Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-02-2009   #1
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anybody Picking Up Moats?

As a Slaton owner I think I'm going to have to hedge my bets by picking up Moats.

The ironic thing is that the best thing for the Texans might be having them share the role which could be a fantasy nightmare. I'm a Texans fan first and foremost so I will root for both these guys no matter what. Maybe best case scenario happens and they both become viable starters even while splitting carries.

Anybody else in the same situation?
Old 11-02-2009   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anybody Picking Up Moats?

my boss picked him up before i could....figures
Old 11-02-2009   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
my boss picked him up before i could....figures
Pay him back by doing a bad job, that will show him.
Old 11-02-2009   #4
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

i did...dropped OD and took Moats

texan for a texan
Old 11-02-2009   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Pay him back by doing a bad job, that will show him.
already taken care of
Old 11-02-2009   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Moats got swiped up by 1pm in my league... Some people need to back off the PC every once in awhile...

Rep to dc_tech on that post. lol
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #7
UK_Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 21 UK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performer

I picked up Moats, but stuck as who to play have a choice of

Moats
Tomlinson vs NYG
DeAngelo Williams vs Saints

Who should i go with Tomlinson and Moats?
UK_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2009   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Texan View Post
I picked up Moats, but stuck as who to play have a choice of

Moats
Tomlinson vs NYG
DeAngelo Williams vs Saints

Who should i go with Tomlinson and Moats?
I'd go with Tomlinson and Moats. The Panthers are too unpredictable. You never know who's gonna get the ball there.

I picked up Moats too. I'm also a Slaton owner. I'm gonna go with common sense and play Moats.

I'm starting to think that Kubiak is the new Mike Shanahan for fantasy owners.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #9
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

I dropped OD to pick up Moats moreso that no one else can pick him up.

Douchey but whatever, I need him to make up for my other RB's anyway.
Old 11-05-2009   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked up Moats but still have Slaton. Right now, I plan on starting Slaton this weekend. I also have Chris Johnson in my backfield.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #11
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

I still haven't decided who I am going to start.

Slaton went for 250 yards and 3 TD's against the Colts last season. 150 yards and 1 TD came the week after he was benched vs Baltimore (although that was a totally different situation). He then ran for 100+ in 4 out of the next 5 games.

I'll probably struggle with this decision right up until noon on Sunday but I think I'll probably go with Slaton, at least for this week. I see Kubiak giving Steve every opportunity to redeem himself and I'm hoping he takes advantage.
Old 11-05-2009   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I tried to get Moats but he went on the waiver wire before my pick. I would probably go Slaton for the start in your case.

Who would you start at TE, Dreessen or Watson. I would have to drop Dreeseen for Watson, I picked him up on the waiver wire when OD went down, OD was the only TE I had on my team.
Old 11-05-2009   #13
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I tried to get Moats but he went on the waiver wire before my pick. I would probably go Slaton for the start in your case.

Who would you start at TE, Dreessen or Watson. I would have to drop Dreeseen for Watson, I picked him up on the waiver wire when OD went down, OD was the only TE I had on my team.
In a standard scoring league (10yd=1point, TD=6) I would go with Dreessen. If watson doesn't score a TD, he is basically worthless.
Old 11-05-2009   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I got him and I'm gonna play him. My first 2 round picks were Steve Slaton and Lendale White. It's been downhill ever since.

There's no way that Moats doesn't get the majority of the carries after that performance last week.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't get him in either league and I think it will be fools gold truthfully. Not because he can't play but because Kubes is from the Rat Shanahan line of playing multiple backs and now that he said he has 3 in the mix I expect all 3 to get used. I think withing 2 games Slaton starts again and gets alot of carries. JMO
Old 11-05-2009   #16
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'd go with Tomlinson and Moats. The Panthers are too unpredictable. You never know who's gonna get the ball there.
Williams has got me double digit points in all but 2 weeks this year. He has only had 20+ game however, but he is still a pretty reliable fantasy back.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I picked up Moats this week and will start him in the W/R flex spot this week. All of my backups are on byes and so is Adrian Peterson. Literally, ALL of my backups are on it. That includes Chester Taylor, Justin Fargas, and Jamal Lewis.

So i'm rocking the Addai/Sproles/and Moats combo this week

this is in one of the TexansTalk leagues in which i'm losing ground really fast too. I had first place now i'm down to third.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read