Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame
 
Wolf6151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 3,353
Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wolf6151 bye week mock draft.

The 2 weakest parts of our team are the O-line, IMO the reason the running game stinks, and the secondary. My draft concentrates on our 2 weakest areas and adds quality and depth to both. This mock is a little optimistic, but possible, and is how I'd like to see the draft workout for us. Let me know what you think.

1. Joe Haden-CB, I think he's the only true #1 corner coming out this year, though Trevard Lindley and Patrick Robinson are possible future #1's. Dunta is only playing average this year and is way too expensive for his production level. Haden replaces Dunta.

2. Morgan Burnett-FS, this guy is IMO the second best coverage FS in the draft behind Berry. He's got great closing speed, tackles well, and isn't afraid to play the run. Our FS for the next decade.

3. Mike Johnson-OG, Pitts is injured and is a FA next year and honestly isn't worth the money a FA OG will want. Brisiel stinks and Caldwell should be moved to C to replace Myers. Johnson fits the mold of a ZBS OG and is one of the top OG's entering this years draft.

4. Thomas Austin-OG, he adds a little size improvement to our interior O-line without being overly huge. He may not start right away but should improve out quality and depth on the interior O-line.

5. Ben Tate or Lagerrette Blount-RB, I think Anthony Dixon and Toby Gerhart will be gone by this point. Tate offers the same size and quickness like Slaton and Blount offers size and power. Either I think would help in the rotation.

6. Best SS available, maybe Darian Stewart, Barry Church, or Kyle McCarthy. I honestly don't know alot about any of these guys but Pollard should be our SS for the next couple years and Ferguson and Barber both stink. I'm looking for someone to play backup SS and good special teams.

6. Ed Wang-OT, we're one injury away from no depth at OT so we need depth behind Butler at OT. Honestly I'm hoping this pick turns into a 5th rounder due to the conditional trade of Travis Johnson. This pick could also be spent on a future QB for Kubiak to groom.

7. Zoltan Mesko-P, younger and cheaper than Turk.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #2
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,491
Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 bye week mock draft.

Man you dream better than I do. Unless Texans start losing neither of your first two will be available. Haden may drop into the 22-26 range but I doubt it and Burnett would have to be that range in the second round and that would stun me. If we could get your guys and a Gerhart or Dixon in 5th, I would declare it the best draft in Texans history at the end of day 2.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame
 
Wolf6151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 3,353
Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 bye week mock draft.

Yeah it's a little optimistic but it's possible. I think we'll pick in the 18-21 range. Haden may fall a little to us hopefully and Burnett may as well with Berry and Mays going ahead of him and FS might not be a high priority on other teams. Also Earl Thomas may declare and might be considered in the low 1st or early 2nd round.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #4
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,491
Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 bye week mock draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Yeah it's a little optimistic but it's possible. I think we'll pick in the 18-21 range. Haden may fall a little to us hopefully and Burnett may as well with Berry and Mays going ahead of him and FS might not be a high priority on other teams. Also Earl Thomas may declare and might be considered in the low 1st or early 2nd round.
We agree.

Board I'm working on now is based on next 7 games of course;

1. RB Jonathan Dwyer Georgia Tech 6'1" 235 2008= 1395yds @7.5 12 TDs as of Nov 19 he has 1093 @ 6.5 avg. Consistent and a tank. Some say he is successful due to triple option. All I know is he gets the ball and heads to end zone; very hard to bring down. Junior but I don't see him staying. His fresh year he back up Tashard Choice and he avg over 5 so he is very consistent.
2. OG Jon Asamoah 6'4" 315 5.08 40 with quick feet. move him from RG to LG. 2008 Illini had best passing in conference. Good at traps and blocks and bull rushes. Reminds me of Charles Spencer. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=OG
3. CB Kyle Wilson 5'10 186 4.42 cb/fs 2008 5 INTs Most TDs in nation from punt returns avg 14.2 Boise State
4. DT Mike Neal Purdue 6'4" 302 and 4.96 yowee speed. 5.5 sacks in 08 and so far 5 this year. Strongest player on team and voted "hammer" award.
5a. (TJ trade) Thomas Austin OG/C/T 6'3" 310 5.16. looking at center by mid season.Caldwell anchors RG
5b. Eric Olsen Notre Dame plays all line spots. 6'4" 305 5.26 replace Myers eventually on roster after Myers is moved to RG to finish season.
6. Tyler Sash Iowa SS 6'1" 210 4.57 with crazy stats. Thanks RMARTIN65. Sash just is all over the field. 5 INTs in 08, 6 so far 09.
7. Probably a LB.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score
 
rmartin65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 24
Posts: 7,980
Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 bye week mock draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We agree.

Board I'm working on now is based on next 7 games of course;

1. RB Jonathan Dwyer Georgia Tech 6'1" 235 2008= 1395yds @7.5 12 TDs as of Nov 19 he has 1093 @ 6.5 avg. Consistent and a tank. Some say he is successful due to triple option. All I know is he gets the ball and heads to end zone; very hard to bring down. Junior but I don't see him staying. His fresh year he back up Tashard Choice and he avg over 5 so he is very consistent.
2. OG Jon Asamoah 6'4" 315 5.08 40 with quick feet. move him from RG to LG. 2008 Illini had best passing in conference. Good at traps and blocks and bull rushes. Reminds me of Charles Spencer. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=OG
3. CB Kyle Wilson 5'10 186 4.42 cb/fs 2008 5 INTs Most TDs in nation from punt returns avg 14.2 Boise State
4. DT Mike Neal Purdue 6'4" 302 and 4.96 yowee speed. 5.5 sacks in 08 and so far 5 this year. Strongest player on team and voted "hammer" award.
5a. (TJ trade) Thomas Austin OG/C/T 6'3" 310 5.16. looking at center by mid season.Caldwell anchors RG
5b. Eric Olsen Notre Dame plays all line spots. 6'4" 305 5.26 replace Myers eventually on roster after Myers is moved to RG to finish season.
6. Tyler Sash Iowa SS 6'1" 210 4.57 with crazy stats. Thanks RMARTIN65. Sash just is all over the field. 5 INTs in 08, 6 so far 09.
7. Probably a LB.
Nice draft.

1) Dwyer- He started the season my number one back. Now, it is a toss-up. Good speed, nice power, he looks like the real deal. The only pitfall here is I dont get my boy Gerhart. A good pick though, I would be happy with it.

2) I like the idea of getting a guard early. In fact, it looks like we just switched rounds with our top 2 picks. Asamoah is strong, quick and intelligent. He would do well here. My second favorite OG prospect, would definitely be a great pick here.

3) A position of need that could help with returns. He's got my vote.

4) I just dont get a good vibe from Neal, I dont know what it is. I do want a DT in this draft, I just dont know where. Oghobaase in the 3rd maybe, but then I dont get that corner. Hmm.

5) Good pick, no complaints.

5) Money here too

6) I would take Sash, but I dont think he declares this year. He is only a RS Soph, he wont declare with a 6th round grade.

7) I would look at a project player, that can play Sp. Teams.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #6
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,491
Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 bye week mock draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Nice draft.

1) Dwyer- He started the season my number one back. Now, it is a toss-up. Good speed, nice power, he looks like the real deal. The only pitfall here is I dont get my boy Gerhart. A good pick though, I would be happy with it.

2) I like the idea of getting a guard early. In fact, it looks like we just switched rounds with our top 2 picks. Asamoah is strong, quick and intelligent. He would do well here. My second favorite OG prospect, would definitely be a great pick here.

3) A position of need that could help with returns. He's got my vote.

4) I just dont get a good vibe from Neal, I dont know what it is. I do want a DT in this draft, I just dont know where. Oghobaase in the 3rd maybe, but then I dont get that corner. Hmm.

5) Good pick, no complaints.

5) Money here too

6) I would take Sash, but I dont think he declares this year. He is only a RS Soph, he wont declare with a 6th round grade.

7) I would look at a project player, that can play Sp. Teams.
I'm ok with Oghobaase but think he will be gone. Can you vrify red shirt for Sash? I posted that after seeing on a link but another poster corrected me saying junior. Give me some LBs to look at for 7th
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score
 
rmartin65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 24
Posts: 7,980
Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 bye week mock draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I'm ok with Oghobaase but think he will be gone. Can you vrify red shirt for Sash? I posted that after seeing on a link but another poster corrected me saying junior. Give me some LBs to look at for 7th
Here is the info on Sash: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=SS

It depends if you want outside guys or inside guys. I will just give my top 3 available for each.

OLBs:
Keenan Clayton, Oklahoma, 6'1" 221 lbs
Rico McCoy, Tennessee, 6' 220 lbs
Jarvis Geathers, UCF, 6'2" 238 lbs

ILBs:
Joe Pawelek, Baylor, 6'2" 240 lbs
Vincent Rey, Duke, 6' 245 lbs
Lee Campbell, Minnesota, 6'3" 246 lbs
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2009   #8
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,491
Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 bye week mock draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Here is the info on Sash: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=SS
It depends if you want outside guys or inside guys. I will just give my top 3 available for each.

OLBs:
Keenan Clayton, Oklahoma, 6'1" 221 lbs
Rico McCoy, Tennessee, 6' 220 lbs
Jarvis Geathers, UCF, 6'2" 238 lbs

ILBs:
Joe Pawelek, Baylor, 6'2" 240 lbs
Vincent Rey, Duke, 6' 245 lbs
Lee Campbell, Minnesota, 6'3" 246 lbs
I think we are ok with starters Diles, Mario and Cush and Bentley plays all positions pretty well. I wish I had a better eval on Adibi. He got his chance to move up to to another injury and then his own injury moved him back. I have heard nothing on him for weeks. He may be healed but I can not remember him playing. I know Kubes likes to have a good supply of corners and linebackers.

FYI, Boiste STate plays Utah State tonight 8:30 central time. I am hoping to see a bit of Kyle Wilson.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger