Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-16-2009   #41
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams is class act all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
So you're forgetful AND a VY homer....what a shocking coincidence.
...and seemingly a Houstonian Tit fan. No community pride whatsoever.
Old 11-16-2009   #42
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I thought he was showing Vince Young what the goal posts look like.
Nice!

This is the owner that Titans fans in Houston follow. He stole football from Houston, yet some Houstonians follow his team.
He neve lost money in Houston, he just wanted more, so he moved our team.
He mocks Houston by having his mascot wear LUV YA BLUE stuff. ...and they still follow a team based in Tennessee while Houston has a fun young team to follow.
I just don't understand Houstonians that still follow the Titans. There is no connection left to the Oilers, just some crazy old man that took our NFL team away.
Old 11-16-2009   #43
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
I just don't understand Houstonians that still follow the Titans. There is no connection left to the Oilers, just some crazy old man that took our NFL team away.
There are actually some Houstonians that follow the Titans, only because VY is on the team.

Talk about warped.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #44
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
And we have never seen this from Texans fans... come on it's not the first time that the finger has ever been given by any owner, and it won't be the last.
No actually I would never expect our OWNER ,Mr. McNair to flip someone off muttiple times from his suite.

That is something he would not do, he has more respect and class.

Texans fans is a whole different story...they are fans and will do things like this(like earlier in the year which I approved of).

Last edited by imatexan; 11-16-2009 at 04:06 PM.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #45
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss the Oilers but don't miss the Adams Family. Glad this was captured on video.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #46
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I miss the Oilers but don't miss the Adams Family. Glad this was captured on video.
Me too. I may love the team, but man does Adams make me wonder WTF I was thinking.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #47
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Me too. I may love the team, but man does Adams make me wonder WTF I was thinking.

He's had that effect on fans for years. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #48
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFan View Post
dan b.

if kerry collins was qb this coming weekend i never would have made that comment...
I think you are missing the point.

CJ looked just as good without VY's unstoppable option attack against us week 2. The Texans overcame his unbelievable rushing skills to win, mainly because Tennessee features the absolute worst pass defense in the National Football League. I do not believe that Vince plays Cornerback. And I haven't seen Tennessee do much to address this glaring weakness, other than play Buffalo, San Francisco, and Jacksonville -- three teams that just happen to be among the worst offensive teams in the NFL and thus unable to exploit the Titan's shortfalls.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Which one is the weasel/owner and which one is the mascot?

Pud Adams is human garbage!! I'm embarrassed that he still resides here.
Old 11-16-2009   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

For those of you that have never really known the inside history of the Oilers (and that includes Tacks fans), you might want to read what the Butt did to the Oilers and its hosting city................and why true Oilers fan breathe fire every time they the name Adams and the Titans even mentioned.

CHECK LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #51
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I wasn't even sure if Goodell would have the nads to fine Adams let alone $250,000. The average owner writes it off as a lesson learned and moves on, but this could kill a miser like Adams.
Old 11-16-2009   #52
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
For those of you that have never really known the inside history of the Oilers (and that includes Tacks fans), you might want to read what the Butt did to the Oilers and its hosting city................and why true Oilers fan breathe fire every time they the name Adams and the Titans even mentioned.

CHECK LINK
Another decent book is "Oiler Blues: The Story of Pro Football's Most Frustrating Team"

Old 11-16-2009   #53
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Wow, I wasn't even sure if Goodell would have the nads to fine Adams let alone $250,000. The average owner writes it off as a lesson learned and moves on, but this could kill a miser like Adams.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Bud will easily make up for the $250K fine by raising the price of concessions and parking next season.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #54
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

125,000 per bird

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #55
TitanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
So you're forgetful AND a VY homer....what a shocking coincidence.
that didn't make sense and youre a texans fan. what a shocking coincidence. (childish emoticon)

vy is as clutch as they come

as for houston, is it really up for debate as to the texans lack of clutchness?

the titans game in september was an anomly and one that you wouldve lost had kerry collins not been the choke artist loser thats hes always been
TitanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #56
TitanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think you are missing the point.

CJ looked just as good without VY's unstoppable option attack against us week 2. The Texans overcame his unbelievable rushing skills to win, mainly because Tennessee features the absolute worst pass defense in the National Football League. I do not believe that Vince plays Cornerback. And I haven't seen Tennessee do much to address this glaring weakness, other than play Buffalo, San Francisco, and Jacksonville -- three teams that just happen to be among the worst offensive teams in the NFL and thus unable to exploit the Titan's shortfalls.
true...i greatly fear the texans passing attack. greatly. all im saying is, tenn had time to march down and win the game. the texnas defense is mediocre and any qb worth his salt has to be able to make that drive. instead the unathletic texans' like unclutchness of KC derailed us before the drive could get going.

the texans played clutch on one drive, and if memory serves me (it probably doesn't this is just more conducive to my argument) didn't the texans break a huuuuuge play on that drive; ie, it wasn't clutch but just one great play? but they still shouldn't have won that game.

there no way vince is fumbling on a game winnign drive. he takes that same play kerry fumbled on and instead runs 8 yards before going out of bounds.

were hot, and with vince converting third downs all day long, the defense is getting to rest, which has been a major reason for their success on defense the last four years.

watchout houston, tennessee is hot
TitanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #57
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I imagine if VY would have been in at the start of the season, they would be 9-0

time will tell if the Titans have found a way to fix that secondary that was getting torched (maybe they have?)
Old 11-16-2009   #58
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
true...i greatly fear the texans passing attack. greatly. all im saying is, tenn had time to march down and win the game. the texnas defense is mediocre and any qb worth his salt has to be able to make that drive. instead the unathletic texans' like unclutchness of KC derailed us before the drive could get going.

the texans played clutch on one drive, and if memory serves me (it probably doesn't this is just more conducive to my argument) didn't the texans break a huuuuuge play on that drive; ie, it wasn't clutch but just one great play? but they still shouldn't have won that game.

there no way vince is fumbling on a game winnign drive. he takes that same play kerry fumbled on and instead runs 8 yards before going out of bounds.

were hot, and with vince converting third downs all day long, the defense is getting to rest, which has been a major reason for their success on defense the last four years.

watchout houston, tennessee is hot
So, wait... You are saying that Andre Johnson isn't clutch? Do you watch the Texans games at all or are you just being a little weasily troll?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #59
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but they still shouldn't have won that game.
You've probably been saying that the whole season.

AHEM... Except for the New England game! LOL
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #60
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
You've probably been saying that the whole season.

AHEM... Except for the New England game! LOL
well, Vince did outplay Collins in that one

vince was 0-2 0 yards with an INT
Collins 2-13 <-7> yards and an INT
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291018017

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read