Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2009   #1
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 11150 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Finnegan brings out the worse in AJ

Andre Johnson | Texans Top Email
In his last four games against the Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson has averaged (averaged!) eight catches, 125 yards and a touchdown. One reason why he seems to put up such gaudy numbers could be the man who lines up across the line of scrimmage from him, Titans CB Cortland Finnegan.

In a video posted on the Houston Chronicle's website, Johnson refers to Finnegan as "downright irritating" before noting that the CB's incessant trash talk does "bring something out of you."

ESPN

Also two articles on AJ that were really good.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...ory?id=4667635
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...ory?id=4667896

Im sorry if your not an inisder..IDK if i can put whole articles here.

Last edited by Section516; 11-19-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Section516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Finnegan brings out the worse in AJ

Seems like Finnegan would just shut up and play ball after so many beatdowns.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Finnegan is a dirty bastard
Old 11-19-2009   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Fake-ass Irishman!

How the F does he continue to talk trash when he gets routinely abused by AJ? That's just beyond me.
Old 11-19-2009   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Ummm, I don't know about y'all, but if true, this makes Finnegan one of my favorite players in the NFL, and one of the best players we fans have out there. Keep talking, Finny! AJ's got something for ya!
Old 11-19-2009   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Fake-ass Irishman!

How the F does he continue to talk trash when he gets routinely abused by AJ? That's just beyond me.
Not just a little bit abused, but full on cops should be called abused. He shouldn't spout off at all.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #7
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

350+, 3 touchdowns in the past 2 games. I'd say he brings out the best in Andre Johnson.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2009   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Not just a little bit abused, but full on cops should be called abused. He shouldn't spout off at all.
He's just trying to act like he's not worried about AJ.

It's being done to psyche himself up.

But the problem is that it's not working. Without a good push by their d-line, via the dearly-departed Haynesworth, Finnegan has become a DB who operates out on an island.

He can't jump routes because QBs aren't hurrying their throws due to d-line not getting that pressure on the QB that they had once consistently produced.

I want the first pass of the game to be a deep ball to AJ and right AT the Irishman Wannabe. I mean, just put it out there and scorch him on the very first play of the game. We'll either get the catch or likely an interference call because Finnegan will crap his pants that the first play is going his way to AJ right off the bat, and it's a deep pass.

I hope we see some crazy playcalling on offense on MNF. I want to see new plays that have been practiced for the past two weeks.
Old 11-19-2009   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I want the first pass of the game to be a deep ball to AJ and right AT the Irishman Wannabe. I mean, just put it out there and scorch him on the very first play of the game.
This^^^^^^^... First play of the game, play action, double move, deep.... "Rock and Roll, Touchdown Houston!"

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 11-19-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I want the first pass of the game to be a deep ball to AJ and right AT the Irishman Wannabe. I mean, just put it out there and scorch him on the very first play of the game. We'll either get the catch or likely an interference call because Finnegan will crap his pants that the first play is going his way to AJ right off the bat, and it's a deep pass.

I hope we see some crazy playcalling on offense on MNF. I want to see new plays that have been practiced for the past two weeks.
With you on that one, smack him right in the face on the first play! Score the TD, then have Mario sack/fumble Black Jesus on the very first play.
Old 11-19-2009   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans have to take the wind right out of the sails of the Titans from the very first play of the game.

The first play of the game needs to be bold and not conservative.

The last thing we need to do is come out luke-warm and predictable.

I don't care if that first play on offense is a bust and doesn't work the way we planned. I want that crowd to gasp when the ball is in the air and the Titans DBs freaking out that we just went deep on play 1.

Show them that we are going to be pushing them all game long.

Also, on the first play on defense, I want Connor Barwin at DE and Cushing lined up behind Barwin. At the snap, I want Barwin dropping back into coverage and then have Cushing blitzing right where Barwin would have been. This will freak out the o-line. Heck, the tackle might even see Barwin dropping back and decide to help out the guard on a double-team on the DT.

Cushing runs in and plasters VY or makes him throw the ball before he should. Our LBs and DBs play a shallow zone on that play and gobble up the interception.
Old 11-19-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

After the first play of the game: Eric Winston punches Kayla Vanden Douche right in the face.
Old 11-19-2009   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Ummm, I don't know about y'all, but if true, this makes Finnegan one of my favorite players in the NFL, and one of the best players we fans have out there. Keep talking, Finny! AJ's got something for ya!
I'm with you! If this keeps AJ psyched up, then it's all good.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read