Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-30-2009   #21
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is this site more active than HT.com?

Quote:
Why is this site more active than HT.com?
Bill.

Old 10-30-2009   #22
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
because im here =] i make and stuped posts look good
Perhaps someone is doing it on purpose.

Hmmm,

imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #23
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

There's another board?

Note: This post comes with a free helping of sarcasm. Enjoy at your own risk.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Yeah I was devastated a few years back when the news came that the main HT.com message board was receiving an overhaul. I made the switch (it sucked) for a few weeks until I got an email from Vinny (I am pretty sure he was the one) that this site was opening up with a ton of the old members. Needless to say, I haven't looked back.

That's exactly how it happened with me. It does take time and lots of ongoing hard effort to maintain this board at the high level that has come to be expected. The "founder{s}" and Administrators are the true unsung heroes for affording us a great fan-based meeting place.............of the "people," by the "people," for the "people."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #25
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I went back to the old board last week, after not signing on since April. Was lame. Could not stand it at all. It's like a bunch of johnsonfans posting in one place.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #26
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...408#post688408

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I can't believe it, I had no clue about this board.

Yes I have been posting a little on the "official board", only because I didn't know about this one. I have been longing for the old board, it feels like I am back home, like I just walked in the doors at Cheers or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Don't worry, it is pretty hard to find. The only reason I found this board was someone replied to an old thread that I was subscribed to and it generated an email to me (thanks T.A.).

I only have like 20 posts since March on that other board, there is very little of any value over there, at least right now during offseason anyway. But this is great to have found this board and alot of my old friends, I had given up on being able to plug in with other true fans.
Old 10-30-2009   #27
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

i think it because of the true fans are allways online....when you need them and thats why we have drawn close to being beter then packed ht.com
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

For the record, there is a big overlap of admin and mods from here to there. The Texans for whatever reason will not let us have more than a few mods at that site. When everything moved here the mods did as did their loyalties as well. Only a few of us are trying to moderate the official MB now. We try, but this is a volunteer gig. I try to catch the egregious conduct but it is an uphill battle. Fact is when the fan base from the old TT merged with the old HT it was game over for a long time. 99% of the hard core fans were on one of the two and now are here. Tough to maintain a good MB when all they let you have is a couple mods riding burros trying to herd cats.
Old 10-31-2009   #29
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I stayed at the official forums for like 4 months after the switch, until i found this place somehow. I'm glad i found it though, i hated the other forums.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read