Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-06-2005   #21
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
True its a scrimmage but we dont get to see them in the season (and they wont make the playoffs) so might as well hit em! I dont hate DD as a person he just plain and simply a terrible RB in my judgement. If any team is crappy they blame it on the O-line so I really dont wanna hear any "his line sucks." Some guy on the Bucs board started a topic about whose better Pittman or Davis. I say Pittman and I know ill take alot of heat but hes atleast soild. Pittman had like 950 yds. in 13 games DD had 1200 in 16 games. I think Pittman is better.
How many catches did Pittman have tho? DD had 68 catches for 8 ypc... DD might not be the best running back ever, but he is definity a good back. Reminds me of Marshal Faulk, but without the spin move.
Old 06-06-2005   #22
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
How many catches did Pittman have tho? DD had 68 catches for 8 ypc... DD might not be the best running back ever, but he is definity a good back. Reminds me of Marshal Faulk, but without the spin move.
Faulk was fast!!!!! DD look like he is too slow to hit the holes and he couldnt run a Corner over. Ok hes quick big deal and its not that hard to catch out of the backfield 90% of all RB can do it maybe not as good but still good enough. As far as the guy that says Hambrick and Dayne are terrbile. I agree with Hambrick but Dayne was never THE GUY in NYG. Dont judge him when hes a backup. Disagree if you want but DD is slow little and there arent many backs that are good if there like that.
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DD look like he is too slow to hit the holes and he couldnt run a Corner over.
OK your DD stole my lollipop vendetta starts looking really silly when you make statements like this one. One of the first things most commentators compliment DD on is his ability to hit the hole decisively.

Example:

Quote:
Has above-average speed and explosiveness Shows good initial quickness through the hole and has the short-area burst and acceleration to get into the second level Displays good balance and has the hip swerve and wiggle to make the first tackler miss
Link

As for the CB comment, it just makes it look like you have never seen DD run.
Old 06-06-2005   #24
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Disagree if you want but DD is slow little and there arent many backs that are good if there like that.
DD 5'9" 221

Curtis Martin 5'11" 210

Shaun Alexander 5'11" 225

Tiki Barber 5'10" 200

Derrick Blaylock 5'9" 210

Warrick Dunn 5'9" 180

Travis Henry 5'9" 215

Priest Holmes 5'9" 213

Rudi Johnson 5'10" 220

Julius Jones 5'9" 210

Clinton Portis 5'11" 205

LT 5'10" 221

Brian Westbrook 5'10" 205

There's obviously no place for little guys in the backfield.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005   #25
PeekFan24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
DD 5'9" 221

Curtis Martin 5'11" 210

Shaun Alexander 5'11" 225

Tiki Barber 5'10" 200

Derrick Blaylock 5'9" 210

Warrick Dunn 5'9" 180

Travis Henry 5'9" 215

Priest Holmes 5'9" 213

Rudi Johnson 5'10" 220

Julius Jones 5'9" 210

Clinton Portis 5'11" 205

LT 5'10" 221

Brian Westbrook 5'10" 205

There's obviously no place for little guys in the backfield.
Looks like somebody just got SERVED! Nice post texasguy346!
PeekFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read