Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-30-2009   #21
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: 'Corporate' Tailgaters Taking over Blue Lot!!!

Send them to the Brown or Maroon lots!
Old 10-30-2009   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
I didn't see them as I was too busy having an incredible time with the rest of the workin' folk! I'm pretty sure there isn't a whole lot of that corporate BS in the Yellow as compared to Blue or Platinum. I've been hearing about alot of the corporate BS in Blue...not too sure about some of the others though.

I haven't seen ANY corporate folks in Platinum at all, unless you want to call ShinerBock (sp) corp, and they have been there since day one, when we were Blue. Just good old fashioned tailgating with everyone getting along. In fact, I have noticed a lot more individual tailgaters this year than ever before in platinum. A lot of familiies, or just a few good friends setting up tents. I think our group, Raging Bull, Gridiron 6 (I think that's what they are called) are the largest groups in platinum. Wherever you are, whatever you do, whenever you decide to show up, just relax and have a good time with your friends. It should NEVER be about which lot is bigger or better, or which group is the most awesome, or has the best time. It's about good food, good friends, and GREAT football!! (thanks Andy!!)
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #23
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 37686 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I haven't seen ANY corporate folks in Platinum at all, unless you want to call ShinerBock (sp) corp, and they have been there since day one, when we were Blue.
Never seen Shiner Bock there. Did you mean St. Arnolds Brewery?
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Yup. She meant St. Arnolds.
Old 10-30-2009   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Yea, my bad!! You can tell I'm not much of a drinker! I still don't understand what the difference is in a BudLite, MillerLite, or a CoorsLite! (sp) off on that also. lol St. Arnold's can't set up until after 10 on Sundays, so I've been told. They do have the best root beer in the Country for sure!! Great bunch of fans! I love going by their tailgate, and they have front row seats in the Bullpen, and rep our Texans with all the passion and excitement you could ask from any fan. They ROCK!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #26
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

How about send them to the Blue Suite lot that always seems to have all those empty spaces in it.
Old 10-30-2009   #27
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It should NEVER be about which lot is bigger or better, or which group is the most awesome, or has the best time. It's about good food, good friends, and GREAT football!!
Agreed 100%...except without the unnecessary corporate piles of dung...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #28
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not think "Corporate" tailgates should have any advantage over any other tailgate when it comes to where they park within the lot. They should have to wait out side the gate just like everyone else.
The only ones who should be let in early are the previous years tailgater of the year. That is my opinion.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #29
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
This is what you need to do, since there are no reserving spaces, just park with your people anyways.. They cannot cone places off, they cannot stand there and hold them, they cannot put a chair there.. If they have the passes in their vehicle, that is one thing, but if they just have 1 pass and are holding 3 others or whatever, just pull in there and park. If they have a problem with it, too bad. The TexansGameday Ambassadors need to be more assertive on that, as the ones in the Orange lot care for the people.
The book that came with the tickets this year states that there is no saving of spots, use your rights as well as a ticket holder and do what you gotta do. Now I am not saying to be ugly about it, but if you are there first and have the pass and they cannot show you enough passes for the spaces, then have at it !!
No, that's not what Mean Machine is saying. For the Blue Lot, we have to wait out on Kirby til 8am. When they let us in last time, there was a huge tent set up in prime spots that us and our neighbors have been using since day one. It had a fence around it, and it took up 26 spaces. No one showed up til around 10:30, but it was set up well before 8am.
If the Texans want to sell to this big parties, that's great. But, why drop them in on ANY LOT now? There is plenty of space near the old Astroworld site. They would have been just as happy over there.
Old 10-30-2009   #30
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Smile Re: 'Corporate' Tailgaters Taking over Blue Lot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
send 'em over to Red...we're friendly folk over here.
Texans! Send the big tents that set up at 7am to the Red! They have an offer from a friendly Red Lot Fan!
Old 10-30-2009   #31
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Smile Re: 'Corporate' Tailgaters Taking over Blue Lot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
How about send them to the Blue Suite lot that always seems to have all those empty spaces in it.
A fine idea, Vinnie!
Old 10-30-2009   #32
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 'Corporate' Tailgaters Taking over Blue Lot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
They should put all the corporate tailgates in there. Right next to the Texican dance club.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #33
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 'Corporate' Tailgaters Taking over Blue Lot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I do not think "Corporate" tailgates should have any advantage over any other tailgate when it comes to where they park within the lot. They should have to wait out side the gate just like everyone else.
The only ones who should be let in early are the previous years tailgater of the year. That is my opinion.......
I agree, but the cash flow does not.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #34
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
No, that's not what Mean Machine is saying. For the Blue Lot, we have to wait out on Kirby til 8am. When they let us in last time, there was a huge tent set up in prime spots that us and our neighbors have been using since day one. It had a fence around it, and it took up 26 spaces. No one showed up til around 10:30, but it was set up well before 8am.
If the Texans want to sell to this big parties, that's great. But, why drop them in on ANY LOT now? There is plenty of space near the old Astroworld site. They would have been just as happy over there.
OK, well I sit corrected... I would be a little PO as well..As Yankee said it is the cash flow that is talking. Keep on the Texans about it, if you stop complaining, then you know the end result. A few years ago in the Orange, Miller Lite had a big setup and were in early, well alot of us complained and told them what we thought and we didn't think anything would have been done being ML is a big sponsor, well the following game, they were set up over in the corner of the Blue Lot. Keep on the Texans for answers at least..Good Luck !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #35
KingwoodTexansFan
KWTXN

Section: 605 Gridiron TEXAS!!!
Rep Power: 0 KingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Battle Red said, the large setup in the Blue Lot last week was adjacent to Pole 22. I've got some folks in my tailgate group that have tried for years to get Blue Lot parking only to be told by the Texans that the lot is sold out. If that's the case, how can a group come in and purchase 26 spots in a sold-out lot?

Apparently, it's only sold out if you want 1 spot... if you want 26... NO PROBLEM!!
Old 10-30-2009   #36
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Send them to the Brown or Maroon lots!
Ain't no partyin' in the Brown Lot anymore..as if there ever was much. I think they yanked the Port-o-cans over there too.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #37
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Well this is why we chant "Blue Lot Sucks" every week at Shotgun 30

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read