Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-26-2009   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fantasy Trade Advice

I give Ronnie Brown.

I get Greg Jennings and Rashard Mendenhall.

My current WR's are Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Nate Washington. (Have to start 2)
My current RB's are DeAngelo Williams, Ronnie Brown, Darren Sproles, Ricky Williams, LeSean McCoy and Derrick Ward. (Have to start 2)

I also have one flex spot.

Personally I think this is a good deal. I get a 2nd decent WR since TO has tanked this year, and I still get a starter (for now) in Mendenhall.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 62699 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Trade Advice

Ronnie Brown has been a fantasy monster. I really wouldn't trade him for a 2nd tier WR and a RB on a pass first team (Pitt is a pass first team) that shares carries and is liable to lose his spot if Parker eve comes around
Old 10-26-2009   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Ronnie Brown is getting the ball as we speak. Don't give that up. Jennings has kind of disappointed in FF. I wouldn't do this trade because your other RBs don't look like they produce many points either.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #4
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Ronnie Brown has been a fantasy monster. I really wouldn't trade him for a 2nd tier WR and a RB on a pass first team (Pitt is a pass first team) that shares carries and is liable to lose his spot if Parker eve comes around
I hear ya.

You would rather start Moss with TO, or Nate Washington, and have DeAngelo Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Ricky Williams, than start Moss with Jennings, and have DeAngelo Williams, Rashard Mendenhall and Ricky Williams?
Old 10-26-2009   #5
Blake
MMQB

I also have Cadillac Williams, but he has been very inconsistent on a bad TAMPA team.
Old 10-26-2009   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

No way I'd trade Ronnie Brown either.

Your WR's are pretty weak this year, but you'd be trading for one that's even weaker.

Mendenhall is also somewhat suspect at this point IMO.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #7
Blake
MMQB

The general consensus seems to be dont trade away Ronnie Brown.

Granted its nice having 2 work horses each week with DeAngelo and Ronnie, but I was just considering the trade since I am tired of TO and think Jennings will pick it up. But maybe not.
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2009   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I give Ronnie Brown.

I get Greg Jennings and Rashard Mendenhall.

My current WR's are Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Nate Washington. (Have to start 2)
My current RB's are DeAngelo Williams, Ronnie Brown, Darren Sproles, Ricky Williams, LeSean McCoy and Derrick Ward. (Have to start 2)

I also have one flex spot.

Personally I think this is a good deal. I get a 2nd decent WR since TO has tanked this year, and I still get a starter (for now) in Mendenhall.

I would do that trade in a second. You're getting guys who both have the ability to be fantasy studs for one guy that is a fantasy stud. Jennings is still a great start every week and will have a few great weeks I can assure you down the stretch. Mendenhall is a beast. They just need to run block better for him. Hell, they just played the Steelers man. He's big and fast and truck it up the middle. He's a very good GL guy to have as well. The Steelers are a very good offense this season and have been scoring most of their TD's off of passing plays, but that could eventually change and they could start getting a lot more rushing TD's down the stretch.

As for Brown, yeah, he's a stud, but he's not going to be having all of these 20 point games every week either. Ricky is playing great as well, and he'll eventually start stealing more points from Brown as he did this weekend. I've been saying that for two weeks now, since I almost traded for Brown in my league. I'm glad that I didn't because I ended up with Ray Rice and got him for less any way.

I would definitely do this trade because it makes you better at WR and you're still getting a very good RB who has a lot of potential.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd also keep a real close eye on the waiver wire for replacement WR's.

I picked up Mike Sims-Walker and Austin Collie and they're outperforming my glue factory candidates...namely R. Moss, and H. Ward.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #10
Blake
MMQB

Got Greg Jennings for Ricky Williams straight up. I dont think Ill make another trade all season.

Starting Lineup:

QB: Matt Shaub
RB: DeAngelo Williams
RB: Ronnie Brown
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Greg Jennings
TE: Kellen Winslow
K: Robbie Gould
DEF: New England

WR Backups: Terrell Owens, Nate Washington
RB Backups: Carnell Williams, Derrick Ward, Darren Sproles, LeSean McCoy.
TE Backup: Brent Celek
DEF Backup: Miami
QB Backup: Matt Hasselbeck

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read