Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-13-2009   #41
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFan View Post
i compared vince to brady and montana only bc they are 2 of 3 qbs in NFL HISTORY, with a batter career record than vince with a minimum of 30 starts. thats a fact, thats all. obviously hes not as good as the two greatest qbs to ever live
It's not a fact. It took me all of a few seconds to find one you left out and hell you should be pretty familiar with him.
Old 11-13-2009   #42
TitanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan

according to wikipedia manning has a reg winning % of 66%, which drops when u include his 7-6 playoff record.

VY's official starting record is 21-11, so your right, that is less than 66%, however, many do not count his first game comming in against the nfls best team without having practiced with the starters at all. so i guess youre right, however, if u take that first game out, he is 21-10, which without doing the match has to be just under 70%.

but, i guess youre right....the fact that he is in the conversation is everything.

the guy wins....and that includes every single game hes played against houston
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9acRrOEleC8

"'i like this, put him in the shotgun, let him throw. if its not there, let him run it. get it closer.......here come the blitzers. vince young...on the run! vince young inside the 30. off he goes. vince young inside the 20, the 10. IT. IS. OVER! Vince young has done it again. a 39 yard touch down run to end the game in over time.''vince young has a flare for the dramatic and he has done it again!''what vince young can do, this is the most exciting player in the national football league'"

this video is even better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn_Fu...eature=related

-tears of joy that day
TitanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #43
TitanFan
Rookie

bullick53, you can't be serious? vince already has a 4th quarter comeback in one of the 2 games. kerry had 3 golden opportunities to complete just one of those and he couldnt do it.

you obviously have not been watching these games. vince wouldve thrown for 300 yards against jville completing 30-36 passes if we didnt hand the ball off every single possession. vince is doing it all and hes doing it with the exact same offense KC has just a month ago.

DENIAL is a funny thing
Old 11-13-2009   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
have some sympathy for me.....i love sports. i love them. and i loved the oilers more than any sport team ever. I LOVED them. and then they left. and it was hard on all of us. instead of giving into my bitterness, i turned the tv on and watched my boys eddie and steve mcnair create a winning organization. and more importantly my uncontrollable joy would erupt everytime they won. Dont you see, you dont pick the sports team, they pick you.
Dude, you've got lots of old Oilers fans on this board that understand your pain. People in Houston lived the Oilers, and if it wasn't for one fat bastard's decision, they would be celebrating their 50th anniversary in H-town.

But, we do have a choice. You decided to follow a franchise. The Houston Oilers died, and the franchise changed the name, logo, and location. Have you ever lived in Tennessee? Heck, I've never even visited there, so I have absolutely no connection to the place.

I understand you being a fan of VY, especially as a Houstonian and Texan (the state, not the team). Dude is a sports legend in this city for his high school career and a legend in the state for his college legacy. I cannot fault anyone for liking the guy for those reasons.

However, he's a Tennessee Titan now, which is not just the former Houston franchise, but a division rival of our home team.

If the team picks you, as you stated, then you will remain a Titans fan if/when VY is not on the team. This is the only way that you can be consistent with that logic. If you stop being a Titans fan to follow VY where he goes, then your statement is false and you pick your team out of freewill.

An example: did you see the reception that Brett Favre had in Green Bay a week or so ago? Those people loved him for 16+ years, but now he's a division rival Viking. They booed like they have never booed, because they are Packers fans, not Favre fans. For many (maybe most) NFL fans, team and hometown loyalty are paramount to being the essence of a fanatic.
Old 11-13-2009   #45
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
An example: did you see the reception that Brett Favre had in Green Bay a week or so ago? Those people loved him for 16+ years, but now he's a division rival Viking. They booed like they have never booed, because they are Packers fans, not Favre fans. For many (maybe most) NFL fans, team and hometown loyalty are paramount to being the essence of a fanatic.
Piss poor example DB. Farve is merely human while VY is a God.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #46
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
vince wouldve thrown for 300 yards against jville completing 30-36 passes if we didnt hand the ball off every single possession.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
bullick53, you can't be serious? vince already has a 4th quarter comeback in one of the 2 games. kerry had 3 golden opportunities to complete just one of those and he couldnt do it.

you obviously have not been watching these games. vince wouldve thrown for 300 yards against jville completing 30-36 passes if we didnt hand the ball off every single possession. vince is doing it all and hes doing it with the exact same offense KC has just a month ago.

DENIAL is a funny thing
LOL - Bulluck is a hard core Titan fan and one who has been very reasonable on an opposing team's MB for years.

You asking VY if you can hold his sack while he packs your bag is what can't be serious.
Old 11-13-2009   #48
TitanFan
Rookie

db, i apologize for earlier post, thats a great response (eloquent as well!), but when i say you cant help who you support i mean it in a different sense. Subconciously when u feel as much passion for sports as im sure most of us do you cant control the emotion that comes out while watching.

i love love love the titans, but im so so so conflicted. to address youre brett favre comment, being a houstonian titan fan is not exactly like being born in bred in wisconsin with a team that never left. my heart is divided. i want houston to succeed in everything! this is the greatest city on earth. shoot, i have a hospital visit to my name following game 2 in chicagos south side. but having been away from houston for seven years ive lnever lived with the texans. they are less this city than i am, so in my opinion they owe me, not the other way around.

they owed me vince young, and they betrayed me. they didnt just betray me but they betrayed themselves and all of you who i care so deeply about. like i said, to watch the titans ive been going to sports bars every sunday since i turned 21 (usually alone bc no one gives a dam), so ive been watching the texans. i know the pain youre going through. the colts comebacks, the vy pain from 2006, the coaching and draftng failures mostly from the casserly era, all the goal line stands and redzone turnovers...i know its tough. i have the cure. hes houstons home grown hero and he was ready to do it on a third level for the locals.

passing on vince was like bud taking the oilers away. he was ticket in, and ive been dealing with my anger ever since. I CANT GET OVER IT, but i AM trying. im trying. goodluck next monday, because you really really really are gonna need it against vince (we had cj the first time, so dont tell me thats why u lose 2 weeks from nwo)

as far as bullick goes, he may be a good oilertitan fan, and i love him for that, but if he doubts vince young and voices these doubts and undercuts vince with comparisons to a loser like KC, then he stands in the way of Titan GLORY.
Old 11-13-2009   #49
TitanFan
Rookie

vy is a god. or atleast the closest one to hakeem olajuwon ive ever seen
Old 11-13-2009   #50
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
vy is a god. or atleast the closest one to hakeem olajuwon ive ever seen
Here, you can play with his nipples:

Old 11-13-2009   #51
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
mcnair wanted vince, kubiak didnt, they had just hried kubiak and had to let him pick his own qb.
I meant to ask earlier, but where did you get the idea that Bob McNair wanted VY? McNair is the one who picked a new HC on the condition of keeping HWNSNBM (the former #8 on the Texans). I have never heard anyone - until now - make the case that McNair wanted VY in any capacity. If anything, he would have wanted "the next Gayle Sayers", as that is the other player offered a contract pre-draft. Mario signed on the dotted line first, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Quote:
DENIAL is a funny thing
As clearly evidenced by a certain Titans/VY fan in this thread.

Quote:
db, i apologize for earlier post, thats a great response (eloquent as well!), but when i say you cant help who you support i mean it in a different sense. Subconciously when u feel as much passion for sports as im sure most of us do you cant control the emotion that comes out while watching.
Well, I appreciate the thoughts, but no need to apologize in the smack forum.

As far as the rest of your post, I certainly respect your passion. I cannot say that I admire it, simply because I root for my roots, the city of my youth, the place where my family calls home. Slug Adams betrayed this city out of greed, so it is simply a matter of honor that I despise him and his new team. He back-stabbed the football fans of this city, and these are my brethren, my brothers in arms as fans.

No offense, but you have a misplaced sense of loyalty. JMO, though, so don't let me or anyone else steal your joy in life. It's all just chosen perspective at the end of the day. My own mother harbors the same delusions about VY and the Titans, and it won't be until the Texans make the playoffs that she might actually jump on the bandwagon (if only they had won the Bironas 8 FG game that I took her to! lol).

p.s. please do return to these pages when the Titans get humiliated on the national stage in a little over a week.
Old 11-13-2009   #52
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I have a very different theory about these three guys that I have been considering.

Perhaps part of the reason that Vince Young does not have much in the way of passing statistics is that Bud Adams forced Young on Fisher against his will. Perhaps Fisher does not have a lot of confidence in Vince and is using a more conservative offense to hide Vince's shortcomings.

Just a thought.

The only way to be more conservative than a normal Jeff Fisher offense would be to punt on 3rd down.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #53
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

DENIAL is a funny thing
Remember when Merril Hoge ran up and down ESPN saying the Titans were "hiding their QB, not highlighting him?" As much as I hated him for that he is and was right. I have watched every snap VY has taken as a Titan, and the only thing has changed is his reduction of bad decisions lately. The play calling is not giving a chance to mess up. I want him to do well just like you, but that is obvious.

He may have gone for 300 vs Jax, but he didn't need to. The defense played well outside of two plays and CJ couldn't be stopped. Same thing last week. Collins may have had the same offense, but he didn't have the same defense. The offense seems to be running a little better with VY in there, almost like everyone plays harder (receivers catching balls and blocking down field, line has been playing better even without David Stewart, even Ahmard Hall has been seen more often, VY widens already huge lanes for CJ.) None of those things happened when Collins was in the game, and he gets the blame.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #54
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Old 11-13-2009   #55
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Titan fan all you are going to hear is:

"Here Vincy...Vincy.... Vincy..." Mario Williams as he hunts for the sausageman.

"Boom"- Brian Cushing followed by "Mommy" -VY
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #56
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Putting Vince Dilfer in the same sentence or same post as Olajuwon should be punishable by a group drop-kick to the face and chest.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #57
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Young will be lucky to pass for 300 yards in 3 games. Seriously the guy is not a passer. I dred him having 50 passes in a game. He would have more turnovers then a French baker!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #58
TitanFan
Rookie

this message board is now a home page. i promise i will be back. but most likely to brag and antagonize.

that 8 field goal game was almost a terrible terrible day. almost. kerry collins almost cost us, yet he gets credit for that game. turnover, redzone failures....kerry collins is awful
Old 11-13-2009   #59
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this message board is now a home page. i promise i will be back. but most likely to brag and antagonize.

that 8 field goal game was almost a terrible terrible day. almost. kerry collins almost cost us, yet he gets credit for that game. turnover, redzone failures....kerry collins is awful
Yep ... it was 35 - 7 at halftime ( I think ) and Collins almost killed y'all .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #60
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay Titan Fan are you really serious with half this stuff you've been spewing out in this thread about VY?????

I mean, hell I went to watch VY and was a huge fan of him way before he went to my favorite school that I adore in Texas, and him going there and winning a championship was just the icing on the cake for me as a fan, but come on man, you've got to be smoking some serious crack to be saying just half the stuff that you have regarding VY in this thread unless you were just joking.

VY has been really awful going back to the last two seasons man. He played okay in the last two games and all, but he was nothing close to spectacular. I root for the guy individually as well, but come on man, you have got to be joking about half of this stuff that you're saying.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read