Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-20-2009   #141
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-6 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

I did not know if I could get more sick after the loss to the Pats. I can.
Holy SHIT!

Titan fans must be LIVID over this, regardless of the circumstances!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #142
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-6 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Holy SHIT!

Titan fans must be LIVID over this, regardless of the circumstances!!
Gotitans is locked down again, so I am going with yes on that guess.

Wow. This gets better by the day. I have my son recite the Titans record to me several times a day. This week he had to add in the score as well. What can I say, it makes me happy.
Old 10-20-2009   #143
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

I did not know if I could get more sick after the loss to the Pats. I can.
When was this taken? I googled it and cannot find it.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #144
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Today!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...Manning+jersey

HIGH LARRY US.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #145
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

He's hilarious. I look forward to his sense of humour after he's bought out of his 2011 year.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #146
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Wha?!? What?!?! WTF????!
Old 10-20-2009   #147
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Wha?!? What?!?! WTF????!
The Curse of Bud works in mysterious ways.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #148
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The Curse of Bud works in mysterious ways.
I'm sure glad that train wreck is gone.
Old 10-20-2009   #149
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

HAHAHA... to be honest I think it's funny, but he shouldn't have done it. I'm sure Bud is excited to see that.

Toronto, if 0-6 wasn't enough for you to get your wish this may take it.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #150
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
HAHAHA... to be honest I think it's funny, but he shouldn't have done it. I'm sure Bud is excited to see that.

Toronto, if 0-6 wasn't enough for you to get your wish this may take it.
Can you give us some context on this one? Without having investigated any, that almost looks like a coach who wants to leave town.
Old 10-20-2009   #151
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Wha?!? What?!?! WTF????!
LOL!!!!
Old 10-20-2009   #152
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Can you give us some context on this one? Without having investigated any, that almost looks like a coach who wants to leave town.
I got a call from a buddy who goes to Lipscomb University, where this took place, who said he went to hear Tony Dungy speak for a charitable cause and Fish would be there. He told me what happened and I just laughed. He's a big Colts fan so he got a kick out of it.

As for more details, your guess is as good as mine.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #153
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course it was a charity event and for a good cause or whatever - but yeah, Jeff Fisher is a very smart guy. He knows the role the media plays in sports coverage, and he knew ahead of time this was going to get out. He's WAY too smart to think otherwise.

The other coaches and the players won't care, but I imagine Bud and the fans will be enraged.

Yep, quick check over at musiccitymiracles.com confirms - they're LIVID.

Just when you thought 0-6 and 59-0 couldn't get any uglier...

Also - interesting timing, right before the bye week. If Fisher wanted out, this would be the smartest time to pull a stunt like this since the team would have an extra week to make their next move. Just saying.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #154
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

You know I hate to rub things in when Possum Holler and Bud Adams are down... Well that's not true. I do like to rub it in, but a famous preacher once said...

"Their chickens, are coming home to roost!"
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #155
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

That Fisher picture!

I'm actually ROFL right now! This cannot get any better, right? I mean they are feeding this rivalry talk thread some great material. Seriously, I don't think this can get any better!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #156
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
That Fisher picture!

I'm actually ROFL right now! This cannot get any better, right? I mean they are feeding this rivalry talk thread some great material. Seriously, I don't think this can get any better!
I know right? You just can't make this stuff up!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #157
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the context, discussed by FanHouse Titan fan Clay Travis:

Jeff Fisher Dons Peyton Manning Jersey At Nashville Fundraiser

Yeah, that's pretty tone deaf. Fisher comes on at about 1:40 of the video. Starts stripping a 2:40. He got a laugh at the "just wanted to feel like a winner" joke--but it was a little weird.
Old 10-21-2009   #158
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone think this was a failed attempt to get his team motivated by any chance?

This is crazy. I never thought Fisher would go down to this. Some people just don't know how to lose.

BTW....So let me get this straight. They take the Oil Derrik off the helmets and go to The Superbowl. Then they bring them back and start out 0-6 and their typically level headed coach becomes a stripper for Indy's team. Hmmmm......

Last edited by El Tejano; 10-21-2009 at 10:58 AM.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #159
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21537 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
BTW....So let me get this straight. They take the Oil Derrik off the helmets and go to The Superbowl. Then they bring them back and start out 0-6 and their typically level headed coach becomes a stripper for Indy's team. Hmmmm......
Dude, that's EERIE.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #160
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 165380 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I swear when they put on those Oilers uni's then went o'fer that was on my mind too. Now this. When I saw Fisher with "Houston Oilers" sweats and a cap I thought of the old maritime belief that you never, NEVER change the name of a ship lest you get bad luck. In this case you don't wear a dead team's colors and logo. Superstition? Yeah, but I wouldn't tempt it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read