Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-11-2009   #161
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Pickem - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'm in. I need a good week, my wife is in on this and I go with some of her picks because I'm a good husband and, let's face it, she's got the....

Anyway, I need a good week.
make sure you keep tabs on whose picks pay off; yours or hers
because if HERS pay off, you can bet that she will
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #162
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Mine are in but it's too hard to make up any ground on the leaders.
You might be suprised...the leader is not that many points ahead of you. One bad weekend is all it takes!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #163
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I took a beating today...looks like several others did too.
Old 10-12-2009   #164
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
I took a beating today...looks like several others did too.
Ya tough week.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #165
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags and the Pats let me down

Happy now, Vinny?
Old 10-12-2009   #166
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Damn...I dropped 7 spots! OUCH.
Old 10-12-2009   #167
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The Jags and the Pats let me down

Happy now, Vinny?
Not happy till I scratch and claw my way to the top! I almost picked the Bengals and it makes me mad that I hung on to last years perception and went with the Ratbirds...but hey, the Bengals have a healthy Carson Palmer, a credible NFL back in Benson and play some pretty good D now. The dynamics are shifting a bit in the AFC Central. It could have gone either way. Damn those Bills for being the suck and damn those Broncos - they are pretty damn good, but I held on to too much old world perception there too.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #168
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Not happy till I scratch and claw my way to the top! I almost picked the Bengals and it makes me mad that I hung on to last years perception and went with the Ratbirds...but hey, the Bengals have a healthy Carson Palmer, a credible NFL back in Benson and play some pretty good D now. The dynamics are shifting a bit in the AFC Central. It could have gone either way. Damn those Bills for being the suck and damn those Broncos - they are pretty damn good, but I held on to too much old world perception there too.
None of us were Cincy believers. Only WideRight picked them to win and he (she?) only put one pt on it. That's not being a believer IMO. LOL. Diff was I put 12 on the Ravens and you only lost 4.

And I still can't believe that the Jags went out to Seattle and stunk it up like they did
or that the Broncos are actually for real enough to take down the N.E. Bradys. I guess I should have recognized the Pats weren't all that last week since they had to get help from the refs to beat the Ravens.
Old 10-13-2009   #169
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Damn...I dropped 7 spots! OUCH.
Waah... I dropped 8.
Next week dudes, next week
Old 10-13-2009   #170
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Waah... I dropped 8.
Next week dudes, next week
I hate me!!

Old 10-13-2009   #171
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I guess me complaining about moving up helped me out, I went up 8 spots. I am 2nd overall in W-L's, one win behind Vinny.
Old 10-13-2009   #172
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I suck.
Old 10-13-2009   #173
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I suck.
Don't give up!
Old 10-13-2009   #174
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Quote:
Don't give up!
Exactly...don't give up. There was a TON of movement in the standings this week.
Old 10-13-2009   #175
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are some tough games to pick this week.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #176
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
There are some tough games to pick this week.
sho' nuff...

N.Y.Giants @ Saints (who's the baddest team in the NFC?)
Broncos @ Chargers (the 'Bolts reeeally need this win)
Bears @ Falcons (two 3-1 teams; who's for real?)
Cards @ Seahawks (another division battle)
Ravens @ Vikes (Balt. can't stand another loss)
Panthers @ Buccs (before you laff, you tell me who sucks more)
Chefs @ 'Skins (see above )

...I can't give all of them a "1"
Old 10-14-2009   #177
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sho' nuff...

N.Y.Giants @ Saints (who's the baddest team in the NFC?)
Broncos @ Chargers (the 'Bolts reeeally need this win)
Bears @ Falcons (two 3-1 teams; who's for real?)
Cards @ Seahawks (another division battle)
Ravens @ Vikes (Balt. can't stand another loss)
Panthers @ Buccs (before you laff, you tell me who sucks more)
Chefs @ 'Skins (see above )

...I can't give all of them a "1"
You pretty much got every game I thought was tough down there. I wasn't laughing at the Panthers @ Bucs game being tough to pick either. I honestly don't know which team will win. They have both sucked so far this year. The Chiefs @ Skins game I put as my "1". The teams the Skins have played (besides the Giants) are 2-17 on the year, the two wins coming against them. The Ravens/Vikes is two tough defensive teams going at it. Cards @ Seahawks is probably the easiest game to pick out of the seven, having said that the team I pick is probably going to lose. Bears @ Falcons: I think both teams are for real. Broncos @ Chargers: I want to pick the Bolts, but Denver has proven me wrong too many times this year already. Giants @ Saints is two undefeated teams going at it. All of those games were tough to pick for me.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #178
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Don't forget your picks...

This was one of the toughest weeks for me. I hope I don't have a repeat of the blowout I experienced last week.

Good luck!
Old 10-15-2009   #179
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

I made my picks.

...but I'll probably RE-pick (and Re-RE-pick) two or three times before kickoff on Sunday
LOL!
Old 10-16-2009   #180
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just did my picks, man they are really tough this week, could be a lot of movement in the rankings.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read