Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2005   #41
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
It's difficult to see much from that small little clip. You really need a game tape to see the whole field and where all the other players are. I think Wong has the smarts and mentality to make it as an ILB. I just hope his reactions are as quick inside as they were on the outside. There's no doubt we'll be a quicker team with him and Greenwood in the middle. The offseason can't end soon enough for me.

BTW No need to feel stupid. Its just an honest mistake. Happens to me all the time. :brickwall
I also believe Wong has the smarts to play inside I just hope he attacks the point of attack better than Sharper did as for Greenwood I think he will have a very strong year and will shut up alot of people who didnt like his signing. as for the off season ending I also cant wait I'm going to the Bills home opener against the al mighty Texans (hope I dont get my a** kicked when the Texans whip the Bills and I'm celebrating like crazy representing the Texans horde).
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #42
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan
I also believe Wong has the smarts to play inside I just hope he attacks the point of attack better than Sharper did
Wong is taking Foreman's spot and he will certainly attack the LOS better than Foreman did. 2002-03 Sharper was very good at attacking the LOS. He lost some of that in 2004 but was still nowhere near the Foreman level of tackling downfield.
Old 06-09-2005   #43
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Wong is taking Foreman's spot and he will certainly attack the LOS better than Foreman did. 2002-03 Sharper was very good at attacking the LOS. He lost some of that in 2004 but was still nowhere near the Foreman level of tackling downfield.
Please dont even get me started on Foreman.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #44
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Appreciate it.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #45
Dubble Trubble
Rookie

Quote:
As far as he knows he is the last line of defense. He has to do what he can to contain him until he knows for sure he has help. Let's assume Simmons wasn't behind him. Would you rather he dove at Brown and missed thus letting him get a longer run? Or would you rather he force him out of bounds and not lose him? The guy already had the 1st Down. Wong is a very smart player. I think he would've gambled and went after Brown differently if he felt he could've made the play w/o much risk.
That's what it looks like to me. I think he just started off with a bad angle of persuit, that play....plus, Brown had momentum going that direction. He wasn't going to catch him, so has to assum no one was there to help and use the sideline as that extra defender, like someone mention.

Now, the New Era begins.
Dubble Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

bad angle of pursuit? I can't see how you guys see so much in a short clip like this. Was he coming off man coverage or was he in a zone? I think you guys are grasping for stuff that you can't tell on this clip. If Wong isn't there Brown doesn't get laid out because he would have a place to run and avoid the lick.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny how things spin off--I wasn't criticizing Wong, just complimenting Peek for getting all the way across the field to be near the play. It would take a TIVO to see if Wong was doing great or poorly, not that clip.
Old 06-09-2005   #48
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

The over-analyzing every tidbit we can get ahold of is the only thing that gets us through the offseason with what little sanity we have left.

BTW I noticed in the Sea of Red picture that someone was grasping Faggins inappropriately. That should've been a flag for illegal touching, or at least a sexual harrassment case.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005   #49
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The over-analyzing every tidbit we can get ahold of is the only thing that gets us through the offseason with what little sanity we have left.

BTW I noticed in the Sea of Red picture that someone was grasping Faggins inappropriately. That should've been a flag for illegal touching, or at least a sexual harrassment case.
Could be a hazard to a player's health to jump into a crowd of crazy hometown fans like that. Luckily , he didn't lose any body parts.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005   #50
Long Baller
Rookie

One of the greatest was the energy that filled the building prior to the Sunday night game against the Packers.

But it was bitter sweet, because it was so painful to walk out that night after losing. There were so many Packer fans in our house that you just wanted to beat them soooooo bad to keep them quiet.
Old 06-10-2005   #51
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought a funny moment was when the power went out at Reliant right when Kailee Wong sacked Brees on the opener.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read