Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-21-2009   #181
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-6 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

I agree that he shouldn't have done it, but I don't see it as anything that should lead him to getting fired. I just think some people need to realize that its just a game and he was simply having fun and setting the mood at what they wanted to be a fun event. I'm not calling you out, BA, but a lot of Titans fans seem ready to pull trigger after these past six weeks and now this.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #182
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-6 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Jeff should wear a Titans uniform and play defensive back for you guys.

Old 10-21-2009   #183
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather him return punts
Old 10-21-2009   #184
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I think a lot of it comes from the fact that we are 0-6. If 6-0 even 3-3 people probably would have laughed it off. When you are 0-6 coming off a game where the entire team quit on him I think it was a pretty bone head move.
I 100% agree with this. If you are upset with someone about something, their jokes (no matter how funny) just aren't funny.

Titans fans aren't liking him right now and to do that right now looks like he is either asking to be fired or just stopped caring. Maybe that is not the case but it is the impression it gives.

What a bizarre season for that franchise.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #185
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I 100% agree with this. If you are upset with someone about something, their jokes (no matter how funny) just aren't funny.

Titans fans aren't liking him right now and to do that right now looks like he is either asking to be fired or just stopped caring. Maybe that is not the case but it is the impression it gives.

What a bizarre season for that franchise.
I take the other approach to all of this: This is no big deal.

Is he supposed to go into deep depression and wear a black arm band, and mourn this bad season? To me, he's showing that he's above the game.

He's saying that his life in football is beyond (a) being the Titans' head coach, and (b) having fun only if he's winning. If anything, he made me respect him for having the ability to relax a little.

Plus, he and the Colts are goooood buddies. One team laid down for the other in the last regular season game...easily ensuring a playoff spot instead of trying to make them earn it the hard way.

IIRC, the Braves were also involved in a lay-down game with some other team which screwed the Astros from a playoff spot.
Old 10-22-2009   #186
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I agree that he shouldn't have done it, but I don't see it as anything that should lead him to getting fired. I just think some people need to realize that its just a game and he was simply having fun and setting the mood at what they wanted to be a fun event. I'm not calling you out, BA, but a lot of Titans fans seem ready to pull trigger after these past six weeks and now this.
Many folks say "it's just a game", which it is at it's core, but it's also a multi-billion dollar industry and part of professional sports which is the 6th largest industry in our economy.

While I can laugh at the Titans current plight, I wouldn't be happy to see our HC doing such a stunt during an 0-6 start and after a 59-0 ass kicking. Heck, by that point in the Texans 2-14 season, pink soap avatars were taking over and the "Fire Capers Club" was in full force. Titans fans are facing a bigger disappointment after a 13-3 season and a playoff appearance. That's a helluva' long fall.

I still don't understand one thing about the incident: what does wearing a division rival's jersey have to do with a charity event? He could have introduced Dungy without all this clown stuff, and to be honest, it's pandering to an audience in an act that can be perceived as betrayal, disrespect, and ridicule by some fans and players.
Old 10-22-2009   #187
Bulluck53
All Pro

People have talked on the radio and tv about him trying to boost the spirits of the crowd, in order to get more donations for the charity. It makes sense and Fish is a smart guy, I'm sure if thats the case he thought of that well in advance, even before the 59-0 drubbing. He is so arrogant he probably likes this attention, and in return is giving the charity even more pub.

I can understand why people don't like it, and why it is kind of a big deal. But I don't see a grown individual can actually be offended by it. Thats bizarre to me, its a game, its a business and he's using his status to get publicity for himself and this charity. This team hit rock bottom at 59-0, can't get much more of a laughing stock than that.

The crowd, in Nashville, laughed. I would imagine a lot of those people to be Titans fans.
Old 10-22-2009   #188
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

First off. Titans suck this year and the Fisher thing is just off the charts hilarious. Take your medicine, Titans fan.

I have always been a big Fisher guy, but he needs to leave the 'real' comedy to comic geniuses like Gallagher and The Cable Guy. I bet he has a great sense of humor and I have seen it before, but this failed and I can't understand what he was thinking. Coaching football does not make you funny. I love Fish and hope this doesn't define him.

Maybe he is trying to get fired because he doesn't want to work for Adams and the Titans anymore. Maybe the whole McNair thing has gotten him kinda flustered and numb to the NFL. Would Fisher go so far as to do this to motivate his team? That would be some serious double-reverse ancient Jedi mind trick. One thing is for sure, if Bud fires Fisher you better prepare for some really crappy teams in Nashville.

I also think they need to start VY or cut him now. They aren't going to keep him next year unless he turns his entire game/career around with only 10 weeks left, so why keep him if he is so bad he isn't even worth giving a start when your 0-6 and circling the drain. It can't be helping team chemistry having your highest paid player do nothing for you. Remember, we had Carr for 5 years, we know how much it sucks to pay top$$ for garbage.
Old 10-23-2009   #189
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
First off. Titans suck this year and the Fisher thing is just off the charts hilarious. Take your medicine, Titans fan.
I stopped there...
Old 10-23-2009   #190
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

since this is their bye week i think it should say the titans are still 0-6.
Old 10-23-2009   #191
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
They do that to prevent SPAM accounts. Almost all SPAM accounts register with free email accounts (we get several a day), where most real people have access to non-free accounts like rr.com, etc.

I questioned Vinny if we should do the same to make his job easier and his concern was that it would upset some people. However he does have to weed through a lot of garbage to figure out who is real an who is not.
yea i understand that...im not looking to spam them but all I have is a gmail and yahoo account. Dont even kno my rr account login or pw
Old 10-23-2009   #192
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Do they block the imatexan accounts?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #193
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Do they block the imatexan accounts?
I tried to get in along time ago but never go approved (with an imatexan account) so I left it at that.. no big loss for me
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #194
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

I also think they need to start VY or cut him now. They aren't going to keep him next year unless he turns his entire game/career around with only 10 weeks left, so why keep him if he is so bad he isn't even worth giving a start when your 0-6 and circling the drain. It can't be helping team chemistry having your highest paid player do nothing for you. Remember, we had Carr for 5 years, we know how much it sucks to pay top$$ for garbage.
agreed
I think if they had plans for VY , he would have started already a few week ago..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read