Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-04-2009   #21
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: The Titans are 0-4 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I'm too amazed at how this season has ended (yes, ended) to be embarrassed to come around here. Oh well... luckily I've got other things to look forward to now.
Well, there was an 0-4 team in the past that made it to the playoffs, only to choke after they got everyone's hopes up. So your season may not be ended just yet. They may have further misery in store for you.
Old 10-05-2009   #22
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Titans are 0-4 and their fans are surprisingly absent from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well, there was an 0-4 team in the past that made it to the playoffs, only to choke after they got everyone's hopes up. So your season may not be ended just yet. They may have further misery in store for you.
If you are referring to the 93 Oilers they were actually 1-4 before they went on the winning streak. They were never 0-4. IIRC I think they went 1-1 or 1-2 before getting to 1-4.

The only team to ever make the playoffs after starting 0-4 are the 92 Chargers.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #23
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Colt?
I'd rather not dabble in the Austin talent pool anymore

The '02 Titans went 1-4 then to the AFCCG... it can be done, but it won't.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #24
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Just go over there and talk smack then.

No need to call them out here. Call them out over there.
As I have said I am a Texan fan and I visit Texan fan sites. I feel it that its kinda tacky to go over to a site just to give their fans a hard time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
When we were 0-4 did you feel like going to other peopls boards and listening to them bristle after their latest victory?
I dont go out of my way to do so. and I find it hard to believe that all of the Titan fans suddenly became busy or lost the website location. I mean come on guys I have watched these guys preach at us how loyal they were and how they always supported their team....well Titan fans (Toronto, Bipolar, Bailing Arrow.) show us your loyalty.

That was my point last year...trash talk fine but going out of your way to make other fans feel bad. not cool.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with you.

The Titans fans who came over here and ran their mouths to us always made me mad. If they talked football, I was OK. But so many times on here, they were really just making snide little spiteful comments. They might even make a good "football" post, but then they would insert some smack'ish statement or comment within the post. Just to give us a little dig. To pour salt onto the wound.

I have not posted on their board. And will never post on their board. I get the satisfaction of knowing that the environment on their board (amongst themselves) is probably chaotic and disgruntled. My joy is found in that they have been taken down a notch, and now THEY have to gripe and whine and be distracted from happiness. That might be a poor way for me to look at it, and it might be characterless by some people's standards. But this is just a hobby. I can take joy in their calamity because it's not like I am wishing bad things on their jobs or family life or anything.

The old "I don't have anything nice to say, so I keep my mouth shut" line of wisdom applies here, at least for me.

I wouldn't go and do to them what some of them have come here and done to us. Does me restraining myself from going over there win me any points with them? No. But I'm doing it as a principle. So that when those meatheads come here and start flaming us, I can flame them right back and say "I don't go to your house and take a dump on your furniture. Don't do it here in MY house."
Old 10-05-2009   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
If you are referring to the 93 Oilers they were actually 1-4 before they went on the winning streak. They were never 0-4. IIRC I think they went 1-1 or 1-2 before getting to 1-4.

The only team to ever make the playoffs after starting 0-4 are the 92 Chargers.
As usual, you are correct:

L 0-1 @ New Orleans Saints
W 1-1 Kansas City Chiefs
L1-2 @ San Diego Chargers
L 1-3 Los Angeles Rams
Bye Week
L 1-4 @ Buffalo Bills
Old 10-05-2009   #27
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Despite my ire for Bud Adams I don't see the point of kicking a man when he's down. You kick a man enough times when he's down you give him an incentive to get up and when he GETS UP...he'll want to respond to the kicks you gave him. Let the Titans fans grieve, and when they get back up THEN we can kick em.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #28
BY1401
14-2*

Rep Power: 12 BY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden cover

When the Colts had a stranglehold on the division, smack-talking Titans fans were nowhere to be found on the boards I'd frequent.

Last year, they were insufferable.

This year, nary a peep.

That happens with fans from most every team, but it's bad form. If you're going to dish it out, you'd better be able to take it in return.

-Jim Caldwell 12/23/2009
BY1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #29
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Despite my ire for Bud Adams I don't see the point of kicking a man when he's down. You kick a man enough times when he's down you give him an incentive to get up and when he GETS UP...he'll want to respond to the kicks you gave him. Let the Titans fans grieve, and when they get back up THEN we can kick em.
Nah, let's kick the hell out of the old fart.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #30
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Nah, let's kick the hell out of the old fart.
I say shoot him.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Schadenfreude abounds!

Save your sympathy. Most Titans fans have been nothing but crappy to Texans fans on this board for years. They are getting what they deserve, for like Hookem mentioned, they have brought the Three Curses to form the perfect hell for the start of their season: The Curse of Bud, The Curse of the Choking Derrick, and The Terrible Towel Karma Bitchslap.

All I can say to them is
Old 10-05-2009   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I'm too amazed at how this season has ended (yes, ended) to be embarrassed to come around here. Oh well... luckily I've got other things to look forward to now.
we can always reminisce.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=16

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Old 10-05-2009   #34
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Yes the Titans are a steaming pile right now and I don't expect that to change for at least a couple seasons. The Colts will most likely beat us down and then off to the pats which unless they forget they are playing on Sunday will bury our heads in the mud.

I honestly can not see a win until Buffalo right now.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #35
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone's talking about losing Albert Haynesworth but, I got to wonder if the biggest impact really was losing Schwartz to be coach of the Lions. Also looks like Kerry Collins is rounding back to form.

Has to hurt that your former DC went to a team that lost every game last year, and still managed to win one before a team that finished 13-3 last year. I will say though that Kenny Britt looks like a good player though.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #36
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Everyone's talking about losing Albert Haynesworth but, I got to wonder if the biggest impact really was losing Schwartz to be coach of the Lions. Also looks like Kerry Collins is rounding back to form.

Has to hurt that your former DC went to a team that lost every game last year, and still managed to win one before a team that finished 13-3 last year. I will say though that Kenny Britt looks like a good player though.
Didn't Antwan Odom play for the Titans last year ? Never mind he last year was 2007 .

To me the Titans were a team that if they had 7 talent , they play as a 9 . This year they lost that intangible and the talent level dropped . It may have happened when the Texans decided to hit the bully back and beat them .
Old 10-05-2009   #37
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

You're going to blame all this on Collins, though?

The reason he was good last year is he wasn't asked to do much. This has been recognized. I'm sure he would do just fine if he wasn't asked to win a shootout or bring us back from more than a score, which has been asked of him 3 times thus far. Fact is, he's not that kind of QB anymore, nothing has changed from last year to now. The defense is killer, the offense didn't get worse.

A lot of things go into the offense, for example. There were two times yesterday Heimerdinger called a run up the middle on 3rd and long... there's two 3 and outs. Once he ran a a little flare to a WR on 3rd and long, again, nothing. Not that Collins would have made that play, but he wasn't given much of a chance.

The sad thing is, Collins still gives us the best chance to win; and he's not able to do what we ask of him now.

Not sure how you don't see that, unless you're just looking at the box score each week.

Last edited by Bulluck53; 10-05-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #38
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Yes the Titans are a steaming pile right now and I don't expect that to change for at least a couple seasons. The Colts will most likely beat us down and then off to the pats which unless they forget they are playing on Sunday will bury our heads in the mud.

I honestly can not see a win until Buffalo right now.
I stand corrected.. ...here to take some. props
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #39
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never left either...

Thankful as hell I got two kids that are keeping me so busy on weekends that I have missed two and a half games live. I should give them an extra hug for helping me avoid watching this shit.

I'm stunned at the falloff - it's basically like the team shut down after the Ravens beat them in the playoffs and the hangover has not left the dressing room; worse is there is a complete void of leadership imploring the team to move on already.

I think the debacle yesterday in Hagland was the wakeup call. Several veterans are earning themselves new destinations this upcoming off-season.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #40
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Schadenfreude abounds!

Save your sympathy. Most Titans fans have been nothing but crappy to Texans fans on this board for years. They are getting what they deserve, for like Hookem mentioned, they have brought the Three Curses to form the perfect hell for the start of their season: The Curse of Bud, The Curse of the Choking Derrick, and The Terrible Towel Karma Bitchslap.

All I can say to them is
Yep, this has pretty much been the case. I think I'll give it another week or two and I might slide in over there and see how Titan land is doing. Call me cheap, call me petty, call me a jerk, but it's going to be some fun. Lol!

I got no love for the Titans or their fans that come into Reliant and act disrespectful every year.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read