Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-27-2009   #21
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This week's least surprising news - Bud name Vince Starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
You're not a Texans fan first. You're a Titans hater first.

I'm a Texans fan first. Go Titans.
Wow, that's a hard one for me personally. Do I hate the Titans more or love the Texans more? Tough call.

I will say the Titans hater side of me is 6-0 right now, while the Texans lover of me is 4-3.

Regardless, I am rooting for 0-7 so you can interpret that as you wish. It is only the mid part of the season. The Texans will have plenty of time to separate themselves from Jacksonville.

Now if this were the last week of the season and the Titans had to win to put the Texans into the playoffs, I could live with them winning for just one week I guess.

BTW, no matter what the situation you would NEVER see me say or type "Go T*t*ns". See I couldn't even do it there, unless the words "to hell" separated those 2 words.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #22
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Wow, that's a hard one for me personally. Do I hate the Titans more or love the Texans more? Tough call.

I will say the Titans hater side of me is 6-0 right now, while the Texans lover of me is 4-3.

Regardless, I am rooting for 0-7 so you can interpret that as you wish. It is only the mid part of the season. The Texans will have plenty of time to separate themselves from Jacksonville.

Now if this were the last week of the season and the Titans had to win to put the Texans into the playoffs, I could live with them winning for just one week I guess.

BTW, no matter what the situation you would NEVER see me say or type "Go T*t*ns". See I couldn't even do it there, unless the words "to hell" separated those 2 words.
This. Every Titans loss gives me a little more joy.

I can see the other side though. If Vince comes in and they win 3 straight, there will at least be some hype for the MNF game. It'll also give Jacksonville and Buffalo kicks in the crotch that could benefit us at the end of the year.

For me that's not enough to root for Vince and Tennessee in a division game midseason.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #23
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think Vince can be an outstanding QB in the NFL. Obviously he is going to have to grow up and act like a man. He is going to have to start taking responsibility for his own actions, and pushing through difficult times and situations. He cannot just sit down and pout or go on suicide watch every time things get tough for him.

Also, he needs to become a dedicated, perhaps even obsessive, student of the game. He needs to work hard to improve his skills and his understanding of his craft. Those are a lot of ifs, but they are all very achievable, if he will commit himself to the task. If he does this, I would not be surprised at all to see Vince Young in the Pro Bowl again some day.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #24
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Haha. I'm not saying you or anyone else but it's kinda time for me to let it go. I've got a new team here that wants to be here and they're playing their asses off for us right now. If they need a Titans win, then by gosh, I'm going to root for a Titans win. It does give me the heebiewillies saying that but whatever it takes for the Houston Texans.

I do root for the Titans to lose every chance I get. Just not if it helps the Texans. We need the tiebreaker that much at this point in time merely because we lost to Jacksonville. I hate them so much but whatever it takes.

My number one hated team... Cowgirls then it'd be the Titans.
Old 10-27-2009   #25
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I still think Vince can be an outstanding QB in the NFL. Obviously he is going to have to grow up and act like a man. He is going to have to start taking responsibility for his own actions, and pushing through difficult times and situations. He cannot just sit down and pout or go on suicide watch every time things get tough for him.

Also, he needs to become a dedicated, perhaps even obsessive, student of the game. He needs to work hard to improve his skills and his understanding of his craft. Those are a lot of ifs, but they are all very achievable, if he will commit himself to the task. If he does this, I would not be surprised at all to see Vince Young in the Pro Bowl again some day.
If ANY QB with talent adhered to that criterion, they'd all be probowlers.
Old 10-27-2009   #26
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If ANY QB with talent adhered to that criterion, they'd all be probowlers.
Signed JaMarcus Russell!
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #27
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Signed JaMarcus Russell!
Is he adhering to that criterion?

That'll be a big fat no. Pun intended, FlubbyMarcus
Old 10-27-2009   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win out, no problemo.
Old 10-27-2009   #29
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I couldn't root for the Titans if my life depended on it - or even the Texans going to the playoffs. As far as I can go is to not be a lot unhappy if they win.

I do hope VY does get to play because I think that will probably be a very amusing game from a Titan Hater point of view.

I have heard that Vince isn't the most well-liked guy in the locker room - can't imagine why. Couple that with his lackluster play over the past few years and I can see why Fisher doesn't want Vince at the helm. I, on the other hand, can't wait to see him back! The first set of Boo's from the fans will have him running away again.

Couldn't happen to a better owner, imho.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #30
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm a Texans fan first. Go Titans.
You're a Texan fan first, so you're rooting for the Titans? That doesn't make sense unless the game mattered for the playoff hunt, and it doesn't right now. They haven't even played half of their games & Houston still has one game against Jacksonville. If Houston can't outplay J-ville the rest of the year they simply don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I honestly don't want to see the Titans have any success.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Go Titans.
I'm blaming you if the Titans bring in VY and go 10-6.

Quote:

Word up! This is pretty much how I feel, as well. I would not be rooting for the Titans to win, but rather whoever they were playing to lose so we can get in the playoffs.

Then I would put some dish liquid soap and hydrochloric acid in my ears and scrub my brain with sandpaper, erasing all memory of such an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
For me that's not enough to root for Vince and Tennessee in a division game midseason.
Exactly!! It's only some far-fetched scenario at the end of the season that would even make me consider selling out my soul for such a thing, and that hardly ever happens (and never happens to this point for the Texans...obviously).

Quote:
Haha. I'm not saying you or anyone else but it's kinda time for me to let it go.
I would if I could watch NFLN and not see this:

Quote:
My number one hated team... Cowgirls then it'd be the Titans.
See, I'm the opposite. I used to hate the Cowboys, but all of that got eclipsed by the intense, burning hatred for Slug's team. Now I strongly dislike Dallas, but even my 7 yo knows the rule of the house and when it's actually o.k. to root for the Cowboys: when they play the Titans!

p.s. Why do you hate the Cowboys? What did they do to you? If you're honest with yourself as a Houston fan, you'll see the envy for what it is...not that there's anything wrong with it.
Old 10-27-2009   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
oh yes they can do worse...0-16 is much worse than 0-6!

Root for the Titans?! NEVER!!!
This!
Old 10-27-2009   #33
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
I'm blaming you if the Titans bring in VY and go 10-6.

Word up! This is pretty much how I feel, as well. I would not be rooting for the Titans to win, but rather whoever they were playing to lose so we can get in the playoffs.

Then I would put some dish liquid soap and hydrochloric acid in my ears and scrub my brain with sandpaper, erasing all memory of such an event.

Exactly!! It's only some far-fetched scenario at the end of the season that would even make me consider selling out my soul for such a thing, and that hardly ever happens (and never happens to this point for the Texans...obviously).

I would if I could watch NFLN and not see this:

See, I'm the opposite. I used to hate the Cowboys, but all of that got eclipsed by the intense, burning hatred for Slug's team. Now I strongly dislike Dallas, but even my 7 yo knows the rule of the house and when it's actually o.k. to root for the Cowboys: when they play the Titans!

p.s. Why do you hate the Cowboys? What did they do to you? If you're honest with yourself as a Houston fan, you'll see the envy for what it is...not that there's anything wrong with it.
The uniforms are wrong and something should be done about it. That was our team.

Oh it's got nothing to do with envy. I loved the Governor's cup back in the day and I wanted it every time we played whether it be preseason or not. Thus I developed an intense hatred for intra-state teams no matter the sport. I hate the Spurs and Mavericks. I hate the North Stars. I hate the Rangers. And most of all... I hate the Cowgirls.
Old 10-27-2009   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

NP, Nitro, I was just yanking your chain.

So the question is: would you root for the Cowboys if they were playing the Jaguars this week?
Old 10-27-2009   #35
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
NP, Nitro, I was just yanking your chain.
It was still a good question. You learned something about me, yanking or not.
Old 10-27-2009   #36
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care what the Tacks do, as long as we beat them when we play them. Let 'em start VY, we have the better QB anyway. The Titans are done for this year, so now they can just be jerks and spoil other's playoff runs, which is the only thing that scares me about them.

And that Monday night game we got coming up, they'll be up for it even if they are still zip in the win collumn. You just know they will.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #37
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The uniforms are wrong and something should be done about it. That was our team.

Oh it's got nothing to do with envy. I loved the Governor's cup back in the day and I wanted it every time we played whether it be preseason or not. Thus I developed an intense hatred for intra-state teams no matter the sport. I hate the Spurs and Mavericks. I hate the North Stars. I hate the Rangers. And most of all... I hate the Cowgirls.
I couldn't be more opposite than you. I root for most of the teams in Texas, unless they're playing my favorite team in the State. I'm not a Cowboy fan, and don't claim to be, but my hatred for them doesn't even come close to the Titans. It's hard for me to actually hate a team that Houston doesn't play but once every four years. Same thing with the Texas Rangers. I only root against them 6 times a year. All of which come against the Astros. I don't hate any team that is from Texas.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #38
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I couldn't be more opposite than you. I root for most of the teams in Texas, unless they're playing my favorite team in the State. I'm not a Cowboy fan, and don't claim to be, but my hatred for them doesn't even come close to the Titans. It's hard for me to actually hate a team that Houston doesn't play but once every four years. Same thing with the Texas Rangers. I only root against them 6 times a year. All of which come against the Astros.
I know. Most people are like you. I always get the exasperated WHY!? They're from Texas too!
Old 10-27-2009   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know. Most people are like you. I always get the exasperated WHY!? They're from Texas too!

I'm there with you, I hate the Cowgirls more than any team in the NFL. More than the Tacks, Colts and Kittens put togeather. Screw the Cowturds. I hope their new stadium falls in and they move to Jacksonville after the Jacks move to LA. hahahahahahaha

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

We have so much discrimination on this board. I hate them both equally.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read