Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-14-2009   #61
TitanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan
Default Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams

well if you could address one detail ive brought up then i could talk with you. i most certainly believe everything ive said and i say it after watching every single titan snap for the last 3 and a half years....
u could have addressed how he converts first downs, eats clock, takes pressure off his rb's and opens the game up for them (eg cutback runs from linebackers and def ends who cant over pursue bc f vince's running ability, or how he forces a defensive player to man him every single third down which opens up passing lanes, or how he plays his best in the second half and 4th quarter when games are on the line (see his 6, thats right, 6! 4th quarter comebacks in 32 games started)

the titans went 10-6 the year everyone refers to him as being a "horrible" qb. obviously his numbers werent good, but he made things happen when he ahd to. if u watch titans games you know that.

so yes, i def mean what ive been saying

did u see him break a tackle and roll to the left 2 weeks ago only to throw a bullet to the sideline at full speed across his body 18 yards down field? no one in the league could have made that throw and he made it pinpoint.

if you are a fan, which i doubt, just sit back and watch
TitanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #62
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFan View Post
well if you could address one detail ive brought up then i could talk with you. i most certainly believe everything ive said and i say it after watching every single titan snap for the last 3 and a half years....
You mean like your incorrect winning % stat?

Quote:
u could have addressed how he converts first downs, eats clock, takes pressure off his rb's and opens the game up for them (eg cutback runs from linebackers and def ends who cant over pursue bc f vince's running ability, or how he forces a defensive player to man him every single third down which opens up passing lanes,
VY's presence does help the running game. Of course the running game was going well already so that isn't all that special.

Quote:
or how he plays his best in the second half and 4th quarter when games are on the line (see his 6, thats right, 6! 4th quarter comebacks in 32 games started)
Ya sure he does. He is 2 of 8 in the 4th so far this year. Wow what an observant fan you are as a VY worshiper. VY has his worst stats in the 4th.

Career - 52.4 completion %, 9 TD's, 11 INT's, 5.7 ypa, 61.8 QB rating. Good call.

Quote:
did u see him break a tackle and roll to the left 2 weeks ago only to throw a bullet to the sideline at full speed across his body 18 yards down field? no one in the league could have made that throw and he made it pinpoint.
I know you are already mayonnaising yourself up for a manwhich with Young but bullet? - nobody in the league? LOL - yeah buddy, any other NFL QB is incapable of making an 18 yd throw.

What part of town do you live in? - maybe somebody can direct you to the nearest credibility store.
Old 11-15-2009   #63
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
After two games, it seems that VY is what Collins was last year. He might be a little more effective in the grand scheme, but he can't be much more. Last year Collins wasn't asked to win games by himself and he controlled the game by taking care of the ball and picking up the occasional 3rd down. This season when the defense went away Collins was called upon to make up the defecit and he's just not capable anymore.

So far VY has done the same this year that Collins did last year. Until CJ is shut down or the defense starts playing like they did earlier in the season we won't see if he truly is that much of an upgrade.
Aaaah... Logic. It's sooo refreshing.
rep for you my good man
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #64
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

VY is doing well for the Titans. Quite well. This is going to be tough decision time in Inbredville this offseason.

I have always been a fan of VY, sausage party and all. He did a lot for Texas football and has been pretty classy.

The Patron pics are classic but its not like it was a Village People concert. It wasn't was it?

I hope VY leaves the division myself. If they let VY go, then they have to start over at the QB position. That is music to my Texans fan ears. The fact is that Vince could start showing some of the playmaking ability he showed at Texas and Madison. He could start taking to coaching and put his time in the filmroom. I am worried about that as a Texans fan. I want him gone and playing for like Miami or Carolina or even poor ole Cleveland. Too much upside to mess with.

Let them draft some scrub like we did with Carr and the Chargers did with Leaf. Ask the Steelers how important QB play is and how hard it is to find one who can help you win. They tried to nickel and dime it for almost 3 decades before they went out and spent a 1st Round pick on a real QB prospect. Now look at them. Screw the Titans...let them overpay to draft a scrub.

My problem with VY is football related and that is that he has looked slow and does not look to have the speed to get around the end. He still has some moves though. He also looks a little overweight and STILL displays poor body language on the field. The guy is helping his team win but he needs to take the next step. Here is hoping that its not in a Titans jersey in 2010.
Old 11-15-2009   #65
TitanFan
Rookie

i cant deal with you haters anymore. i thought coming on here would be fun, defending vince from the hating trash of the world. but i cant. too much anger. too much frustration. its like arguing with a republican about the economy after they screwed the economy up.

either watch his brilliance or ***** without seeing. either way...next monday is ours and there aint a thing you can do about it. im sick of justifying a 700 winning% QB

sick of it.. watch and obey

vince is god, u r heathens...blasphemy gets u a ticket to hell. right chrsitians?

champs like us/????? baby we were born to run
Old 11-15-2009   #66
TitanFan
Rookie

i need a job...republicans fuc ked it up

i need a titan team to win...vince haters are getting in my way

violent revolution

the only answer

?

:'(
Old 11-15-2009   #67
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

violent revolution

the only answer

?

No you need a job because you are a very sad person not because of the Republicans.

You will be even more sad after Monday Night since you are soo sure the titans are going to win!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #68
TitanFan
Rookie

hahahahahahahahaha

we shall see

we shall see
Old 11-15-2009   #69
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i cant deal with you haters anymore. i thought coming on here would be fun, defending vince from the hating trash of the world. but i cant. too much anger. too much frustration. its like arguing with a republican about the economy after they screwed the economy up.

either watch his brilliance or ***** without seeing. either way...next monday is ours and there aint a thing you can do about it. im sick of justifying a 700 winning% QB

vince is god, u r heathens...blasphemy gets u a ticket to hell. right chrsitians?

Awe shucks. Now I feel so bad.

Pull the thong out of your butt, blow the candle out, light some incense and have your moment with your battery powered VY doll. It will work out for you. Well other than the good QB part. But otherwise you will be OK...well not OK but functionally abnormal.
Old 11-15-2009   #70
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

Quote:

violent revolution

the only answer

?

Proof of the stereotype.
Old 11-15-2009   #71
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Titans demolish Bills.

Watching VY is weird. He's a poor QB. He makes bad decisions. And yet they're 3-0 since his return. Im not a VY fan, but I can't argue with the results so far. They appear to be a much better team with him in the game than without him.

I think they're out for playoffs this year at 3-6, they'd have to run the table, but i think thtats why they are playing so well. Nothing to lose
Old 11-15-2009   #72
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

one thing (just going by stats)

titans passing defense

Ben Roethlisberger 363 Yds
Matt Schaub 357 Yds
Mark Sanchez 171 Yds
David Garrard 323 Yds
Peyton Manning 309 Yds
Tom Brady380 Yds
Bye
David Garrard 139 Yds
Alex Smith 286 Yds
T. Edwards 185 Yds

They have cleaned some things up (well against those QB's atleast)

http://www.nfl.com/teams/tennesseeti...edule?team=TEN
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #73
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bud wanted Vince and Fisher didnt. Fish has held that grudge ever since, never fully embracing VY even after he took an 0-5 team to 8-8 (just look at his post game interviews after the texans or nyg's game of vince's rookie season. he doesn't even bring vince up--he couldn't admit being wrong, just like so many fans and analysts out there) and then the playoffs the next year. The thought that he has held Vince on the bench for his mental health is interesting but ultimately laughable. Common guys, Vince is getting paid millions to play. Furthermore, sitting on the bench would be much tougher on the psyche than playing football for a run first team.

I think what mojo failed to say was that Fisher has been proven wrong about Vince. Fisher should lose his job for this 0-6 start and deserves 0 credit for the 2-0 turnaround since Vince took over.

Fish is Vince's and the Titans' biggest problem. Watch out for the Titans to dominate the clock when they come to Houston. Vince and CJ leading the titans on long first down drives.

we're coming
Then, as one, they begin to speak with the same voice, announcing to the world the imminent arrival of a new alien threat. 'We are coming, we are coming'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yTD8OVHj9U
the horror!
Old 11-16-2009   #74
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Wow I don't think I have seen a guy with 4 red blocks on the rep bar before ...

I think this will be a pretty tough game for a team that has nothing to lose playing a team that is pretty much a must win. On top of that we have a D that seems to have found itself and the league leader in rushing looking to be the 4th player in history to reach the 2k mark.

Glad it it MNF. Win or loss it should be a great game!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #75
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
one thing (just going by stats)

titans passing defense

Ben Roethlisberger 363 Yds
Matt Schaub 357 Yds
Mark Sanchez 171 Yds
David Garrard 323 Yds
Peyton Manning 309 Yds
Tom Brady380 Yds
Bye
David Garrard 139 Yds
Alex Smith 286 Yds
T. Edwards 185 Yds

They have cleaned some things up (well against those QB's atleast)

http://www.nfl.com/teams/tennesseeti...edule?team=TEN
Interesting you do not bring up the rushing yards ...

Old 11-16-2009   #76
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You thought Texans fans were bad talking playoffs in past years?

Go check out gotitans!

They are thinking after winning 3 games in a row after losing 6 they still have a shot at the playoffs.

We really do need to get this win next Monday to bring the titans fans back to reality!
Old 11-16-2009   #77
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
You thought Texans fans were bad talking playoffs in past years?

Go check out gotitans!

They are thinking after winning 3 games in a row after losing 6 they still have a shot at the playoffs.

We really do need to get this win next Monday to bring the titans fans back to reality!
Funny thing is if you lose you basically give up any shot at the playoffs and you are in our position ... dreaming.

Though we have actuallly made the playoffs so it is not really a dream more of remembering the good times.

BTW: when you make the playoffs you get to play more then 16 games. Just saying.

Old 11-16-2009   #78
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Funny thing is if you lose you basically give up any shot at the playoffs and you are in our position ... dreaming.

Though we have actuallly made the playoffs so it is not really a dream more of remembering the good times.

BTW: when you make the playoffs you get to play more then 16 games. Just saying.
Come on BA you have been saying that for a few years now come up with some new material.

Luckily the Texans will shut you up themself this year.
Old 11-16-2009   #79
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Come on BA you have been saying that for a few years now come up with some new material.

Luckily the Texans will shut you up themself this year.
If Slaton is on the field will our D be called for 12 men?

Old 11-16-2009   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I hope VY leaves the division myself.
Me, too. I might actually wish good things for the guy if he wasn't a Titan. (Although I would continue to push back against the "VY IS GOD" fanboys, because that's how I roll.)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read