Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-12-2009   #81
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-4 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY1401 View Post
Gotcha.

If the Titans had been able to convert those two first-half turnovers into touchdowns rather than field goals, it would have been a much different game.

Good luck against New England next week.
They didn't convert them, and barely moved the ball period - the FGs were all long ones.

The 'ol Rich McKay line is in play - "execution of the team" "in favor of it"

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #82
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-5 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Want stabilty but no rings eh?
The no rings thing is a Bud Adams Oilers/Titans thing. You want rings you need to find another team to root for.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #83
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-5 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The no rings thing is an Oilers/Titans thing. You want rings you need to find another team to root for.
True, but seeing as how this is Fisher's 16th season, I feel comfortable in my opinion that the man is overrated and has way too much respect. It's not like he doesn't run the show in Nashville

Old 10-12-2009   #84
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Want stabilty but no rings eh?
Stability with a chance to win (not compete), that is what every fan wants. I think it is suffice to say that no coach in the last 15 years has had to overcome as much adversity as Fisher.
Old 10-12-2009   #85
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Stability with a chance to win (not compete), that is what every fan wants. I think it is suffice to say that no coach in the last 15 years has had to overcome as much adversity as Fisher.
Man I can't believe I'm dumping on Fish this much, but I guess the last two weeks have done me in.

Memphis/Nashville is OVER. He's had stability for years, and is de facto in charge of all personnel decisions for the last several years. This team, as constructed, is his, minus VY maybe being stuffed down his throat by Bud.

I admire what he did during the mid 90s, but it's frigging 2009 now. The tune is old, and clearly so is his message, because that team sure isn't listening anymore.

Old 10-12-2009   #86
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man I can't believe I'm dumping on Fish this much, but I guess the last two weeks have done me in.

Memphis/Nashville is OVER. He's had stability for years, and is de facto in charge of all personnel decisions for the last several years. This team, as constructed, is his, minus VY maybe being stuffed down his throat by Bud.

I admire what he did during the mid 90s, but it's frigging 2009 now. The tune is old, and clearly so is his message, because that team sure isn't listening anymore.
I feel your pain brutha, you know I do. But based on historicals you will be back in one to two years with him at the helm. One person's garbage, is anothers treasure.
Old 10-12-2009   #87
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so happy that it was the Texans that began the downward spiral of the Titans. Last year the Titans were on a roll and the Texans showed the league how to beat them. This year the Texans punched the bully when it got in their face.

The Texans are playing good football(despite yesterdays loss) and the team is unified because they stood up to them , meanwhile the bully is spiraling into oblivion.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #88
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I am so happy that it was the Texans that began the downward spiral of the Titans. Last year the Titans were on a roll and the Texans showed the league how to beat them. This year the Texans punched the bully when it got in their face.

The Texans are playing good football(despite yesterdays loss) and the team is unified because they stood up to them , meanwhile the bully is spiraling into oblivion.
Sir, trust me, the blueprint on beating the Titans started with Baltimore in the playoffs last year. IMHMFO

Old 10-12-2009   #89
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely would not mind Fisher as our HC.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #90
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I feel your pain brutha, you know I do. But based on historicals you will be back in one to two years with him at the helm. One person's garbage, is anothers treasure.
Thanks man, I know they aren't the Lions, but after 15.5 years, I think its fair to say Fisher has had a fair chance to win a Super Bowl with the team.

Cowher also took a long time, but got it done. He also IMO ran a more classy team that played football the way I want it to be played.

Another theory, and likely a good one? The 13-3 season was very overrated with a lot of cupcake teams.

Old 10-13-2009   #91
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: The Titans are 0-4 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Why is it ridiculous? The man is in his 16th season with the Titans and has no rings, a below .500 record in the playoffs and the current veteran team impoding on him and behaving like a bunch of 5th graders.

When did he become Bear Bryant? The man did a good job when the team transitioned to Memphis/Nashville, and built a damn good team in 99-00, but cmon already - the Fish's reputation is overrated, and I felt that way before this season even begin.
Honestly I have heard this lame BS on my main board since game one. Who do you want? Should we start Young and crap out the season. Maybe we should look at a DC that should not be calling plays in High School much less the NFL.

Pleeeeease do not tell me your are another swinger because I can not take another want to be Titans fans pretending that Young is the answer. If you believe that get out of this forum because I guarantee you it will not be a pleasant ride.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #92
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Honestly I have heard this lame BS on my main board since game one. Who do you want? Should we start Young and crap out the season. Maybe we should look at a DC that should not be calling plays in High School much less the NFL.

Pleeeeease do not tell me your are another swinger because I can not take another want to be Titans fans pretending that Young is the answer. If you believe that get out of this forum because I guarantee you it will not be a pleasant ride.
Fan of the team since 1978 when I lived in Houston sir. After 15+ years of Fish I'm ready to move on. Seeing as how Fish hired the DC and helped ruin Mr. Wonderlic (I never cared about VY either way to be honest, I just want to win), plus the playoff failure last season with a team that should have won it all?

I've done the Fisher dance for 10 years and dealt with the ups and downs, but he NEVER had a team play this stupid or outright quit on him (adds Jevon Kearse now). The character of team speaks for itself, specifically the lack of it and again this reflects on the man that is directly responsible for building 98% of the team - minus VY, which was forced on him as we all know.

Hope that answers your question. As for VY? I doubt it matters, but with the season in the toilet (I feel OK saying this at 0-5, 0-3 in the AFC South and 0-5 in the AFC), why the hell not try and see what he does? Not like it can get any worse.

Old 10-13-2009   #93
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Definitely would not mind Fisher as our HC.

I would be tempted to sell my PSLs if that ever happened!! I don't blame Bud for Fisher's inability to GET THE JOB DONE!! Bud went through HCs like a sieve when he was in Houston, and he's pretty much given Fisher full reign since they moved to hillbilly land. I don't want him cause I don't think he's any better than Kubiak, and that ain't saying much. JMO cause I like to give it, and I'm bored today!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #94
toronto
Hall of Fame

http://www.titansonline.com/media-ce...d-f3818876c70e

As the questions get near 'sensitive areas' watch Fish's answers get curt and borderline angry. Then we he says "We need to run the football" better I actually laughed.

Dude, you had your RB #1 in rushing heading into last week and its your OC that's bottling Lendale White and throwing deep routes on 3rd and 1. Get your head out of your ass.

Last edited by toronto; 10-13-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-13-2009   #95
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fan of the team since 1978 when I lived in Houston sir. After 15+ years of Fish I'm ready to move on.
Did you live in Nashville also? Toronto, you should have moved on when the franchise crapped on its entire fanbase.

I moved on in 1996.
Old 10-13-2009   #96
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Did you live in Nashville also? Toronto, you should have moved on when the franchise crapped on its entire fanbase.

I moved on in 1996.
No. For a reason only god knows, I stuck with the team. (still a diehard Stros fan) I figured when the Texans and Titans played for the first time, I would know who I would root for. I chose Bud. I'm certifiable, I know.

For the record, getting to see Nashville was a nice side benefit. Really cool town that I'm glad I discovered, and have made some great friends in the last decade.

Old 10-13-2009   #97
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is it ridiculous? The man is in his 16th season with the Titans and has no rings, a below .500 record in the playoffs and the current veteran team impoding on him and behaving like a bunch of 5th graders.

When did he become Bear Bryant? The man did a good job when the team transitioned to Memphis/Nashville, and built a damn good team in 99-00, but cmon already - the Fish's reputation is overrated, and I felt that way before this season even begin.
There is no one better at this point. Simple. Fire Fisher and get laughed at by the whole league, you'll understand.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #98
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
There is no one better at this point. Simple. Fire Fisher and get laughed at by the whole league, you'll understand.
There is actually someone on the Titans site arguing that Jack Pardee was better than Jeff Fisher.
Old 10-13-2009   #99
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
There is always someone better - I'm sorry but the more I talk about this the more sure I feel - if Fisher had gotten us ring(s) yes it's a no doubter. At the end of the day there are NONE, and the team is now in a frigging death spiral. But that's not why I am becoming anti-Fisher - it's the team quitting on him and the unreal lack of discipline and character. That is directly accountable on Fisher's leadership. And at 0-5 (with NE on tap) and outscored 68-26 the last two weeks, we're already getting laughed at, don't you think?

Its not that I don't appreciate the job Fisher has done. I appreciate not being the Detroit Lions or Raiders. That being said, I just don't see us winning a championship with him at the helm. If it couldn't happen last year, 1999-2000 or 2003-2004, when the hell is it going to happen?

Old 10-13-2009   #100
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There is actually someone on the Titans site arguing that Jack Pardee was better than Jeff Fisher.
I know. As someone that sat in Rich Stadium that day? I don't need to say another word.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read