Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-06-2009   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Authentic NFL jerseys....

For only $60! Seriously.

There is a Steelers bar up here in The Woodlands that outside of it sells nothing but jerseys.
I pulled up to it on Saturday because I saw a Cushing jersey for sale. I asked him how much and he said $60. I said I'll take it, but then realized that all of his jersey's are stitched and the real deal.

He's got Cushing, A. Johnson, Slaton, and Williams in Texans gear.

Name of the place:

Steel City Pizzeria
The Woodlands.

Thought I'd pass the word because those usually sell for $200 @ NFL.com or the stadium.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #2
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Authentic NFL jerseys....

Sounds too good to be true, but if they look good then its probably a good deal....I came close to getting a personalized jersey Sunday at the stadium, but had my son who wanted to hurry up and see them warm up so I didn't get the prices.
Old 10-06-2009   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

personalized jersey at stadium? Ouch $$
Old 10-06-2009   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love one, if anyone on here can pick me one up I can arrange payment, pay for shipping, etc.
Old 10-06-2009   #5
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

COOL! I'll stop by on the way home today!
Old 10-06-2009   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Sounds too good to be true, but if they look good then its probably a good deal....I came close to getting a personalized jersey Sunday at the stadium, but had my son who wanted to hurry up and see them warm up so I didn't get the prices.
You might need to do a cash out refinance mortgage to buy one of those jerseys at the stadium. If you decide to do that just let me know.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #7
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I am not so sure it would be the Authentic ones, but there are stitched jerseys that do cost more than that, so regardless, that is a good price..just wouldn't bet on it being the official ones... $60 is a good deal !!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2009   #8
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks 84. Making a trip out there tonight!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Well I am not so sure it would be the Authentic ones, but there are stitched jerseys that do cost more than that, so regardless, that is a good price..just wouldn't bet on it being the official ones... $60 is a good deal !!!
I'm guessing that they're like those "authentic" ones that they sell on eBay for about the same price.

Doesn't matter to me, I'd still buy one if it weren't such a drive.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #10
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'm guessing that they're like those "authentic" ones that they sell on eBay for about the same price.

Doesn't matter to me, I'd still buy one if it weren't such a drive.

Mr White brings up a good point. 84, are they like the ones on ebay or are the 100 % NFL issued. I bought a battle red on ebay for $20 and everything is sewn on but the color of the "Texans" that is sewn in on the front of the jersey under the NFL logo was wrong and the numbers are not the same used by the NFL. Plus the NFL tag on the bottle left wasn't 100% exactly like my personalized one I got from the NFL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brian-CUSHING-Au...#ht_3207wt_939

http://cgi.ebay.com/Houston-Texans-U...#ht_500wt_1182

Look at the 2 different auctions on ebay. You can tell the 56 is different from the 1st auction to the second.

Last edited by texanfan2002114; 10-06-2009 at 02:50 PM.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #11
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 40918 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

DON'T GO TONIGHT!! He forgot to mention that he's only there on the weekends. Saturdays and Sundays pretty much all day.

They are the Reebok ones. If they aren't the official, they certainly did an excellent job of faking it!

He also said that he can get almost anything, but has to order in bulk. It will take a bit of time since he tries to do 50 orders at once. He does have lots of storage bins with jerseys in them too, so if you don't see what you want on the rack, ask and he might have it in his bins.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I am all but certain they aren't official, but who cares. I have been purchasing my "authentic" jerseys off Ebay the last seven years and they all look as good as the day I bought them. I don't think I ever spent over $75 on any, and that was in the early days when I was still learning the bidding process on Ebay. IMO, the quality is much better than those $80 screened jerseys that have the NFLs blessings.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Should I use my power of invisiblity for good or evil.....
Old 10-06-2009   #14
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, the biggest thing I check for is that the sizes listed on the front tag are NUMERICAL (ie - 48, 52, 54, etc.) rather than L, XL. Even if it IS a knock-off, it's at least a better quality one.
Old 10-06-2009   #15
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 40918 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

They are numerical.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
You should wait for NFL.com to have their big discount sale in the off-season to buy an authentic personalized jersey, IMO. I got the $230 jersey for around $160 (30% off) a couple of years ago, and the NFL Shop website does it every year.

I'll never buy another player jersey. I've got mine for life.
Old 10-06-2009   #17
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I bought one of my honeys a #80 all stitched up for like $35 on e-bay.

Official? It was official to her and she loves it.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #18
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
Thanks 84. Making a trip out there tonight!
Before you guys make the trip out, call first. Some nights he does not work the outside of the store.
Saturday he is always there.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read