patients. She is a huge fan of the team, and she knows who the players are.

Fred Bennett has suffered a lose that he has keeped private, and I have overstepped my bounds stating that much.
Old 11-20-2009   #86
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
A friend of mine works at a local hospital, her telling me the information puts her job at risk due to privacy rights of patients. She is a huge fan of the team, and she knows who the players are.

Fred Bennett has suffered a lose that he has keeped private, and I have overstepped my bounds stating that much.
'Nuff said. Prayers offered to Bennett and all involved. Sometimes it is easy to forget these guys are human.
Old 11-20-2009   #87
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm not following. What does it mean to "suffer a lose"?? He suffered a loss, as in a family member/friend? He has a lose joint? He's losing his hair?

My medical terminology knowledge seems to be coming up short here, any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-22-2009   #88
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I'm not following. What does it mean to "suffer a lose"?? He suffered a loss, as in a family member/friend? He has a lose joint? He's losing his hair?

My medical terminology knowledge seems to be coming up short here, any help would be appreciated.
Quote:
suffice it to say he has suffered a huge personal lose that would set anyone back.
Again I am placing my friends job at jeopardy stating this much. Neither Fred nor the team disclosed anything about the matter, which means the family wants it to stay personal. Respect that the player is also a person with a life outside the field and we do not always know the details.

I just hope that the lose he suffered is not suffered by any of you. Yet things happen and life goes on.

Fred Bennett and Molden will both have to earn their spots next off season. IMO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read