Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009   #261
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
It's all my fault......I have to do a better job...blah blah blah. Please Lord, even if we all agree with Kubiak, please let him light a fire under someone's ass
wishful thinking, chance.

he can't light a fire under his own flatlining ass much less someone else's.

this dude's act is tired, lame, and chock full of losing. he is what he is. a losing Head Coach.

FIRE BUSH NOW!! if Gary and Rick won't fire him, then FIRE THEM!!

another year going right down the crapper....
Old 09-28-2009   #262
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Yeah I figured that - but i just wanted to gauge the H-town feel for him see if there was something to him. I hope he can run the table for the Cougars - at least most of you guys could find happiness with them. I want a proven NFL guy - not a college coach, hometown boy, or a relative of someone in the organization.
The only guy from college I would be OK with is Urban Meyer. That said, his system doesn't translate. He just was able to handle the jump from Utah to Florida, a huge upgrade in competition. Maybe he could make the jump up. That being said, I want a guy who has won, like Cowwer(he wont come) or Vermele(he wont either). Blah, life sucks.
Old 09-28-2009   #263
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
The only guy from college I would be OK with is Urban Meyer. That said, his system doesn't translate. He just was able to handle the jump from Utah to Florida, a huge upgrade in competition. Maybe he could make the jump up. That being said, I want a guy who has won, like Cowwer(he wont come) or Vermele(he wont either). Blah, life sucks.
Everyone has a price...
Old 09-28-2009   #264
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Everyone has a price...
We're gonna end up with a guy like Mooch.
Old 09-28-2009   #265
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
We're gonna end up with a guy like Mooch.
Lord I hope not, he can stay on the NFL Network where he belongs....
Old 09-28-2009   #266
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Few more minutes to see what Kubes has to say...
Old 09-28-2009   #267
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Few more minutes to see what Kubes has to say...
I dunno, but some guy had this to say:

"Test. Test."

I think it was Kubiak's minions. LOL
Old 09-28-2009   #268
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it sounds like Frank Bush's job is more than safe with Kubiak at the Helm.
He put it all on the players. He said Frank called a good game. Same old crap. He did say that some players are going to get a chance to play in place of some that are hurting the team. For sure he mentioned Jamison and Nading from the practice squad. Maybe Okoye will get benched.

Last edited by bckey; 09-28-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2009   #269
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Well it sounds like Frank Bush's job is more than safe with Kubiak at the Helm.
He put it all on the players. He said Frank called a good game. Same old crap. He did say that some players are going to get a chance to play in place of some that are hurting the team. For sure he mentioned Jamison and Nading. Maybe Okoye will get benched.
Not to exonerate any coaches, but I'm not inclined to disagree with him, really. The players missed assignments left and right. Fire the coaches if you want, but the new coaches will still have crap to work with. Of course, the current coaches are no great shakes, either, so this team is just screwed.
Old 09-28-2009   #270
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Not to exonerate any coaches, but I'm not inclined to disagree with him, really. The players missed assignments left and right. Fire the coaches if you want, but the new coaches will still have crap to work with. Of course, the current coaches are no great shakes, either, so this team is just screwed.
Well hopefully we can get someone that makes smart defensive personnel decisions. It won't take a long time to make this defense respectable, judging by what other organizations have done. This is their team, and their guys. Its not like this is Kubiak's first year.

What I think we all didn't see or understand when we hired Kubiak is that he doesn't understand defense at all. He pretty much leaves it to someone he wrongfully trusts and they fail. He doesn't have answers, all he can do is trust the guy he hired.
Old 09-28-2009   #271
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you realize that we still control our own destiny? Also, we have the same record as the Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals and a better record than Tennessee. We are tied for 2nd in the division.

Believe me, I'm disgusted with the blown opportunity yesterday and the poor defense. But, I also watched Pittsburgh Steelers blow a 2 score lead to Cincinnati after losing to the Bears last week. Those things happen and I'm not going to write the season off after a 1-2 start. Frustrating as this is, we need a little patience to see how the season develops.

If I see Amobi riding the bench, Pollard playing safety and Reeves getting reps at CB, I may dance a jig and then post my expectations for a 13 win season and a Superbowl run...

on the other hand, if I see the same starting 11 again this week, I may just throw myself off a cliff.
Old 09-28-2009   #272
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
What I think we all didn't see or understand when we hired Kubiak is that he doesn't understand defense at all. He pretty much leaves it to someone he wrongfully trusts and they fail. He doesn't have answers, all he can do is trust the guy he hired.
I think that pretty much sums it up.
Old 09-28-2009   #273
bckey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Do you realize that we still control our own destiny? Also, we have the same record as the Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals and a better record than Tennessee. We are tied for 2nd in the division.
I see what you are saying here Dale but I don't think anyone actually believes we are as good as any of those teams. Some may think we are better than the Titans but I don't. They could just as easily be 3-0. Fisher will get them out of the hole they are in.
Old 09-28-2009   #274
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see what you are saying here Dale but I don't think anyone actually believes we are as good as any of those teams. Some may think we are better than the Titans but I don't. They could just as easily be 3-0. Fisher will get them out of the hole they are in.
fans of teams that suffer disappointing losses always have a very gray picture of the team while mired in the losing, particularly when they don't have a winning history. My point is that a 1-2 start doesn't disqualify this team from winning 10 games. That kind of thing happens in the NFL all the time. A lot of us believed this was a 10 win team going into the season and the fact that we are one game off pace of that shouldn't send us into outright despair.

When the NYGiants won the Superbowl, they struggled early.. and were BRUTAL on defense, adjusting to a new scheme but they got their 9 wins, made it to the playoffs and won the freakin' Superbowl. I'd love to read some of the posts and hear the thoughts of Giant fans after that early season loss to Dallas (45-35, I think).
Old 09-28-2009   #275
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only AVAILABLE head coach I'd rather have here than Kubiak is Bill Cowher. Everyone else would be just as much a crapshoot as Kubiak. Gruden might be the best of the rest of the pack. And if either of those guys were hired, I'd want to keep Lil' Shanny here.

Otherwise, I say ride it out with Kubiak. He has this offense firing. If he could JUST get the defense to come around...
Old 09-28-2009   #276
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
fans of teams that suffer disappointing losses always have a very gray picture of the team while mired in the losing, particularly when they don't have a winning history. My point is that a 1-2 start doesn't disqualify this team from winning 10 games. That kind of thing happens in the NFL all the time. A lot of us believed this was a 10 win team going into the season and the fact that we are one game off pace of that shouldn't send us into outright despair.
Yes it does, when you've got a defense that can't even hold two of the worst teams in the league to under 30 points. We are dreadful on defense and that's all there is to it. Hell we barely got by against that Titans team and could have almost been 0-3. This isn't a good football team. This is a football team with a great offense and ZERO leadership. A team with zero leadership doesn't go anywhere in the NFL.

Quote:
When the NYGiants won the Superbowl, they struggled early.. and were BRUTAL on defense, adjusting to a new scheme but they got their 9 wins, made it to the playoffs and won the freakin' Superbowl. I'd love to read some of the posts and hear the thoughts of Giant fans after that early season loss to Dallas (45-35, I think).
Did you really just compare this defense to the one that the Giants had when they won the SB? I don't care how inconsistent they may have been at the beginning of the season. They were nowhere near as bad as this team's defense is.
Old 09-28-2009   #277
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Believe me, I'm disgusted with the blown opportunity yesterday and the poor defense. But, I also watched Pittsburgh Steelers blow a 2 score lead to Cincinnati after losing to the Bears last week. Those things happen and I'm not going to write the season off after a 1-2 start. Frustrating as this is, we need a little patience to see how the season develops.

If I see Amobi riding the bench, Pollard playing safety and Reeves getting reps at CB, I may dance a jig and then post my expectations for a 13 win season and a Superbowl run...

on the other hand, if I see the same starting 11 again this week, I may just throw myself off a cliff.
We also have the same record as the Lions and Raiders, but our defense is the worst of all of them.

If you believe any of that, I might have a bridge to sell ya.
Old 09-28-2009   #278
bckey
Hall of Fame

I can't find 9 wins in our remaining schedule no matter how hard I try. It is really brutal up to the bye. And to top it off we are starting out 0-2 at home. There will not be a wildcard team from the AFC south. I posted in another thread where I believe the AFC north and AFC east will produce the wildcard teams. And that means we would have to win our division. Not gonna happen. Check it out.

Sun. 4 RAIDERS
Sun. 11 @ Cardinals
Sun. 18 @ Bengals
Sun. 25 49ERS
Sun. 1 @ Bills
Sun. 8 @ Colts
BYE 15
Mon. 23 TITANS
Sun. 29 COLTS
Sun. 6 @ Jaguars
Sun. 13 SEAHAWKS
Sun. 20 @ Rams
Sun. 27 @ Dolphins
Sun. 3 PATRIOTS
Old 09-28-2009   #279
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't find 9 wins in our remaining schedule no matter how hard I try. It is really brutal up to the bye. And to top it off we are starting out 0-2 at home. There will not be a wildcard team from the AFC south. I posted in another thread where I believe the AFC north and AFC east will produce the wildcard teams. And that means we would have to win our division. Not gonna happen. Check it out.

Sun. 4 RAIDERS
Sun. 11 @ Cardinals
Sun. 18 @ Bengals
Sun. 25 49ERS
Sun. 1 @ Bills
Sun. 8 @ Colts
BYE 15
Mon. 23 TITANS
Sun. 29 COLTS
Sun. 6 @ Jaguars
Sun. 13 SEAHAWKS
Sun. 20 @ Rams
Sun. 27 @ Dolphins
Sun. 3 PATRIOTS
I think the bolded ones we have a decent chance of winning. Hopefully the pats aren't playing for anything in the last week. Haha, we'd really get in a groove if we won our last 6 games. And then we'd still have to win one of those games after the Raiders game to have a chance at the playoffs.
Old 09-28-2009   #280
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This is a football team with a great offense and ZERO leadership. A team with zero leadership doesn't go anywhere in the NFL.
I disagree that this team has "zero leadership". Matt Schaub leads by example and makes sure everyone on his offense is on the same page. Andre Johnson plays with more grit than anyone else I've ever seen. Demeco Ryans has more fire than anyone else on this team and plays with the energy and passion of Troy Polamalu.

Just because Kubiak doesn't spit on his players or tongue kiss them on the sidelines doesn't make him a poor leader. It makes him stoic. Bear Bryant was stoic. Tom Landry was stoic. Mike Holmgren was stoic. I'm not saying Kubiak is one of those guys, but don't mistake his lack of screaming for lack of passion or ability.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read