Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-21-2009   #161
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-6 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

anyone have access to gotitans.com? I was hoping to c what they think.

I tried registering but they dont allow any free email address. What kind of forum blocks the most popular email address (gmail, yahoo, hotmail)? I guess they are not very fan friendly when they are sucking
Old 10-21-2009   #162
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-6 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I swear when they put on those Oilers uni's then went o'fer that was on my mind too. Now this. When I saw Fisher with "Houston Oilers" sweats and a cap I thought of the old maritime belief that you never, NEVER change the name of a ship lest you get bad luck. In this case you don't wear a dead team's colors and logo. Superstition? Yeah, but I wouldn't tempt it.
So what does that say about us taking on the name Texans. Dallas Texans were a pretty bad team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #163
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
So what does that say about us taking on the name Texans. Dallas Texans were a pretty bad team.
What does 7+ seasons without a winning record tell ya'.
Old 10-21-2009   #164
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans were 25-17 with an AFL title in their 4 years in Dallas. I don't know where you get they were a bad team from.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #165
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Texans were 25-17 with an AFL title in their 4 years in Dallas. I don't know where you get they were a bad team from.
They even won the '62 title.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #166
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
He must be thinking of the 1952 Dallas Texans, not to be confused with the AFL Dallas Texans from 1960-62.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #167
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The first Dallas Texans was an NFL team in 1952 and went 111.

The second Dallas Texans was an AFL team posting a 14-14 record their first two seasons, and then went 11-3 to beat the Houston Oilers for their AFL Championship in 1962.
Old 10-21-2009   #168
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
He must be thinking of the 1952 Dallas Texans, not to be confused with the AFL Dallas Texans from 1960-62.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 10-21-2009   #169
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post

I tried registering but they dont allow any free email address. What kind of forum blocks the most popular email address (gmail, yahoo, hotmail)? I guess they are not very fan friendly when they are sucking
They do that to prevent SPAM accounts. Almost all SPAM accounts register with free email accounts (we get several a day), where most real people have access to non-free accounts like rr.com, etc.

I questioned Vinny if we should do the same to make his job easier and his concern was that it would upset some people. However he does have to weed through a lot of garbage to figure out who is real an who is not.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #170
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The first Dallas Texans was an NFL team in 1952 and went 111.

The second Dallas Texans was an AFL team posting a 14-14 record their first two seasons, and then went 11-3 to beat the Houston Oilers for their AFL Championship in 1962.
Oh the Irony!!! Hey we went 8-8 twice, maybe there is something in it for us.

I didn't know there was an NFL and an AFL Dallas Texans. I was refering to the NFL one.
Old 10-21-2009   #171
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does anyone think this was a failed attempt to get his team motivated by any chance?

This is crazy. I never thought Fisher would go down to this. Some people just don't know how to lose.
I think it was just having fun at a charity event, he's said many times that he is good friends with Dungy so I'm definitely not hurt by this. It's a game.

I think Fish said it well himself, "...if you're offended over the nature of that type of thing, then I think you need to rethink things."
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #172
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I think it was just having fun at a charity event, he's said many times that he is good friends with Dungy so I'm definitely not hurt by this. It's a game.

I think Fish said it well himself, "...if you're offended over the nature of that type of thing, then I think you need to rethink things."
That's pretty much what I was thinking. However, you have to ask if now was the right time to do that due to the season and the previous game. Or perhaps take the jersey off right after.
Old 10-21-2009   #173
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 218361 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
They do that to prevent SPAM accounts. Almost all SPAM accounts register with free email accounts (we get several a day), where most real people have access to non-free accounts like rr.com, etc.

I questioned Vinny if we should do the same to make his job easier and his concern was that it would upset some people. However he does have to weed through a lot of garbage to figure out who is real an who is not.
I use a Yahoo account, when I'm not using my GMail account. I have had my Yahoo account for over a decade, during which time I've changed ISPs three or four times.
Old 10-21-2009   #174
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Knee-jerk reaction was "WTF is he doing," no doubt, but once I read a little about it and realized why he did it, I have no problem. Timing wasn't great, and I still don't think it was a great move but he did it and there shouldn't be the uproar there is over at titanscentral, I think that's hilarious, too.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #175
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Kick a dog when he's down. ESPN 2 showed the "1 yard short Super Bowl" last night. (I'm not sure if someone else posted that or not).
Old 10-21-2009   #176
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's like haunted places. They are haunted because some BAD stuff went down there a long time ago. Places where there wasn't some messed up stuff happening are not haunted. It's the logic of haunted places.

Bud Adams murdered a team's fan base. In cold blood. For giggles.

The Oilers are haunted.
Old 10-21-2009   #177
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The Oilers are haunted.
And, I'm starting to believe, is the city that they played for.
Old 10-21-2009   #178
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post

Jeff has never allowed free email addresses. It helps stop spammers and reduces the number of double accounts, holds accountability to the email address.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #179
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

And don't have an Sbcglobal.net account either.

It took me nearly a year trying to get an account over there. Fortunately someone put me in direct contact with Jeff and we got it sorted out.
Old 10-21-2009   #180
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Knee-jerk reaction was "WTF is he doing," no doubt, but once I read a little about it and realized why he did it, I have no problem. Timing wasn't great, and I still don't think it was a great move but he did it and there shouldn't be the uproar there is over at titanscentral, I think that's hilarious, too.
I think a lot of it comes from the fact that we are 0-6. If 6-0 even 3-3 people probably would have laughed it off. When you are 0-6 coming off a game where the entire team quit on him I think it was a pretty bone head move.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read