Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-05-2009   #41
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81109 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-4 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yep, this has pretty much been the case. I think I'll give it another week or two and I might slide in over there and see how Titan land is doing. Call me cheap, call me petty, call me a jerk, but it's going to be some fun. Lol!

I got no love for the Titans or their fans that come into Reliant and act disrespectful every year.
Keep it respectful or I'll end your stay real fast. Yes I mod titanstailgate. I have a ton of respect for Hookem but don't pour unnessessary gas on the fire sir.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #42
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-4 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Keep it respectful or I'll end your stay real fast. Yes I mod titanstailgate. I have a ton of respect for Hookem but don't pour unnessessary gas on the fire sir.
I don't run over to boards of any kind and randomly just start disrespecting people. That would be a waste of time. I don't appreciate this kind of threat either Toronto, when there are a few of them that come over here and muddy the waters up as dirty as they can at times and then telling me that you'll end my stay right away if I'm just having some good ole cheap fun when I'ver never even been to their boards before and cranked up nothing with them. Geez, what the hell is your problem?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #43
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81109 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't run over to boards of any kind and randomly just start disrespecting people. That would be a waste of time. I don't appreciate this kind of threat either Toronto, when there are a few of them that come over here and muddy the waters up as dirty as they can at times and then telling me that you'll end my stay right away if I'm just having some good ole cheap fun when I'ver never even been to their boards before and cranked up nothing with them. Geez, what the hell is your problem?
Not meant as that, and certainly not antogonistic. The new board is something I am proud of, and thankful to this site for its very existence. I don't want to see the site become like Titanscentral, or the TOMB, where threads became ridiculous.

From what I have seen, most Titan fans, myself included, have always towed the line here and kept it clean. If you can keep it fun, dude knock yourself out and have a blast. All I ask is you keep it clean. With the club 0-4 and 0-6 a real possibility, we fear the trolls coming out.

Old 10-05-2009   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not meant as that, and certainly not antogonistic. The new board is something I am proud of, and thankful to this site for its very existence. I don't want to see the site become like Titanscentral, or the TOMB, where threads became ridiculous.

From what I have seen, most Titan fans, myself included, have always towed the line here and kept it clean. If you can keep it fun, dude knock yourself out and have a blast. All I ask is you keep it clean. With the club 0-4 and 0-6 a real possibility, we fear the trolls coming out.

I recgonized one of your posters on there from the (Star)TrekBBS, so I registered an account just to leave her a message. However, she doesn't know me as Thorn, I used a different name on the TrekBBS, so that should be interesting to see if she can figure out who I am. LOL

She uses the same avatar on the TrekBBS, as I do here, so it shouldn't be very difficult for her to figure out who I am. Not a lot of Vic Morrow avatars on the internets these days.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #45
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think you took my first post as if I was going to go over there and flame the entire board. If I did it that way, it wouldn't be any fun. I actually like some of the Titans fans around here. I've enjoyed a few discussions with Bipolar The Titan actually.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #46
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Like Hervoyel pointed out, they are now 3 times cursed.

The curse moved to Tennessee with Bud...and when they finally seemed to be shaking the curse, they decided to stomp on the Terrible Towel and show no class. They could have been good sports and shown respect for a longtime respected adversary, but they decided to make it all about them.

It really surprised me to see Bulluck engaging in those shenanigans but that guy may have hit 'the wall'. It looks like age is catching up to him especially as it relates to pass coverage.

The Titans may go hunting for draft picks and it would probably best serve them to give VY a chance if things dont turn around. Remember that they have to either cut VY or pay him huge option year at the end of this season.

If you don't think someone is going to give him a shot, you are fooling yourself. There are more quality QBs in this league than ever before, but there are still some teams searching.

sorry about the football talk but here is some smack. 0-4 Titans Suck!!
Old 10-05-2009   #47
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Like Hervoyel pointed out, they are now 3 times cursed.

The curse moved to Tennessee with Bud...and when they finally seemed to be shaking the curse, they decided to stomp on the Terrible Towel and show no class. They could have been good sports and shown respect for a longtime respected adversary, but they decided to make it all about them.

It really surprised me to see Bulluck engaging in those shenanigans but that guy may have hit 'the wall'. It looks like age is catching up to him especially as it relates to pass coverage.

The Titans may go hunting for draft picks and it would probably best serve them to give VY a chance if things dont turn around. Remember that they have to either cut VY or pay him huge option year at the end of this season.

If you don't think someone is going to give him a shot, you are fooling yourself. There are more quality QBs in this league than ever before, but there are still some teams searching.

sorry about the football talk but here is some smack. 0-4 Titans Suck!!
If I may add to that, the minute they wore Oiler uni's they sealed the deal. A seemingly inexplicable 0-4. I loved the derrick when it was a Houston derrick, but it didn't love me. The Tennessee derrick? Not so much...lol.
Old 10-06-2009   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

HA!! They're great Vinny!!!!
Old 10-07-2009   #50
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Because I still have a sense of humor ... don't expect it after next weeks loss.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #51
whiskeyrbl

To the Titan followers here I cannot find it in me to say I feel sorry for y'all. However I can lend a lil' insight. If Bud Adams follows suit to the way he has always done things expect the payroll to shrink as well as the talent pool over there. I have a sneaky suspicion that the hard times there are just starting and will continue for a few years. That is something we had to endure for the better part of 30 years.
Old 10-07-2009   #52
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

props to the Titan fans who came in here to eat crow. Been busy at work cant type here to long. Just wanted to say props for responding and taking crow.

All I can say about your team right now is..."HA HA"
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #53
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year's Titans season was all about their dominant defense. They didn't have to do much on offense.

If they don't have dominant D, they don't have jack. The players say that they miss Schwartz. Clearly they miss Haynesworth because though they get some sacks, they aren't being able to do everything that they like to do with rushing just four. And their secondary in my opinion has always been a bit overrated--QBs didn't have enough time to be accurate in previous seasons. This season QBs have more time, and they are suffering from injuries on the backend.

If their D can't hold up their end of the bargain, that Titans team is in trouble because their offense is offensive.

Should be interesting to see what they can do against the Colts.

And yeah, do NOT mess with Myron Cope.
Old 10-11-2009   #54
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Last year's Titans season was all about their dominant defense. They didn't have to do much on offense.

If they don't have dominant D, they don't have jack. The players say that they miss Schwartz. Clearly they miss Haynesworth because though they get some sacks, they aren't being able to do everything that they like to do with rushing just four. And their secondary in my opinion has always been a bit overrated--QBs didn't have enough time to be accurate in previous seasons. This season QBs have more time, and they are suffering from injuries on the backend.

If their D can't hold up their end of the bargain, that Titans team is in trouble because their offense is offensive.

Should be interesting to see what they can do against the Colts.

And yeah, do NOT mess with Myron Cope.
Honestly how do you consider yourself an analyst. The comments about Haynsworth show such a lack of research I can not even tell you. In 5 games the guy has been injured ... produced only one sack and shows a lack of the penetration that he had when he was looking for his money. EVERY Titans fan saw this. Even ESPN analyst are marking him as the biggest bust on FA this season but you peg our losing streak on the lack of a guy who half arses plays and sits on the field? Laughable ...

Not sure how a Texans fan can even talk about a secondary since flaming trash can would cover better then what the Texans offer but to call the highest turn over secondary "over rated" again go back to playing with dolls because this comments makes no sense. Yeah we have sucked this season but that is more on the coaching and poor position by play calling then actually talent.

Yes our D needs to step up but at least call it as you see it. If you drop all of our LBs into zone on the 5 your are going to get chewed apart. You play off of some of the best WRs by 10 yards and can not get pressure then your are going to get scorched.

I don't mean to be harsh but calling our loses on the lack of a guy who is a slug really shows a lack of research and a lack of even watching the games IMO.

Old 10-11-2009   #55
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Honestly how do you consider yourself an analyst. The comments about Haynsworth show such a lack of research I can not even tell you. In 5 games the guy has been injured ... produced only one sack and shows a lack of the penetration that he had when he was looking for his money. EVERY Titans fan saw this. Even ESPN analyst are marking him as the biggest bust on FA this season but you peg our losing streak on the lack of a guy who half arses plays and sits on the field? Laughable ...

Not sure how a Texans fan can even talk about a secondary since flaming trash can would cover better then what the Texans offer but to call the highest turn over secondary "over rated" again go back to playing with dolls because this comments makes no sense. Yeah we have sucked this season but that is more on the coaching and poor position by play calling then actually talent.

Yes our D needs to step up but at least call it as you see it. If you drop all of our LBs into zone on the 5 your are going to get chewed apart. You play off of some of the best WRs by 10 yards and can not get pressure then your are going to get scorched.

I don't mean to be harsh but calling our loses on the lack of a guy who is a slug really shows a lack of research and a lack of even watching the games IMO.
Texans Chick was saying the Titans miss that dominant DT they had. How does what he is doing this season have any relevance to the fact that the Titans aren't getting the same penetration they had last season because they don't have the same pieces in place? They obviously miss the dominant Fat Albert not the one who is busting with the Skins this season. Almost everybody sucks when they go to DC.

Also a Texans fan can't make an observation just because their team has the same issue?? If anything we should really know what a sucky secondary looks like because we see one ourselves every week. However that being said when the Texans played the Titans the Titans secondary sucked just a little bit more.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #56
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Texans Chick was saying the Titans miss that dominant DT they had. How does what he is doing this season have any relevance to the fact that the Titans aren't getting the same penetration they had last season because they don't have the same pieces in place? They obviously miss the dominant Fat Albert not the one who is busting with the Skins this season. Almost everybody sucks when they go to DC.

Also a Texans fan can't make an observation just because their team has the same issue?? If anything we should really know what a sucky secondary looks like because we see one ourselves every week. However that being said when the Texans played the Titans the Titans secondary sucked just a little bit more.
The DTs have not been the issue. They are actually playing well and keeping the run game contained. We are not getting pressure from the outside. Our play calling on D is atrocious to say the least.

Our secondary again looks horrible because of play calling. We are out of position on every play and drop into zone. It honestly makes no sense. Cecil was obviously not ready for the job and if he does not right the ship in the next game or so he will be unemployed at the end of the season.

You can not let the other team walk down the field on you ever single opening drive. It shows your play scheming was poor and you did not prepare for the game.

Old 10-11-2009   #57
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

might be a little difference when one guy can consistently command a double team (i.e. Fat Albert) and still get pressure up the middle and with two guys getting some pressure, meanwhile the doubled player becomes KVB or Kearse

I might be wrong. from what I have seen from the Titans (limited) is that they aren't collapsing the pocket and the Qb has time to step up and make the throw.. Haynesworth took some of that away

I thought that secondary was overrated last year

Jim leaving left a whole on that team
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #58
toronto
Hall of Fame

Just a quick note. 0-5 and still here. We suck. Fisher sucks balls right now. End of story.

Old 10-12-2009   #59
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just a quick note. 0-5 and still here. We suck. Fisher sucks balls right now. End of story.
You want to do a Kubiak for Fisher trade? I'll make that deal.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #60
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You want to do a Kubiak for Fisher trade? I'll make that deal.
Pass, but toss in a first rounder?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read