Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-05-2009   #21
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 21276 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Simmons says Jeff Fisher sucks

I used to really like his columns, then the Super Bowl in Houston happened and he absolutely bagged on Houston. Complained and said how it sucked and ever since then I've been not so into his stuff as much. He loves his East Coast and beyond that everyone else seems to suck.

I still enjoy his stuff but he hits on Houston pretty hard. As for Schaub and his noodle arm, at some point the media will pay attention to what our team is doing now versus what has happened in the past. Until we make some real waves that will never happen.
Old 11-05-2009   #22
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC View Post
I used to really like his columns, then the Super Bowl in Houston happened and he absolutely bagged on Houston. Complained and said how it sucked and ever since then I've been not so into his stuff as much. He loves his East Coast and beyond that everyone else seems to suck.
I still enjoy his stuff but he hits on Houston pretty hard. As for Schaub and his noodle arm, at some point the media will pay attention to what our team is doing now versus what has happened in the past. Until we make some real waves that will never happen.

He did bag on Houston about the SB but then came back and said Houston was great for the All-Star game. I don't mind that they ragged on Houston for the SB. It was a first class event but many of the writers, including him, were put in hotels 30-45 minutes from downtown...well distance not that far, but with traffic they were. If you came into town and were stuck half the time, etc you might not have a great impression. I used to think the palce was a dump when I visited friends and drove in off 45.

He constantly talks about how Daryly Morey, a friend of his, is a genius and calls him Dork Elvis. He loves the Rockets and even has been on the Texans bandwagon before. I love Simmons stuff and think, despite his Boston talk, has been pretty good with the non-bias stuff...especially since he is a Clipper season ticket holder. I jusy wish he would mix it up with his current event talk and stop so much NBA talk. He can cut back on podcasts and do more columns again too.
Old 11-05-2009   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Until last year the Titans had always been near the bottom and clearly under the salary cap. I remember in 2007 they were 31st in spending only beating out Buffalo at 32nd.
Salary cap isn't really indicative of what a team is spending. You need to look at payroll. A team could sign a Haynesworth to a contract with a $10 mil signing bonus and vet minimum first year with a $10 mil roster bonus due in the 2nd year - on a 7 year deal. The first year cap will only be about $1.5 mil but the team has spent $10.5 mil. The Texans for instance have often been under the salary cap and that with lots of dead money, but if you look at their payroll they have been near the top of the league.
Old 11-05-2009   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Salary cap isn't really indicative of what a team is spending. You need to look at payroll. A team could sign a Haynesworth to a contract with a $10 mil signing bonus and vet minimum first year with a $10 mil roster bonus due in the 2nd year - on a 7 year deal. The first year cap will only be about $1.5 mil but the team has spent $10.5 mil. The Texans for instance have often been under the salary cap and that with lots of dead money, but if you look at their payroll they have been near the top of the league.
To help illustrate this clicky, linky: Moneyball, NFL Style

Team Dollars, in millions
1. Cowboys.... $566.89
2. Seahawks... $552.42
3. Redskins..... $547.37
4. Colts......... $532.77
5. Vikings....... $526.87
6. Texans...... $522.23

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read