Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-13-2009   #21
TitanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan TitanFan
Default Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams

car really set the record for completions in a row? i dont know what to think if thats true.....he was and is horrible

vince runs for first downs and make completions on third down. his teammates love him (he has an 0-6 team playing each game like its the superbowl--with the offense yelling for the defense and vice vera; a rarity in pro sports)

jeff fisher was my favorite coach of all time until about a year ago. he let his anti vy bias finally get the best of them. sure kc won at lot of games last year, but couldn't win the big ones. in fact our only tough win all of last year was over pittsburg, and thats because big ben made a ton of turnovers. fisher was great, and now hell be gone

anybody read to face john gruden or bill cower?
TitanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFan View Post
car really set the record for completions in a row? i dont know what to think if thats true.....he was and is horrible
Carr tied the then existing record which was broken by one pass shortly thereafter by the illustrious Mark Bruenell in his last year of play.

In Carr's last ignominious year with the Texans he had a completion % of 68.3 which would be 4% better than VY's best current year. Completion % means jack when the YPA are low.

Quote:
vince runs for first downs and make completions on third down.
VY does have an ability to pull rabbits. Problem is he also puts teams in a position to have to pull rabbits.

Quote:
anybody read to face john gruden or bill cower?
I'd rather face Gruden and you're never getting Cowher.
Old 11-13-2009   #23
TitanFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Wow, he did that all by himself. You're right, he's amaaaaaaaazing. He can win without the other 21 players...well, except for 11 of them.

W/L stats for QBs is lame. No other position is judged on that stat for a team sport, and it should be no different for QBs.
spoken like a true texan fan
if vy was hear, houston wouldve made the playoffs by now, garantee

and obviously he didnt do it by himeself. for half of them he did it with a team that was 0-5 before he took over and 0-6 before he took over another year.

the simple truth is, he makes others around him play better for a myriad of reasons. the two most obvious: vince is a 24/7 motivator whose confidence is infectious, and 2nd and most importantly, he just burns clock, giving everyone more energy (especially our defense)
Old 11-13-2009   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Carr tied the then existing record which was broken by one pass shortly thereafter by the illustrious Mark Bruenell in his last year of play.
Actually, Brunell and Carr are tied for that record.

Brunell set it at Reliant on September 24, 2006, in a win over the Texans. Link

Carr tied the record at Reliant on November 19, 2006 in a loss to the Bills. Link

Quote:
I spoke like an NFL fan. Nobody but myopic VY-fanboys believe the crap that you're spewing. Even many (if not most) Titans fans don't buy it.

Quote:
if vy was hear, houston wouldve made the playoffs by now, garantee
"guarantee"....?

That's just a silly statement.

Quote:
and obviously he didnt do it by himeself.
Then why do you seem to give him all the credit with W/L records? Did he play defense, too? I must have missed those highlights.

Quote:
the simple truth is, he makes others around him play better for a myriad of reasons. the two most obvious: vince is a 24/7 motivator whose confidence is infectious, and 2nd and most importantly, he just burns clock, giving everyone more energy (especially our defense)
Spoken like a true VY-fanboy.
Old 11-13-2009   #25
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if vy was hear, houston wouldve made the playoffs by now, garanteeand obviously he didnt do it by himeself. for half of them he did it with a team that was 0-5 before he took over and 0-6 before he took over another year.

Ok ... now your acting like VY is an all-time great . Dink and dunk passers dink and dunk cause A their scared of throwing it down the field because most of the time you have a small window to throw it through or you have to anticipate him coming open or B an NFL defense is Greek to them so they take the easiest route .

If Vince can move the chains with his legs then that's temporary because he'll get injured . The two best QBs ( Manning and Brees ) right now don't run they throw and miss very few games .
Old 11-13-2009   #26
TitanFan
Rookie

career winning % for QB's with atleast 30 starts. check the list.

but if you had actually read my post u would have understood that he does not get whole credit for the defense and running game, but he certainly gets part of the credit, and i have said why too.

a defense plays better when they get to rest. vy does nothing but move and move and move the ball some more

as far as completion % record, well obviously its not everything, but when his accuracu as a qb is the thing he is most oftened questioned over than his improving completion percentage and already high number serves to disprove the doubters.

why cant you all admit he is good, and that u hope you are able to beat a good qb who comes into town with extra motivation?

the whole world has gone mad! i feel like a 2004 voter after george w bush had imploded the world and was going back for more.

lets play a hypothetical game: what will u say when the titans dominate the ball, and vince leads another 4th quarter winning drive (his 7th in less than 2 full seasons, which would put him ahead of elway's pace for 4th quarter comebacks per start)??? probably that CJ is the reason we dominated clock and then point out a couple of lucky plays on the final drive. theis convo is going no where

vince could be superbowl mvp and u people would still rip on him. its disgusting and classless.

you better watch out, you better not cry, bc vy is coming to town. his town and his stadium

BOOM
Old 11-13-2009   #27
TitanFan
Rookie

minmum 30 starts:

1.otto graham,
2.tom brady,
3.joe montana
4.VINCE YOUNG

until his record season, tom brady and joe manatana got ALL their credit for winning. ALL
Old 11-13-2009   #28
TitanFan
Rookie

ill agree that without running, vince is not a great qb, but when he runs for tds on long 3rd downs or goes 10 yrds before going out of bounds to extend a drive on third down, or when he breaks a couple of tackles and makes an amzing rollout to pinpoint someone down field with a lazer to the sideline to complete yet a nother first down, then yes he is GREAT

trade schaub for VY today and the texans make the playoffs THIS YEAR. Trade for him in the offseason and the texans are a one seed in next years playoffs. schaub is an avg qb in a system just like cutler was. he chokes with the game on the line and will never be a winner.

Houston needs VY...we really really do. I promise to change my name from titanfan to texanfanatic if it happens
Old 11-13-2009   #29
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ill agree that without running, vince is not a great qb, but when he runs for tds on long 3rd downs or goes 10 yrds before going out of bounds to extend a drive on third down, or when he breaks a couple of tackles and makes an amzing rollout to pinpoint someone down field with a lazer to the sideline to complete yet a nother first down, then yes he is GREAT

trade schaub for VY today and the texans make the playoffs THIS YEAR. Trade for him in the offseason and the texans are a one seed in next years playoffs. schaub is an avg qb in a system just like cutler was. he chokes with the game on the line and will never be a winner.

Houston needs VY...we really really do. I promise to change my name from titanfan to texanfanatic if it happens
I think I speak for most posters here, we just assume you keep the name titanfan.
Old 11-13-2009   #30
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
minmum 30 starts:

1.otto graham,
2.tom brady,
3.joe montana
4.VINCE YOUNG

until his record season, tom brady and joe manatana got ALL their credit for winning. ALL
What did you use for a calculator, a monkey with some dice? Notice anybody obviously missing from beating out VY's .645 winning %? Like say Peyton and his .767 winning %. I guess you just forgot what a real QB looks like so blocked him out.
Old 11-13-2009   #31
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

After two games, it seems that VY is what Collins was last year. He might be a little more effective in the grand scheme, but he can't be much more. Last year Collins wasn't asked to win games by himself and he controlled the game by taking care of the ball and picking up the occasional 3rd down. This season when the defense went away Collins was called upon to make up the defecit and he's just not capable anymore.

So far VY has done the same this year that Collins did last year. Until CJ is shut down or the defense starts playing like they did earlier in the season we won't see if he truly is that much of an upgrade.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #32
TitanFan
Rookie

but you all have assumed a lot of things over the years and cant get a 2 win team any better than 8-8. vy is about to do it for the second time in 3 seasons

its ok, i dont let other dictate my fandom. i wanna support this city, but they crapped in my mouth when they passed on vince. redneck piece of texas a and m aggie trash that kubiak is.

guys too dumb to even know when to call timeouts. he just tooks shanihans system, brought in shanihans kid and is standing around holding his package taking credit
Old 11-13-2009   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
vince could be superbowl mvp and u people would still rip on him. its disgusting and classless.
Should that happen, I will be the first to eat crow. I'm not a blind NFL fan that views everything through Texans glasses. If VY makes that kind of turnaround, from being an athlete with sub-par QB skills and great running ability to an actual Super Bowl MVP QB, I'll call it like I see it.

You, on the other hand, need to be objective and quit acting like it has already happened. Otherwise, you have absolutely no credibility around these parts and are perceived as nothing more than a delusional VY-fanboy.

Quote:
Two of the greatest QBs in NFL history. One already in the HoF and the other in the middle of a HoF career.

You aren't serious, are you? If so, backtrack to my previous paragraph about stop acting like it's already happened. I'm trying to do you a favor here.

Quote:
Honestly, man, the Texans do not need bandwagon fans like you. You are the fan of an individual player, not the team. We had the Fresno Mafia in here for years defending the sorry QB now known as HWNSNBM (or other variations), and the last thing we need is the Austin Tea-bagging crowd invading our space.

VY will end up on some other NFL team, and then you can buy his jersey in that team's colors and pester that team's message boards. It is disingenuous to say that you are rooting for a team 87.5% of the time. It is one of the examples in the dictionary of "chump".
Old 11-13-2009   #34
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

In the last 2 games Chris Johnson has 363 Rushing with 4 TDs and Young has only 297 yards passing with 2 TDs (1 rushing 1 passing) against 2 teams with losing records.

By comparision in the last 2 games Alex Smith has 404 yards passing with 2 passing TDs also against 2 teams with losing records, but only had 194 yards rushing from Gore and STILL managed to go 1-1.

You REALLY THINK Young is the reason they are winning, not because of the big numbers Johnson is putting up? Shut down the running game and the Titans lose.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #35
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but you all have assumed a lot of things over the years and cant get a 2 win team any better than 8-8. vy is about to do it for the second time in 3 seasons

its ok, i dont let other dictate my fandom. i wanna support this city, but they crapped in my mouth when they passed on vince. redneck piece of texas a and m aggie trash that kubiak is.

guys too dumb to even know when to call timeouts. he just tooks shanihans system, brought in shanihans kid and is standing around holding his package taking credit
2006 just called and wants it's talking points back.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:

Now you've left the chump cocoon and become the wonderful Troll Butterfly that you were destined to be. Flap on home, boy.
Old 11-13-2009   #37
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow, win 2 games and all of sudden the Titans are going to 7-1 to close out the season.

Dude, pass over whatever it is you are smoking.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #38
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'll take Mario and Schaub anyday over VY and whoever . I'd take Mario over VY and the whoever .

ps. I guess now there were two folks dumb enough to think Houston was taking VY ... here's a clue ... one was VY .
Old 11-13-2009   #39
TitanFan
Rookie

i went to sleep everyday from the moment the texans got the number one pick till the day they took mario with my last little prayer before going to sleep, being that we take vince. mcnair wanted vince, kubiak didnt, they had just hried kubiak and had to let him pick his own qb. it really is a shame

have some sympathy for me.....i love sports. i love them. and i loved the oilers more than any sport team ever. I LOVED them. and then they left. and it was hard on all of us. instead of giving into my bitterness, i turned the tv on and watched my boys eddie and steve mcnair create a winning organization. and more importantly my uncontrollable joy would erupt everytime they won. Dont you see, you dont pick the sports team, they pick you. FURTHERMORE, there isn't a man on this board that lives and breathes his football team like i do. or atleast i hope not, its really a sad and pathetic existance

i compared vince to brady and montana only bc they are 2 of 3 qbs in NFL HISTORY, with a batter career record than vince with a minimum of 30 starts. thats a fact, thats all. obviously hes not as good as the two greatest qbs to ever live

as far as 87.5% of the time. well, its pretty simple. im a TITAN FAN. BUT, the texans only play the titans 12.5% of the time. i casually support the texans and want you all to do well, just not at the expense of my titans.

when and if vince leaves in the offseason i will definitely be faced with a tough decision. sadly ill probably become a texan fan if only bc my anger towards the titans will be palpable.

the truth is, my nfl life is a lonely existance where i go to sports bars every sunday for the last 6 years by myself to watch a team in tenn that no one in the world ever seems to care about. my houston friends wont support me, my father wont support me...im all alone. alteast i have vince, and as long as he keeps winning at a joe montana pace, ill defend him with every ounce of energy i have.

btw, i was run off the message board at tennessean.com because i kept calling for the papers three main writers to be fired for their anti vy sentiments.

i jsut wanna win guys. i wish you all the best, but everything i have believed since 2001 tells me that Vince Young is going to win this game in the fourth quarter. who will eat crow when it happens? i promise to eat mine if vince gets worked over by the texans defense. I PROMISE
Old 11-13-2009   #40
TitanFan
Rookie

double barrel posts with all the eloquence of a man sporting his moniker. so clever too

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read