Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2009   #341
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

I am in line, and waiting for the pink soap avatar. Please sign me up.
Old 10-11-2009   #342
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I call bullshit. This team made ALL the right adjustments in the 2nd half, which is what good coaches do. That Arizona offense was completely shut down in the 2nd half. Schaub made one bad decision, and THAT was the difference in this game. And Kubiak reamed him for it. Sorry, this game was NOT on Kubiak. It was on a poor offensive performance in the first half.
Old 10-11-2009   #343
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Sorry, this game was NOT on Kubiak. It was on a poor offensive performance in the first half.
And that's not Coach Teflon's fault. Right?
Old 10-11-2009   #344
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I call bullshit. This team made ALL the right adjustments in the 2nd half, which is what good coaches do.
Do you know something else good coaches do?.......Good coaches get their teams ready to play a football game from the opening snap. Good coaches don't get in a 21 point hole that they have to spend the rest of the game trying to battle back from... If our boys were ready to play, we win that game, but once again when expectations are put on them they come out flat.

Good news though.....all expectations are now off of this team so now they can play good football........like they usually do after they dig themselves into a hole that they have to try to climb out of.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-11-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2009   #345
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I call bullshit. This team made ALL the right adjustments in the 2nd half, which is what good coaches do. That Arizona offense was completely shut down in the 2nd half. Schaub made one bad decision, and THAT was the difference in this game. And Kubiak reamed him for it. Sorry, this game was NOT on Kubiak. It was on a poor offensive performance in the first half.
No no, this is a 16 game, four quarters each, season. This team doesn't show up for an entire game. They have to be punched in the mouth, have their backs against the wall, or whatever cliche you want to use, before they can wake up. More often times than not, they wake up too late.

The offense didn't show up, the defense didn't show up, and the coaching didn't show up. The one thing about this team that is consistent, is their inability to be consistent.

This start with Kubiak, and using his words, "Just didn't have these guys ready to go, and that's my fault."
Old 10-11-2009   #346
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep we made good adjustments. Yes, good coaches do that. But did you see the way we started the game? Did it look familiar? It should because for just about all the games this season and several games last season, the offense looked flat in the first quarter. Good coaches make adjustments, but they also make sure the team is ready to go from the first play. For whatever reason the team looks lethargic coming out of the gate and needs until the second quarter to wakeup.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 10-11-2009   #347
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
For whatever reason the team looks lethargic coming out of the gate and needs until the second quarter to wakeup.
I think it's all a ploy to make sure they are on NFL Replay each week.
Old 10-11-2009   #348
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a lot of people need to put their fire Kubiak pistols back in their holsters. There was a long discussion about this in the off season, and many vocal posters, and I believe the majority of the board, were very clear that Kubiak deserved another year, that he was building the Texans "the right way" i.e. slowly, and that those that didn't agree with this were pessimists and worse. Those that liked the way Kubiak did things then should be happy now. Nothing has changed.

As it turns out, this is just the type of performance we pessimists (known to outside observers as "realists") expected. I'm not that disappointed in this season because the team is meeting my expectations.

I'm sure that soon I'll be reading how the next game will prove what the Texans are made of. I think this Cardinals game has already showed us that - again. However, the next game will be a crucial step in the slow building of a better 8-8 team.
Old 10-11-2009   #349
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Im just worried about who McNair would hire if they fire Kubes and crew. Say that happens then what kind of D would the team run + the new staff has to move away from the ZBS and into something else. Im not saying keep Kubes, Im just worried about how this team will look and play each week.
Old 10-11-2009   #350
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if we are 7-9 or better at the end of the season, Kubiac and company have one more year. I was really hoping for the home town boy to take this team to the promised land, but it's not looking good right now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-11-2009   #351
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think if we are 7-9 or better at the end of the season, Kubiac and company have one more year. I was really hoping for the home town boy to take this team to the promised land, but it's not looking good right now.
I don't give a rat's tail about him being a hometown boy. Does he gets his team prepared to play?

No. Time to move on.
Old 10-12-2009   #352
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hope you are wrong Thorn because 8-8 is about the best I think Kubiak can do as head coach. I don't want another year of mediocre football. I want a winner on the field. Is that too much to ask for in Houston? I see 5 or 6 wins looking at our remaining schedule. That would put us right in the area where you are saying Kubiak will get another year. Please Texans. Either win more than 8 games or lose enough to see a new coaching staff here. Please don't leave us dog paddling in this cesspool of mediocrity.

Sun. 18 @ Bengals (good team)
Sun. 25 49ERS (will be coming off a bye after a disasterous loss. Singletary will have his team motivated)
Sun. 1 @ Bills (terrible team with a bad qb)
Sun. 8 @ Colts (yikes)
BYE 15
Mon. 23 TITANS (Vince Young returns but we should beat em)
Sun. 29 COLTS (yikes again)
Sun. 6 @ Jaguars (not very good but capable of beating us)
Sun. 13 SEAHAWKS (beat the crap out of the Jags)
Sun. 20 @ Rams (bad team)
Sun. 27 @ Dolphins (bad team but dangerous)
Sun. 3 PATRIOTS (it depends on if the Patriots need this game for the playoffs because I'm sure we won't)
Old 10-12-2009   #353
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't take my post the wrong way guys. Do I want Kubiak to win and take us to the Super Bowl and we all live happily everyafter with our hometown coach? You bet I do. However, if Kubiak can't win, then he's gotta go, simple as that.

Old 10-12-2009   #354
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I think a lot of people need to put their fire Kubiak pistols back in their holsters. There was a long discussion about this in the off season, and many vocal posters, and I believe the majority of the board, were very clear that Kubiak deserved another year, that he was building the Texans "the right way" i.e. slowly, and that those that didn't agree with this were pessimists and worse. Those that liked the way Kubiak did things then should be happy now. Nothing has changed.

As it turns out, this is just the type of performance we pessimists (known to outside observers as "realists") expected. I'm not that disappointed in this season because the team is meeting my expectations.

I'm sure that soon I'll be reading how the next game will prove what the Texans are made of. I think this Cardinals game has already showed us that - again. However, the next game will be a crucial step in the slow building of a better 8-8 team.
I think he did deserve to show he could do it another year, but he has just shown us he can only make the team mediocre in just short of half a decade. McNair re-upped David Carr and extended his contract to ensure the team paid him 60 million dollars when it was pretty obvious he had a dog on his hands.....so I see Kubiak here next season aw-shucking his way to another 8-8 season. At the end of next year Andre Johnson will be in his 9th season and at the end of his career...ready for the next 6 year plan to bring this town a winner. What a waste.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 10-12-2009   #355
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Don't take my post the wrong way guys. Do I want Kubiak to win and take us to the Super Bowl and we all live happily everyafter with our hometown coach? You bet I do. However, if Kubiak can't win, then he's gotta go, simple as that.
Why do I always feel the need to rep you?
Old 10-12-2009   #356
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My post wasn't directed at you but at the idea of Kubiak getting another year if he goes at least 7-9. It would be an extremely long offseason, season and then another offseason just to see a coaching change. I asked McClain on his blog if he thought Kubiak would get another year if we 8-8 or less again and he said yes. He thought it would take a disaster like 5-11 or 4-12 to see him runoff.
Old 10-12-2009   #357
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
My post wasn't directed at you but at the idea of Kubiak getting another year if he goes at least 7-9. It would be an extremely long offseason, season and then another offseason just to see a coaching change. I asked McClain on his blog if he thought Kubiak would get another year if we 8-8 or less again and he said yes. He thought it would take a disaster like 5-11 or 4-12 to see him runoff.
what the hell is the difference in 5-11 and 7-9? I mean really. Either record is the same net result.

Old 10-12-2009   #358
bckey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
what the hell is the difference in 5-11 and 7-9? I mean really. Either record is the same net result.
I agree Vinny. I was as stunned at the answer he gave as you. I just hope he is wrong.
Old 10-12-2009   #359
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
I hate to say this (for several reasons), but i agree with McClain.

If we miss the playoffs, and win less than 7 games, I would hope enough is enough and we get another HC. If we have another 8-8 season, and Kubes is still here next year, it'll be his last if we aren't in the playoffs for the 2010 season.

God, I hate saying I agree with McClain.

Old 10-12-2009   #360
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Quote:
I agree Vinny. I was as stunned at the answer he gave as you. I just hope he is wrong.
The Texans are on the NFL feeder road while everyone is in the fast lane trying to pass the slower vehicles. This organization hasn't figured out that the NFL moves faster than a marketing campaign. We'll be consistent and do the same thing we did with David Carr. Unable to figure out what we have, we burn a few years for no good reason.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read